From Russia with love [#27]: Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

Tickets for Russian Nationals are on sale now
https://spb.kassir.ru/sport/pervens...1MTM4MzQ3QzFDRDYwOTgxMUM4M0Q1QTBDMDlGODIiIC8-

Russian Nationals will be held in Saint-Petersburg this year
Schedule (Moscow time):
December, 21
14:00-16:30 Men's SP
16:50-18:50 Pairs SP
19:15-20:00 Opening ceremony
20:30-22:15 Ice Dance, SD

December, 22
14:00-16:30 Ladies SP
16:50-19:50 Men's FP
20:10-21:55 Ice Dance FD

December, 23
15:00-17:15 Pairs FP
17:35-20:35 Ladies FP

December,24
13:00-13:45 Medal ceremonies
14:00-16:00 Exhibitions

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Tickets for Russian Nationals are on sale now
https://spb.kassir.ru/sport/pervens...1MTM4MzQ3QzFDRDYwOTgxMUM4M0Q1QTBDMDlGODIiIC8-

Russian Nationals will be held in Saint-Petersburg this year
Schedule (Moscow time):
December, 21
14:00-16:30 Men's SP
16:50-18:50 Pairs SP
19:15-20:00 Opening ceremony
20:30-22:15 Ice Dance, SD

December, 22
14:00-16:30 Ladies SP
16:50-19:50 Men's FP
20:10-21:55 Ice Dance FD

December, 23
15:00-17:15 Pairs FP
17:35-20:35 Ladies FP

December,24
13:00-13:45 Medal ceremonies
14:00-16:00 Exhibitions

Wish I could be there.

zebraswan

Only 4 days to choreograph an SP and LP? It says he still also works with his team choreographer, so I wonder just how much they were able to accomplish. Also, he says going to Stephane was his idea, even though Stephane publicly offered to choreograph for him before last season and nothing came of it (bad decision by Mikhail's team, imo). Anyway, I hope he got something decent out of it and that they will still look like Lambiel programs when all is said & done.

adelia

According to Vaytsekhovskaya Gatchinski decided not to come back after all and is coaching in Mishin's group
She probably got that "news" from the Mishin Camps instagram posts/stories. He's working at their summer camp as a trainer and not as a competitive skater.

Shiera

Ok. :D... one more guess, given it is Poklitaru's choreo, and "well known music piece but not associated with a story"....
"Sarabande". Poklitaru designed a great piece for 2, and! this pieces has many new, interesting elements, holds and lifts which can be used in Ice Dance..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDf84e1KpUw
I'd pay attention to this dance choreographed by Poklitaru for Ukrainian dancing TV project.
Touching story and a well-known music.;)
https://youtu.be/koivVgVM6Gs?t=66

Eislauffan

Only 4 days to choreograph an SP and LP? It says he still also works with his team choreographer, so I wonder just how much they were able to accomplish. Also, he says going to Stephane was his idea, even though Stephane publicly offered to choreograph for him before last season and nothing came of it (bad decision by Mikhail's team, imo). Anyway, I hope he got something decent out of it and that they will still look like Lambiel programs when all is said & done.

The basics of the programs were built by Misha Kolyada's his long-time choreographer, but he went to Stéphane for working on the programs and for additional input. This is how I understood him. I don't know if Misha realized that Stéphane offered to do choreography for him (his English is limited) last season. In any case, they met at NHK Trophy and also at Worlds. But Misha had not contact details for Stéphane and asked Maxim Trankov for help. It was his initiative and he wanted to work with Stéphane (and was supported by his team, at least this time). In any case, it was a good experience for Mikhail I think and he enjoyed working with Stéphane and feels very motivated.

caseyedwards

As for Artur Gachinski, Mishin told me in Tartu at the training camp that he told Artur that it is not worth trying to come back and Artur decided to follow his advice.

Very interesting! I believe he said it because of Kolyada and kovtun and judges

Shiera

You don't give up, don't you? The music (first part) was suggested by Ekaterina and Dmitri and not by Radu Pokltaru, btw. As it says in the article, I believe. ;-)
Will see) And what do you think about the story for the program?)

zebraswan

Very interesting! I believe he said it because of Kolyada and kovtun and judges

Every skater has to deal with competition and it's not like those two were the only thing standing between him and the Olympics (they are hardly consistent, or light years ahead of the rest of the men). You don't come back after two years and expect it will be easy to get a spot on the team. It was just probably too difficult for Artur to get all his jumps back and catch up at a time when everyone else is upping their tech content.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Having watched Plushenko come back for two more Olympics, Mishin knows what it means to transition back to full-time training, both physically and psychologically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information