Peacock Will Stream All NBCUniversal Coverage Of Beijing Olympics, Including Live Events, Via Premium Tier

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I see a new episode of Olympic Ice up with today's date. The Olympic Show was first shown yesterday. It's up too.

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
I'm going to be extremely grateful for a women's event without commentary.
I hate to be rude, but Tara and Johnny are an embarrassment to the sport. They seem egotistical and I am surprised NBC desires THIS to be the face of the sport.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I hate to be rude, but Tara and Johnny are an embarrassment to the sport. They seem egotistical and I am surprised NBC desires THIS to be the face of the sport.

As Dave Lease and other online experts have pointed out, NBC is purposely using Tara & Johnny primarily as “entertainer personalities” than traditional commentators…hence the outfits, childish mannerisms, etc. Terry is the more traditionally grounded one. When she appears, Tanith is also grounded. It’s a show. NBC seems think that flighty silliness is what the American TV-viewing public wants.

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
As Dave Lease and other online experts have pointed out, NBC is purposely using Tara & Johnny primarily as “entertainer personalities” than traditional commentators…hence the outfits, childish mannerisms, etc. Terry is the more traditionally grounded one. When she appears, Tanith is also grounded. It’s a show. NBC seems think that flighty silliness is what the American TV-viewing public wants.
That is unfortunate. I appreciate some occasional light-hearted silliness, but Johnny and Tara both have so much experience and accomplished so much in the sport-- I would prefer to hear more of their lived experience and insights over the campy attempts at humor.

bladesofgorey

I don't know where else to ask this question- but last night I was able to view archived Olympic practices on Peacock, and now I can't find any Olympic archives at all, only listings for the upcoming skating events. I'd wanted to watch the RD. Am I missing something or has Peacock stopped allowing replays of the Olympic events?

Cherub721

YEAH!
I don't know where else to ask this question- but last night I was able to view archived Olympic practices on Peacock, and now I can't find any Olympic archives at all, only listings for the upcoming skating events. I'd wanted to watch the RD. Am I missing something or has Peacock stopped allowing replays of the Olympic events?

Weird. I just logged in and I also see only "live and upcoming" for figure skating.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Go to Olympics > Figure Skating, and everything is still there in replays.

bladesofgorey

Enjoy this excellent chat exchange I just had with Peacock customer service 15 minutes ago:
  • Thank you for reaching out to us! As I have checked the details the replays are currently not available. I would request you to check back for the availability of the content.
  • why are they not available?

• The reason I pay for this is to be able to watch replays after work
  • when will they be available again?
  • I can understand your side. There is no update regarding the availability of the content.
  • Please be assured we'll do our best to resolve the issue.

• when did they stop being available
  • what do you mean there is no update
  • this is the service I signed up for
  • why are they not available any more?
  • The replays should be available after the coverage of the live event. However, the replays are not available currently,
  • why?

• Please be assured we'll do our best to resolve the issue. .

• is this a known issue? and not a change in service?

• I apologize, there is no such ongoing issue.
  • in other words this service is only of use to me to watch replays. If peacock plans to no longer offer replays the service is of no use for me to pay for? What do you mean there is no issue?
  • you just said you are doing your best to resolve the issue, and now you are saying "I apologize there is no issue"

• will Peacock no longer be offering replays?
  • I can understand your side. Let me forward your case for further assistance to our team.
  • thank you
  • Can you please confirm, if the email address [email protected] is the best way to reach you at?

• no that is not my email address!!!

• where did you get that address from? The only one for my account is here at the top of the chat!!!!
  • I apologize for the typo.

deegee

is the fd event starting at 8:15 eastern tonight the full event or just the last 2 groups?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
is the fd event starting at 8:15 eastern tonight the full event or just the last 2 groups?
The full event. Everything on Peacock that's listed at the start time for the actual event is the commentary-free full version.

Allskate

I’ve been looking for episode 7 all day and it doesn’t seem to be up! WTF?
I couldn't find it either despite multiple tries and on multiple devices. I was bummed. I'm really enjoying their show. Ashley Wagner is doing a great job, and the panel overall is very good.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I couldn't find it either despite multiple tries and on multiple devices. I was bummed. I'm really enjoying their show. Ashley Wagner is doing a great job, and the panel overall is very good.
I watched it earlier today. It's definitely up. I added Olympic Ice to "My stuff" and now I can see all the episodes whenever I want.

LeafOnTheWind

Check the end of the Olympic Show if you can't find Olympic Ice by itself on replay. It is actually part of their show. Sometimes the Peacock techs forget to break it out separately or don't get to that right away.

Allskate

Check the end of the Olympic Show if you can't find Olympic Ice by itself on replay. It is actually part of their show. Sometimes the Peacock techs forget to break it out separately or don't get to that right away.
Thank you! That worked for me.

