Subtitles and You

Vagabond

I use them all the time and a good sound bar. I can adjust the volume much better with the sound bar than the TV speakers. I may or not pay attention to them depending on the program, but I find the "intense music" or other descriptions hysterical.
šŸ¤Ø Are you talking about skating programs with intense music, and, if so, which ones? Just curious. šŸ˜Š

rfisher

Let the skating begin
šŸ¤Ø Are you talking about skating programs with intense music, and, if so, which ones? Just curious. šŸ˜Š
:lol: No. I don't have the caption on when streaming skating. It's dramatic shows. There is a lot of creativity describing music. I always wonder what deaf people think when they read some of those descriptions.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
:lol: No. I don't have the caption on when streaming skating. It's dramatic shows. There is a lot of creativity describing music. I always wonder what deaf people think when they read some of those descriptions.
One show DH was watching had the caption ā€œcreepy music.ā€ :rofl:

Fun fact, the captioners have a trade association along with the court stenographers and such and they actually came to my PR firm 20 years ago. Most boring client ever. I feel sorry for them now because thatā€™s a job for AI if there ever was one.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I think some shows record subtitles in advance directly from the script so it's almost word perfect. Blue Bloods is like that. Then when the actor deviates from the script there's a little difference but it still makes sense. Live shows that record on the fly can be almost garbled.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Watched the PBS annual Memorial Day concert last night, and the captions were awful. I've rarely seen them so bad. (And I watch Turner Classic Movies, which has bad captions on the regular.) Talk about not knowing your audience -- a lot of the older veterans watching, including my dad, really need those captions. And all those speeches, readings, and songs were pre-written, so it didn't have to be that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information