The Dance Hall 9: Bring the Bling or No Beijing 2021-2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gris

不做奴才做公民
Is this posted somewhere on the board that I am missing? Or is there a link?

Dobre

Here's the link to the stream from the Ice Challenge RD cued up to when they took the ice: https://youtu.be/DMdVB66CHG4?t=7501
Thank you. I enjoyed watching the young skaters and new teams getting the chance to compete in an international competition today.

Thank you. So no Abachkina, but we have Sinitsina & Katsalapov skating to Abachkina & Thauron's RD music from 2016-17. (Or at least I think of it as their music. Maybe someone else used it before?)

SidelineSkater

As much as I wanted to not like Sin/Kats, bc I think they are generally overscored because RUS needed a spoiler to IAM/PapCiz…I kinda actually like it for the most part - up until the Irish jig ChSt part. I like blue on Vika. Much better than the blush/pastels from previous dresses. I’m still not a fan of the pajama shirt look for him. But whatever.

As for Snake Aliens, I like her costuming and packaging and his top looks more tailored than what I saw live at Skam. I said it before. Their first 2/3 builds but then kinda flatlines the last part. I wish it would build more with different music. Maybe instead of an Irish jig, they could do a random Russian polka ChSt? I like this program more for them than Snake Charmer bc it seems less gimmicky to me. I love one of their last lifts that makes me think of a star with the position Madison hits as they rotate. Very cool. Prob one of my fav dance lifts this season.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Seriously though has anyone spotted the new it couple(s). My hopes have either gone up in flames or will soon enough.

Sylvia

TBD
At NHK Trophy last weekend, Takahashi and Muramoto totaled 179.50 points, a Japanese record in international competition and 22.25 points more than they scored at the same competition a year ago (their first as a couple).
Komatsubara said afterward that she had an elbow tendon injury that would be examined this week after flying to North America. Their training base is Montreal.
Takahashi and Muramoto have the momentum.
“Compared to NHK Trophy last season, there were no major mistakes, and we were able to put on the performance we were practicing for,” Muramoto said after Saturday’s free dance, according to a translator.

Dobre

Has another dance team done La Bayadere?

I was thrilled for Muramoto & Takahashi at NHK as I like them both as skaters & I like both their programs. Maybe the first team I can say that for certain about this season. Marina does ballet very well, IMO. The pandemic was a real blow for M&T, as they could have used that missed season of competition; but it is exciting to see how far they've come.

I will always think of Memoirs as the Shibs' program because they had it as their free dance the very first time I saw them in novices, and then of course, they revamped it & skated it as seniors; but I do like this program for Komatsubara & Koleto. She's doing all the performing, I think; but she's doing it well. It's the best thing they've done, IMO.

Along with Muramoto & Takahashi, there are some other teams who have one program that I really like & one which is coming along. (Hurtado & Khaliavin, Green & Parsons).

A lot of teams have one program I love, but two is a much higher bar.

firstflight

I find M/T’s street dance part of their RD to be the strongest this season concept and execution-wise in terms of the actual dancing (not the elements, etc.). There was discussion on here back in 2016/2017 about Asian dance crews being its own thing and I just see it fleshed out here within that genre. I gasped at the head circle moment. Love this RD so much.

Dobre

I know someone was asking about Tkachenko & Kiliakov earlier. There was previous speculation that they were switching federations to Israel, but no confirmation. This looks like it is probably confirmation from the Santa Claus Cup entry list:

WL Tkachenko Elizabeth / Kiliakov Alexei ISR (1st public confirmation of their country switch?)

Anyway, I would hypothesize that it is true as they placed pretty decently in at least one of the events this summer but didn't compete on the JGP for the U.S.

clairecloutier

Inside Skating has a new interview with Papadakis/Cizeron, in which they talk about their Olympic programs, etc. They haven’t decided yet if they will continue skating after the Olympics.

Andrea82

Callers for Internatiounaux de France are Hurth (done Lombardia this season), Dostatni (Lake Placid) and Towler-Green (Finlandia).

Halina is in Warsaw panel with Marie-Louise Gijtenbeekt and the ever-present Sergei Baranov (GP Italy, Nebelhorn, Denis Ten, Victor Petrenko, Ice Star).
Panel of judges is very Eastern Europe oriented: Pol, Svk, Blr, Rus, Ukr, Isr (living in Ukraine) and Usa. Pretty much as you would expect except maybe the absence of a Czech judge.

deegee

oooh, i'm loving these french team decisions in the rd this year! from the music to choreography... excellent! d/m still have a juniorish quality, but they're smart to skate within themselves, not doing too much. and the mj covers were such good, unique choices!

and i just keep falling more and more in love with l/b :cheer: they should be well above the russian team in their group.

deegee

i like c/p's batman routine! maybe my fave u.s. team's rd this year so far just based on originality of music and choreographic choices.

i thought r/a would look really out of place in this group, but they really don't. twizzles nice and close in the required sequence and more really good music choices. i'm just realizing i haven't seen very many of the rd's this year until now and it's not as disappointing an rd year as it was looking early on. shame on the damn fall 😬

Ka3sha

A lot of the recent Challengers have been handing out huge RD scores not reflected elsewhere.
I guess this is not about scoring itself, but rather about D/S rise within Russian ice dance ranking. With such solid scores and several Challenger events behind their backs they now look like solid Russia#3 (or even #2 in the future). And knowing how much power and influence Eteri has in Russia, I have no doubt they will be on the Olympic team.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see them skating FD in the team competition.

clairecloutier

A lot of the recent Challengers have been handing out huge RD scores not reflected elsewhere.

Which ones? The scores at Lombardia, Autumn Classic, and U.S. Classic seemed at least fairly in line with those seen elsewhere? (But I haven't had time to follow a lot of the Euro Challengers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information