Davis and White #36: What a Wonderful World

semogal

Lord help me, I want to slap some people that seem to think Meryl and Charlie aren't coming back because they know they would lose to V/M. I honestly think they just don't want to give up time with family & friends and other opportunities to devote 24/7 to training. Meryl & Charlie know that if they came back they would be competitive (and a part of me is sad we won't see Charlie's new performance skills in competition).

mollymgr

Lord help me, I want to slap some people that seem to think Meryl and Charlie aren't coming back because they know they would lose to V/M. I honestly think they just don't want to give up time with family & friends and other opportunities to devote 24/7 to training. Meryl & Charlie know that if they came back they would be competitive (and a part of me is sad we won't see Charlie's new performance skills in competition).

Don't worry about it. That's their opinion and no one can change it. Meryl and Charlie will be celebrating after this important decision in this fashion.:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njUwJUg1I

lmarie086

missing my cat :(
The idea that somehow Meryl and Charlie decided to not come back because the sport has moved past their abilities is odd to me. In some ways, I think ice dance has simplified somewhat since the 2014 season - programs seem more open to me much of the time. Meryl and Charlie would absolutely raise the level of competition if they came back. As I said yesterday, I'm happy for them that they felt comfortable enough with their legacy that they didn't feel the need to come back. I'm so looking forward to seeing what opportunities are in their future (s)!

justtojoke

Meryl and Charlie are so polite and good-natured that people overlook the steel inside. They have as much ego as any champions and they think they've only gotten better. They know they'd be in the mix.

Skaters retire, bitter fans never do.
Cheers to that!!!!!:40beers: Soooo is anyone tweeting Nick questions for Ice Talk? I'm trying to think of stuff I want to know. I did ask a throwaway question of what did they do with all the Citizen watches they've won:lol:

Areski

Ugh ... I dislike those posts so much, it's unnerving. I guess some people are still pressed and keep with their bs. :blah:

justtojoke

Listen...DW have the right to be content. I think people are being defensive and bitter about DWs retirement because their faves haven't had a chance to experience that level of satisfaction with their own careers. Meryl and Charlie have nothing to prove. They have an Olympic Medal in every color, they've won everything they could possibly win. They've already been through 2 successful Olympic Cycles. And now they want to use that Champion mentality to conquer life outside of competition. I think that is so inspiring. Too bad for the folks that are caught up in competitive drama that is obsolete. :biggrinbo

OnyxRose81

Meryl and Charlie obviously have new challenges they want to try in life. They've won everything there is to win. This mindset that they're afraid to lose to V/M is ridiculous, as is the fact that the sport has passed them by somehow (even more ridiculous that they were known by some as a team who was just all technical). Meryl and Charlie obviously are content. Why shouldn't they be? Plus, Charlie hasn't been married that long. Maybe he wants to spend time with his wife and possibly start a family instead of training endless hours? Just maybe.

Jessica

I guess one can also read what they have to say about how they would have done in this new article.:p
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2017/02/23/216836406

Great article. I love that apparently they have their own dedicated parking space.

I really miss them competing (and especially their twizzles) but never thought they were coming back. I'm so happy that they are enjoying their lives and their many opportunities. They have been so good for the sport and great representatives of U. S. Ice Dancing.

Laura4

I must confess that I was a bit relieved to know they're done competing, because I don't think I could take another round of the "we wuz robbed" posts if they came back and starting winning again.

semogal

Jessica, the shorter interview with the incomplete newlywed game is posted on ice network as Scott Hamilton Show Episode 11. The extended interview and full game is there as Scott Hamilton Show Interview - Tanith White and Charlie White. If the links don't work you can find them under videos on the site.

I don't know if there are mobile versions, sap5.

Thank you so much for posting the long interview. I have had a rotten day and that was just the ray of sunshine I needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information