Peacock Will Stream All NBCUniversal Coverage Of Beijing Olympics, Including Live Events, Via Premium Tier

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
….

2022 US Synchronized Skating Championships

….And maybe the bigger question is - will on-demand coverage take place? My guess is it will still be shown on Peacock because Peacock did air all the skating from the Olympics live, it's the missing replays or on-demand options that are the problem. So I'm really curious to see how this next event is all handled.

To be more specific:
On-demand coverage for how long?
A day? A year? “Forever”? Peacock isn’t being honest if it touts being “on-demand” but only for a tiny time after the live airing.

jiejie

I've never used a VPN so this is probably a dumb question, but can you use a VPN to watch U. S. Qualifying competitions and U. S. Nationals?
I think US Nationals might have coverage from other countries. US Qualifying comps, no. Peacock was the only source for that and changing servers won't be of help. However, since peacock's usefulness this season is effectively over, I'm ok with dumping it and see what transpires over the next few months. Can always pick it up again if there is value again there.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I wonder if TPTB decided it was easier just to remove the FS navigation (i.e., the pages) rather than go through all the events and knock off the ones that mattered. This sounds like something some of the companies I worked for would do.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
All of the individual event icons are up on Peacock and can be saved to My Stuff

Thanks. I’ll do this later…just can’t get as excited as I was for practically the entire season up to now. One thing is for sure: I will record everything on the spot, “live” as I watch, to ensure being able to see it after the event!!!!! 🤣

Last edited:

maureenfarone

Peacock is streaming Worlds and I am watching the Women's SP without commercials but with commentary. Commentary is from the ISU feed with Simon Reed and Nicky Slater.

maureenfarone

They’re not adding much value IMO. A little too chatty for my taste.
I would have preferred no commentary but I don't particularly mind Simon Reed. Nicky Slater comments a lot while we are watching replays of the highlights of the programs and I just turn the volume down.

Just wanted to add that there are no commercials in the Replay - which is already up and the competition ended about 75 minutes ago. Oh, and I only pay $4.99 a month so if I watch any other tv programs or movies on Peacock I do have commercials - I just don't have them for skating competitions.

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Compared to NBC during the program, these two are almost silent. I don't mind chatty afterward.

eta - The comments made on the open mic after the competition ended were inappropriate, though. Even I heard them. Whoever left the mics open for about 6 minutes should be accountable. However, these are experienced commentators who should know better.

Last edited:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
They were horrible. Calling a skater a specimen, showing no understanding of the rules, and talking incessantly. For the first time in my life, I had to lower the volume to avoid them.

People like to rag on Johnny and Tara but they at least know what they are doing (except maybe ice dance) and do some research before the comp starts.

Allskate

I much prefer chatting after the program than during the program. I didn't think they talked incessantly during the performances. I take breaks during the wait for the scores, so I'm not sure what the commentators even said, buy it sounds like I didn't miss much.

Evgeniafan

Peacock has still not put the Pairs SP up for replay. The Pairs SP ended 6 hours ago. I feel really angry. The Pairs FS is tomorrow and for many people they really want to see the SP before the FS.
I'm angry too. I'm going to bed so there is no way I will watch the SP before the FS. I'm watching the FS live. Taking tomorrow off to watch skating.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Folks, might I suggest downloading the Opea browser and then using its VPN feature to watch the ISU feed on YT? I know it's not the best solution, but you should be able to watch it that way.

zigzig

Hm the Peacock replays are really spotty - the pairs SP never went up and the ladies SP took forever and then disappeared for a while before coming back online. Maybe I’m having browser issues or something.

skatfan

Folks, might I suggest downloading the Opea browser and then using its VPN feature to watch the ISU feed on YT? I know it's not the best solution, but you should be able to watch it that way.
The pairs SPs have not shown up. The top womens SPs are there.

maureenfarone

@skatfan are you saying the Pairs SP replay is missing from the ISU feed on youtube? If they are missing from youtube ISU feed then this is probably because of the remarks the commentators made at the end of the program. For the love of all that is holy I hope they get rid of the commentators.

alice73

@skatfan are you saying the Pairs SP replay is missing from the ISU feed on youtube? If they are missing from youtube ISU feed then this is probably because of the remarks the commentators made at the end of the program. For the love of all that is holy I hope they get rid of the commentators.
Pairs SP replay is missing from Peacock. But maybe for the same reason, because of commentators’ remarks?

skatfan

I couldn’t find it initially but it is there. But Peacock here in the US is not making it available for replay, and yes I’m guessing it’s because of the commentary, which means the ISU made both NBC and the CBC unhappy.

A.H.Black

Pairs SP replay is missing from Peacock. But maybe for the same reason, because of commentators’ remarks?
It could be because of the commentary, but I'm thinking it might be because Knierim/Fraser did not change their music and there is still a legal issue. We will have to look for pairs sp elsewhere. If anyone finds videos, please post.

I see a personal apology was issued to Meghan Duhamel from the commentator and from the ISU president today. Ted Barton will be fine - I assume for the rest of the competition.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
If anyone has any commentating experience, Nicky Slater is likely looking for a new partner.

mtnskater

Since I couldn’t watch the pairs sp while eating breakfast this morning, I tried to watch the mens sp since it was over. NOT AVAILABLE FOR REPLAY on Peacok so far. What is going on. peacock used to get replays up very quickly. Grrrrr!

I didn’t hear the hot mic comments…only the tweet from Megan about it. Yikes! Truth be told I’m not that picky about commentators but Nicky Slater is awful. He could not even remember the difference between a counter and a Choctaw while commenting on Mariah Bell’s skate. They are just too outdated in their knowledge and commentary. I was muting during the replays. Glad they are gone if true. But Ted Barton???? He was the official English commentator for Russia Channel One so I’m not sure I support him either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information