From Russia With Love [#40]: Summer 2021 & into the Olympic season

Status
Not open for further replies.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Boikova can sleep for now that P/K aren't scoring high yet
They have the same FS music.

P/K programs are still messy from this first outing, lifts are level2 or 3, and very low PCS
I Finally figured its their 4th season but they still look like Juniors, its their knees and legs they need to fix those form.

I Think if these are skated clean it will score in 146-148 range, PCS will always be an issue for these two but
two clean programs will be enough to knock out one of the notoriously inconsistent Tarasova / Morozov or Boikova / Kozlovski

P/K only need a silver in Cup of Russia to qualify to the GPF, very doable as only M/G are the competitors. Boikova and Kozlovskii better watch out

angi

P/K's Swan Lake is probably the worst I've ever seen. I love them and I want them to get the 3rd spot over B/K but that program will bury them, their PCS here were so low that only CAN3 and the UK team got worse PCS. Bring back last season's FS.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
P/K's Swan Lake is probably the worst I've ever seen. I love them and I want them to get the 3rd spot over B/K but that program will bury them, their PCS here were so low that only CAN3 and the UK team got worse PCS. Bring back last season's FS.
To be fair, if they'd skated clean, that PCS score would have been much higher. That was one of the worst skated programs I've ever seen them do and I'm really hoping it's just lack of training and not a recurrent injury.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
To be fair, they seemed a bit off during the skate. Maybe jet lag due to their late arrival?
I thought they were one of the Russian entries that were able to fly out on Sunday as originally planned.

hanca

Values her privacy
They didn’t skate the Swan lake well, and yet they looked visually better than Boikova/Kozlovski’s swan lake. I don’t mean the elements, but the posture. Even though I would never choose this music for P/K, I just found P/K more believable as a swan than B/K. P/K are clearly not in their top competitive shape, but at least watching it doesn’t make me wonder how this could come from a country with such ballet tradition. Watching B/K makes me wonder what Moskvina was thinking.

Bigbird

They didn’t skate the Swan lake well, and yet they looked visually better than Boikova/Kozlovski’s swan lake. I don’t mean the elements, but the posture. Even though I would never choose this music for P/K, I just found P/K more believable as a swan than B/K. P/K are clearly not in their top competitive shape, but at least watching it doesn’t make me wonder how this could come from a country with such ballet tradition. Watching B/K makes me wonder what Moskvina was thinking.
B/K have just lost their confidence. They have it in them but they need to stop sabotaging themself with negative thinking.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I dont think anyone will say again a 5 Quad Trusova is unbeatable, it shouldnt even be in conversation, and thats with Valieva not putting another triple axel.

Triple axel is the winning formula which Trusova unfortunately is devoid of (has never landed it) NEVER
and might had caused the injury, the Trusova "cryptonite"

What now for Alena, sure doubled jumps 3ft-2t and UR lutz and 3axel with PCS on par with the Japanese and Alysa
No GPF...

2 3Axel + 3 quads will beat a 5 Quad . Its not a debate its a Fact

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Tuktamysheva's has HIT her ceiling, this is it : 81-83 SP and 151-153 FS, this is her ceiling this season without a quad.

does this mean she is worthy of an Olympics ticket ? No coz If everyone skates clean thats not enough
that score is beatable, one mistake and she is off the podium in Olympics against Wakaba, Alysa or even You Young.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I dont think anyone will say again a 5 Quad Trusova is unbeatable, it shouldnt even be in conversation, and thats with Valieva not putting another triple axel.

Triple axel is the winning formula which Trusova unfortunately is devoid of (has never landed it) NEVER
and might had caused the injury, the Trusova "cryptonite"

What now for Alena, sure doubled jumps 3ft-2t and UR lutz and 3axel with PCS on par with the Japanese and Alysa
No GPF...

2 3Axel + 3 quads will beat a 5 Quad . Its not a debate its a Fact
Aliona could still make the GPF. Her next event is IdF and the only competition there is Shcherbakova. Sinitsyna, Higuchi, Lee and Chen are no competition for a silver medal, minimum.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I didn't know it was possible to land on three feet. Alena really must have a special talent. And a double toe at the end. Amazing.

