Laurence Fournier Beaudry / Nikolaj Soerensen
Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier

Men
Keegan Messing
TBD

Women
Madeline Schizas

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I thought Messing was going to quit after Nationals?
No. He has said all along that he hoped to compete at one last WTT this season - meaning this was his last season. The way Skate Canada has been selling it though, they've made it seem like Canadians was his last competition.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Seems they are leaving Worlds up to Orzel vs. Gogolev with Chiu being passed by 4CC and just going to World Juniors instead.

And with Ruiter not getting 4CC yet two other minimum-eligible skaters did, SC definitely dropped the ball on not getting Bombardier out there. But it definitely leaves the door open for her come WTT with the way it’s spread now.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Pathetic the canadanes are going to worlds instead of LALA, skate canada is praying they don`t screw up at 4cc and lala beat them there, canadian politicking won`t work at an international event.
Skate Canada will have eggs on their heads, right?

yurokis40

Skate Canada will have eggs on their heads, right?
Yes they will the canadanes are not reliable in the big moments and cannot elevate there game when it counts, every error major fall is an excuse, the skirt, injury blah blah blah.

Karen-W

Pathetic the canadanes are going to worlds instead of LALA, skate canada is praying they don`t screw up at 4cc and lala beat them there, canadian politicking won`t work at an international event.
You know, it's strange... I'd think Skate Canada is more worried about HawBak beating FBSoer than they are LajLag beating them, especially seeing that LajLag have never beaten FBSoer either internationally or domestically while HawBak have topped them twice in the last 10 months (Worlds 2022 and the GPF last month).

On My Own

Last edited by a moderator:

yurokis40

You know, it's strange... I'd think Skate Canada is more worried about HawBak beating FBSoer than they are LajLag beating them, especially seeing that LajLag have never beaten FBSoer either internationally or domestically while HawBak have topped them twice in the last 10 months (Worlds 2022 and the GPF last month).
Hawayek and baker only beat them when they had a major screw up though but we are talking about a rival fed, anyway hawayek and baker are not a threat this year their rd sucks and the fd is same old same old.

On My Own

Hawayek and baker only beat them when they had a major screw up though but we are talking about a rival fed, anyway hawayek and baker are not a threat this year their rd sucks and the fd is same old same old.

Last edited by a moderator:

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Seems they are leaving Worlds up to Orzel vs. Gogolev with Chiu being passed by 4CC and just going to World Juniors instead.

And with Ruiter not getting 4CC yet two other minimum-eligible skaters did, SC definitely dropped the ball on not getting Bombardier out there. But it definitely leaves the door open for her come WTT with the way it’s spread now.
Again Bombardier doesn’t meet the criteria as well as the others she doesn’t have a triple triple? She has to have that in her program and with the monitoring etc .

Karen-W

:rofl: Really, you should stop hanging out with Prince Harry and sharing whatever psychedelic 'shrooms he's using, because your delusions are even worse than his.

Just so we're clear...

1) Lajoie/Lagha have NEVER beat Fournier Beaudry/Soerensen, either domestically or internationally. They couldn't even do it this weekend at Canadian Nationals when Soerensen screwed up his twizzles in the RD and FB fell in the FD when her skates got tangled in her dress.

2) Hawayek/Baker have beat Fournier Beaudry/Soerensen twice in the past 10 months. Once at Worlds last season when FBSoer just skated poorly - no major errors, just lackluster material and delivery. And then, JUST LAST MONTH at the GPF when FBSoer had a fall in their FD.

So, two competitions where FBSoer counted a fall in the FD among their errors and you think that Lajoie/Lagha, who couldn't beat them at one of those two events, are the bigger threat to beating 4CCs in 4 weeks than Hawayek/Baker, who actually DID beat them at the other of those two events.

Seriously, lay off the 'shrooms, my friend.

