Royalty Thread #13: Zooming in on our favorite royals

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairecloutier

So the Queen has 7 great-granddaughters now, and 5 of them have "Elizabeth" or "Lilibet" as either their first or second name. :D

Vagabond

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Kate does look amazing but I hate the current trend of adding capes to a dress. Some of them look ridiculous to me.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Kate does look amazing but I hate the current trend of adding capes to a dress. Some of them look ridiculous to me.
I love the look, but it has to be done right. Kate's gold cape dress was perfection because it didn't overpower her.

ballettmaus

I love the dress, I'm not sure how I feel about the cape. In some photos, it makes Kate's shoulders look hunched over and I don't know if it's the photo, the cape or if she has a tendency (as some tall people do) and the cape emphasizes it.

I agree about Beatrice and Eugenie, @puglover . They seem to have a good relationship with the/their family while being far enough removed to live a happy life.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I love the dress, I'm not sure how I feel about the cape. In some photos, it makes Kate's shoulders look hunched over and I don't know if it's the photo, the cape or if she has a tendency (as some tall people do) and the cape emphasizes it.
So many famous actresses don't stand up straight. It drives me crazy. I blame Ice Dance for making me very aware of people's posture.

Vagabond

Burnishing his green credentials before the Cop26 summit, it was with pride that Prince Charles revealed that he runs his Aston Martin on “surplus English white wine and whey from the cheese process”.
I knew that English white wine served some useful purpose. :duh:

Parsley Sage

Today is the innaugural presentation of the Earthshot prize established by Prince William.

Will and Kate have just arrived on the green carpet and Kate is repeating a lilac McQueen gown she wore in 2011. William is wearing a green velvet dinner jacket and a black turtleneck? mockneck? highneck?

Lemonade20

Today is the innaugural presentation of the Earthshot prize established by Prince William.

Will and Kate have just arrived on the green carpet and Kate is repeating a lilac McQueen gown she wore in 2011. William is wearing a green velvet dinner jacket and a black turtleneck? mockneck? highneck?

Wow!!! Will's best look to date! I'm loving the dark green jacket. Kate always looks amazing, love that she's recycling her dress from 2011.

Vagabond

I would call that a smoking jacket rather than a dinner jacket.

The term "smoking" used to refer to 🚬 but apparently now refers to :smokin:.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
A bit late sharing this news as it’s not earth shattering :lol: but last Thursday we were caught in traffic on the motorway. It was cos of QUEENIE carrying out an engagement in Cardiff (10 miles away) the windows were tinted on 2 cars so yay Charles and Camilla were there too.

But yeah,not exciting but I’ll cope with a traffic jam for her.

clairecloutier

Princess Mako of Japan has married her fiance (a non-royal) and is now Mako Komuro. The couple will leave Japan and move to the U.S., in part due to public disapproval of their marriage:

By Western standards anyhow, it's crazy what this couple has had to endure. There are some aspects of the traditionalism of Japanese culture that I appreciate, but in other ways, it's clearly time for the country to move forward. It's so outdated and misogynistic for the Japanese royal family to disallow female succession. OTOH, I think it's probably best that the whole Japanese monarchy be abolished, period, because it's obviously not only completely misogynistic but highly regressive in every way in terms of the expectations on how the royal family should behave. (It makes being a British royal family member look like a relative picnic.) And perhaps the continued lack of male heirs and the mistreatment of female royalty will eventually lead to it dying out.

P.S. The article has pictures of people protesting Mako's marriage and I just noticed that one of them was holding up a sign saying, "Where will the security funds for their New York life come from?" Ahhh, the arguments are the same everywhere, aren't they? Apparently the only thing harder than being a royal is trying to drop out of being a royal. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

becca

Princess Mako of Japan has married her fiance (a non-royal) and is now Mako Komuro. The couple will leave Japan and move to the U.S., in part due to public disapproval of their marriage:

By Western standards anyhow, it's crazy what this couple has had to endure. There are some aspects of the traditionalism of Japanese culture that I appreciate, but in other ways, it's clearly time for the country to move forward. It's so outdated and misogynistic for the Japanese royal family to disallow female succession. OTOH, I think it's probably best that the whole Japanese monarchy be abolished, period, because it's obviously not only completely misogynistic but highly regressive in every way in terms of the expectations on how the royal family should behave. (It makes being a British royal family member look like a relative picnic.) And perhaps the continued lack of male heirs and the mistreatment of female royalty will eventually lead to it dying out.

P.S. The article has pictures of people protesting Mako's marriage and I just noticed that one of them was holding up a sign saying, "Where will the security funds for their New York life come from?" Ahhh, the arguments are the same everywhere, aren't they? Apparently the only thing harder than being a royal is trying to drop out of being a royal. :rolleyes:
Except she was always going to drop out that was the system. She didn’t get to keep her title if she married. And my understanding she is not entitled to
government funds anyways. Other than a one time pay out.
Folks should be ashamed.

attyfan

Except she was always going to drop out that was the system. She didn’t get to keep her title if she married. And my understanding she is not entitled to
government funds anyways. Other than a one time pay out.
Folks should be ashamed.
She requested that she not be given the one time pay out years ago ...

becca

She requested that she not be given the one time pay out years ago ...

Yeah she is taking literally nothing. It’s ridiculous the Japanese people don’t get this both ways. We throw you out females once you marry but we get a say in who you do. Best of luck to the couple

Lemonade20

Hopefully they will live a long & happy life together quietly. Unlike the other "royal" couple who left the family.

canbelto

The Queen has canceled a bunch of engagements. I wonder if her health problems are worse than they're letting on.

Bunny Hop

Queen of the Workaround
She looked okay on the video message during the climate conference. I know makeup can do a lot, but still, she didn't look noticably unwell. And people a lot younger than her get taken out for weeks with back problems. It doesn't sound like an unreasonable excuse to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information