Also, this isn't the ladies thread.
she did do 3F-3T in second half but did did 2 Lutz and underrotations, GPF looks bleak unless she beats a quadless Anna.

Lilia A

she did do 3F-3T in second half but did did 2 Lutz and underrotations, GPF looks bleak unless she beats a quadless Anna.
She did a 3Lz-2Toe early in the program, which was planned. She's repeating the flip and the lutz, which gives her more value than repeating one of those two and the toe for another 3-3. It's about strategy and not visuals. Pretty sure the first Lutz is a marker for an eventual second 3A like she did back in 2019/2020.
Underrotations happen. Some are prone to be under a lot, some aren't. But even those who aren't are eventually going to be short on a jump, or two, or several, and a tough (or should I say fair?) panel will call them.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
She did a 3Lz-2Toe early in the program, which was planned. She's repeating the flip and the lutz, which gives her more value than repeating one of those two and the toe for another 3-3. It's about strategy and not visuals. Pretty sure the first Lutz is a marker for an eventual second 3A like she did back in 2019/2020.
Underrotations happen. Some are prone to be under a lot, some aren't. But even those who aren't are eventually going to be short on a jump, or two, or several, and a tough (or should I say fair?) panel will call them.
Kostornaya is heavily nitpicked now by the judges, even her tiniest blips, her PCS is concerning, that advantage is no more, unless maybe she if she starts skating clean again and lands two triple axels.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
P/K won the silver medal at Skate Canada with two fabulously crafted programs, even though neither was skated perfectly...but they were clear #2 today with only the great Sui/Han besting them.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
P/K won the silver medal at Skate Canada with two fabulously crafted programs, even though neither was skated perfectly...but they were clear #2 today with only the great Sui/Han besting them.
I enjoy them tremendously, but they were just narrowly 3rd-best over a brand new Canadian team today. The big concern should be that their PCS was only 6th in this field.

hanca

Values her privacy
I wouldn’t go as far as saying that they were clear number 2. They were extremely lucky that they had such a good skate in the SP, which enabled them to stay on 2 place, but it was just by sheer luck. If the pairs who placed 3rd and 4th didn’t mess up too, P/K could have ended easily 4th. They definitely were not clear number 2.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
A good short program skate isn't just sheer luck. The Good Short Program Fairy doesn't just appear out of the sky and grant it to you. :) They worked hard for that good short program, and it paid off.

clairecloutier

Pavliuchenko was expressionless at this competition. Musicality has never been a strong suit of hers, but it was particularly noticeable at SC. Perhaps it’s due to lost practice time, but there were some truly odd moments. It was one of the most awkward free skates I’ve seen from such a top-level team. The programs have some interesting ideas but I’m not sure they’re a fit for Pavliuchenko herself.

skatingguy

decently
Pavliuchenko was expressionless at this competition. Musicality has never been a strong suit of hers, but it was particularly noticeable at SA. Perhaps it’s due to lost practice time, but there were some truly odd moments. It was one of the most awkward free skates I’ve seen from such a top-level team. The programs have some interesting ideas but I’m not sure they’re a fit for Pavliuchenko herself.
SC

ivagall

P/K "suffered" the win of silver medals at SC. Had they started at SA a week ago, they would not even have any points. I always had a soft spot for them, but the programs are raw to say it nicely. Lots of inovative ideas, but so far they are not able to present them well. They were never loved by international judges and programs like this are not going to help them to get on the Olympic team.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I'm not too worried for P&K. They were too unprepared to even do the LP at their Russian cup last week. Their status now is where other teams were during the summer, and they still won a silver. I wouldn't have expected them to make the Olympic team anyway, but they can get in shape by Worlds and if someone withdraws they would probably finish around top 6 there.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Aliona could still make the GPF. Her next event is IdF and the only competition there is Shcherbakova. Sinitsyna, Higuchi, Lee and Chen are no competition for a silver medal, minimum.
Interesting that you consider the reigning world champion not much of a competition. Never underestimate Anna’s heart.

nuge

I'm sorry but I don't like the pairing P/K.I just see him he is the star of the pair.Their size difference is too much and he just throws her around. :shuffle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information