Karen-W

Why aren't McIntosh/Mimar going to 4CC?
I think Skate Canada wants to get Laurin/Ethier another chance at the Worlds SP TES min so that they actually have an alternate team that isn't currently injured (Matte/Ferland), and they want to get Pereira/Michaud in front of the international judges again before Worlds - this will only be their 2nd international.

Personally, I'd have left SDDes off the 4CCs team and told her to take a week off to get fully well, but if SDDes wanted the assignment, then McIntosh/Mimar seem like the obvious sacrificial lambs.

Surprised Ruiter didn't get 4CC. The other assignments make sense.
Same. But maybe they want her focused on getting a junior FS prepared and trained instead of doing both with only a 3-week turnaround between events. Seems the same logic applied to Chiu.

RoseRed

I think Skate Canada wants to get Laurin/Ethier another chance at the Worlds SP TES min so that they actually have an alternate team that isn't currently injured (Matte/Ferland), and they want to get Pereira/Michaud in front of the international judges again before Worlds - this will only be their 2nd international.

Personally, I'd have left SDDes off the 4CCs team and told her to take a week off to get fully well, but if SDDes wanted the assignment, then McIntosh/Mimar seem like the obvious sacrificial lambs.

Same. But maybe they want her focused on getting a junior FS prepared and trained instead of doing both with only a 3-week turnaround between events. Seems the same logic applied to Chiu.
Same, but I think she said she was going to take a few days off and talk to her doctor after they got back from Nationals, so I guess it's still possible they won't end up going, and M/M will replace them.

4rkidz

I'd have sent Ruiter to 4CC instead of Miclette. It's not unheard of to skate at 4CC and jr worlds in the same season (Chartrand and Schumacher both did) and Chiu was assigned to both events last year.
Interesting, I could see that. Makes you wonder though what other influences could have been at play. Overall I think all the choices are good.

4rkidz

Good points. Don’t agree with all but I do think it would have been smarter to leave Deanna off the 4CC comp as at altitude and needs recovery time.

clairecloutier

I'm just wondering if Roman might still be in the mix for Worlds--especially if neither Gogolev nor Orzel do well at 4CCs.

There are only 24 spots in the free skate at Worlds, right? And Roman has by far the best SP score this season for Canadian men.

Season's-best scores SP

6 -- Roman
24 -- Keegan
43 -- Orzel
45 -- Gogolev
52 -- Chiu
If I were Skate Canada, I'd be looking closely at the 4CCs SP scores, to see if Orzel or Gogolev can improve there. :watch:

Last edited:

yurokis40

I'm just wondering if Roman might still be in the mix for Worlds--especially if neither Gogolev nor Orzel do well at 4CCs.

There are only 24 spots in the free skate at Worlds, right? And Roman has by far the best SP score this season for Canadian men.

Season's-best scores SP

6 -- Roman
24 -- Keegan
43 -- Orzel
45 -- Gogolev

If I were Skate Canada, I'd be looking closely at the 4CCs SP scores, to see if Orzel or Gogolev can improve there. :watch:
Roman is a lost cause at this point.

skategal

Bunny mama

Season's-best scores SP

6 -- Roman
24 -- Keegan
43 -- Orzel
45 -- Gogolev

Because it’s TBD, I’d say it’s possible but the chances are probably not high.

I think both Conrad and Stephen would have to mess up at 4CCs and Wesley at Jr Worlds for Roman to get the nod.

Karen-W

Season's-best scores SP

6 -- Roman
24 -- Keegan
43 -- Orzel
45 -- Gogolev
52 -- Chiu
Yeah, but that SB in the SP was at Nebelhorn - and the next day, he did what he does best in the FS and bombed... I realize that the point is he was able to skate the SP cleanly, better than any other Canadian man this season, and that's key to making the FS, but I'd say that Orzel, Gogolev and Chiu all have the opportunity to do much better than they've done to date in the SP with their ISU Championship assignments, and it's probably going to come down to which man delivers best for the 2nd Worlds spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information