Roman Kostomarov

Willowway

As for the current situation, it is said Roman agreed by himself to do these surgeries. I think it is true. If so, he chose to do this step, if it can save his life.
Excuse me for saying that you're the person who just said don't believe everything you read. You don't know Roman; I don't know Roman. Or if we've met him, we don't know him well enough to know what he agreed to and what he is thinking. "It is said" is not a viable citation, especially in figure skating.

I think sending Roman our best, hoping for recovery for him is very appropriate and kind, and you've also done that. Let us accept that we understand very few of the details but that a fine skater is terribly ill and deserves our support.

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Excuse me for saying that you're the person who just said don't believe everything you read.

If people started talking about the question whether “it is time to let him go” because of the "info" from some articles, I can mention that articles say that not long ago Roman was able to make decisions about surgeries by himself.

I think it’s reasonable to trust those decisions which Roman or his family and his doctors make now.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
He was officially sanctioned by the Ukrainian parliament for showing support for the war:

Many other famous Russian skaters on the list as well.
Yes, I think at this point we can safely assume that most Russian skaters/athletes suck in this respect. But what's happening to Kostomarov is awful, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone (well, almost anyone). I hope he'll make it and find a way to live a meaningful life.

(as for the list, it makes me happy that the Averina sisters lost to Linoy Ashram in Tokyo, mwahahaha)

Yuri

Today's very lengthy Sport-Express article is the first with comments from Oksana Domnina and one of his team of doctors.

Oksana also noted that her husband was in critical condition. However, the doctors managed to stabilize him.

“We knew and understood everything from the very beginning about the consequences that could be. When Roman fell ill, a council of the best doctors was assembled. My husband had a very difficult, difficult condition, all the indicators went off scale, these were actually numbers that they don’t live with and don’t survive. And my husband was born again, and the fact that he is with us now is a great miracle and the merit of doctors, and great happiness, and this is the most important thing for us.

When Roman gets better - and it will definitely happen! - and will find the strength to talk about what he has experienced, he will definitely tell everything himself. Let's let the doctors work in peace, and wish Roman a speedy recovery. I would like to say a big thank you to everyone. And let's continue to pray for Roman to recover as soon as possible, accept the whole situation and live a full life further , " added Domnina.

Also, Denis Protsenko, who heads the team of doctors involved in the treatment of Kostomarov, spoke about the process of treating the Olympic champion. He stated that Roman's condition after hospitalization was rapidly deteriorating.

“In early January, on the fifth day of his illness, with a high temperature and in a rapidly deteriorating condition, Roman was hospitalized in one of the Moscow hospitals. Despite intensive care, his condition progressively worsened in intensive care. And after five hours it was clear that only artificial lung ventilation could cope with such a total lung damage caused by a viral-bacterial infection.

In the last 48 hours, the organ dysfunction has begun to resolve. His kidney function is starting to recover. Although there was severe multiple organ failure with complete anuria - the absence of the urinary function of the kidneys. There were problems with the lungs, with the work of the heart. With such a severe infection, there are virtually no organs that would not be involved in this process. And we really want to believe that such dynamics will continue, but it is impossible to make any forecasts. For the past few days, Roman has been breathing on his own, but we are aware that the situation may change , ” Protsenko said.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Also several of his organs have been in and out of order, according to reports. They say his kidneys weren't working properly and that his veins have been clogged.
This really is a tricky situation, to say the least. No one can predict anything at this moment because the human body just acts differently all the time.

ice crystal

He is still a human being who is suffering. He deserves sympathy, not hatred.
I don't read Rafter's comment as coming from a place of hatred. Hope that Roman and his family find comfort in the knowledge that he is accessing top medical care and be supported in many ways, including financially. That is a lot more than would be said for young men, maimed in a war they were conscripted into. Maybe thought was on Rafter's mind, as it crossed mine also. It doesn't mean I hate anyone, not even remotely and I guess Rafter doesn't either. Who in their right mind would hate on someone facing a life of severe disabilities.....

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
Poor guy. He must be plagued with streptococcus. It's like jumping from the pan into the fire, it's only getting worse. I sincerely hope he can beat it. Going through such an ordeal is horrific and it must be true hell for his family.

Edit 02/21: Sports.ru talks now about a cerebrovascular accident. As meningitis can cause CVA, let's hope he doesn't have both. It's like a horror movie, except it's really happening to someone :(

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Now Russian media are reporting that Kostomarov has suffered two strokes...Jesus, what else does he have on his bingo card?! I feel like he has all the illnesses there are at the same time.

I cannot express how sorry I am for him and his family.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Now Russian media are reporting that Kostomarov has suffered two strokes...Jesus, what else does he have on his bingo card?! I feel like he has all the illnesses there are at the same time.

I cannot express how sorry I am for him and his family.
Are the Russian media reliable sources? In any case I hope Roman recovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information