ETA: Nope. That was a repeat. I still can't find the episode with the Jason Brown interview. :(

Last edited:

A.H.Black

There are two days where Olympic Ice is not separate from The Olympic Show. One was yesterday 2/13. I'm pretty sure the other one is 2/11. On both days Olympic Ice starts at about the 1:35 mark. The 2/11 show is one of the best they have done but only about a half hour. I don't remember if that is the Jason Brown day but it could be.

Last edited:

krasofka

Hi all,
I just registered on this forum for this post. Lost and looking for help here.
I come from Russia but live in USA now. In am a casual Figure skating fan, trying to watch broadcasts of big events.
I need commentary for the videos, as I can not distinguish between the jumps, see minor mistakes etc. In Russia we basically have 2 federal TV channels broadcasting FS events. I join the live stream from official website of the channel and watch it live with ads (have to use VPN as it is not available outside of Russia).

I get a bit tired or russian commenting and would like to watch the broadcast with american commentary (especially Tara and Johny, very curious about them), but I can not understand the system at all. There are many networks, tons of channels, different subscriptions for everything. The most dissapointing part is that when I find a way to watch a replay of the event (NBC sports or PeacockTV), there is no commentary at all. It makes no sense to me. Why do they remove the comments?

These last FS events of the Olympics 2022 start on 2am PST, so there is no way for me to watch it live, and I still could not find a single replay with commentary.
Am I missing something or there is no way to watch a replay of the event with commentary?
There is NBC Primetime, which Johny mentions in his twitter. Will there me comments? Is it just a tiny fraction of the event?

Any other channels/commentators in English you can recommend?

Thank you so much for your help.

A.H.Black

Right now if you want commentary, you will need to watch the NBC broadcasts (on TV and/or through some sort of provider; cable, satellite, roku, appleTV and so on) of figure skating - on NBC or USA. A good, simple schedule of those broadcasts is on post #37 of this thread. I think you can also see the commentary versions if you watch the "live" streaming on Peacock. As you mentioned, the replays on Peacock are almost all without commentary - at least for now. Many of us record the broadcasts so we can watch at our convenience.

It is possible that those broadcasts will be available on peacock at some point, probably after the Olympic are over. I don't think we know yet. Other posters here will give you more complete information.

Also as you said, it is complicated. Many of us spend quite a bit of time planning and scheduling the way we will watch skating - sometimes because it is very hard to find and sometimes because there are so many choices.

Welcome and Good luck

Sylvia

TBD
NBC's broadcast tonight starts with start ordwr #9 Gubanova so it looks like up to 13 short programs may be shown?
ETA: #13 Brezinova & #19 Yelim Kim shown after #10 Bell then it's off to live coverage of the Men's Slopestyle Skiing Finals.

ETA:
I get a bit tired or russian commenting and would like to watch the broadcast with american commentary (especially Tara and Johny, very curious about them), but I can not understand the system at all. There are many networks, tons of channels, different subscriptions for everything. The most dissapointing part is that when I find a way to watch a replay of the event (NBC sports or PeacockTV), there is no commentary at all. It makes no sense to me. Why do they remove the comments?
Peacock's digital stream replays do not have any commentary. The figure skating in primetime broadcasts (Terry Gannon, Tara and Johnny) only have the top programs, usually scattered throughout the broadcast, and can be found in "NBC Primetime Replays" by day on Peacock and also are archived here afterwards: https://www.nbcolympics.com/figure-skating

Last edited:

shuilee

Are the medal ceremonies online anywhere? I'd like to see the Ice Dance ceremony (H&D) and the Men's ceremony (Nathan Chen). I have Peacock, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Sylvia

TBD

Pairs medal ceremony, held in the arena, is not on NBCOlympics.com yet but is at the end of Peacock's Pairs FS replay.

Last edited:

sk9tingfan

All in one place, Nathan's interviews scheduled so far:

NBC 2/22/22 Tuesday Today 7:00-9:00 AM - NBC
NBC 2/22/22 Tuesday Today Third Hour 9:00-10:00 AM - NBC
NBC 2/22/22 Tuesday Tonight with Jimmy Fallon 11:30 PM - 12:30 AM NBC
CBS 2/23/22 Wednesday CBS Mornings 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM -CBS
CBS 2/25/22 Friday The Late Late Show with James Corden 12:36 - 1:38 AM - CBS

Hope Stephen Colbert schedules him.

Last edited:

Debbie S

All of the figure skating replays on Peacock have been taken down. :cautious: I checked a few other Oly sports and their replays are still up. (Is this seriously b/c of the lawsuit on K/F's music? They weren't in every event.)

The replays are still up on the NBC Olympics website, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information