2021-22 ISU Grand Prix assignments announced

On My Own

Why is everyone here persisting in the belief that the RusFed would restrict or prohibit their skaters and personnel from getting the Pfizer, Moderna, AZ or J&J vaccines?
Because I didn't know this information revealed to me right now.

But then, why were people worried about Russian skaters entry into IdF? If they can, then they will get those vaccines, and enter France.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Because I didn't know this information revealed to me right now.

But then, why were people worried about Russian skaters entry into IdF?
Because no one knows which, if any, of the skaters who train in Russia (not just Russian skaters) as well as their coaches and support personnel have gotten vaccines that are approved for use in France. So, the question is whether or not those folks will be allowed entry into France, even for IdF.

On My Own

Because no one knows which, if any, of the skaters who train in Russia (not just Russian skaters) as well as their coaches and support personnel have gotten vaccines that are approved for use in France. So, the question is whether or not those folks will be allowed entry into France, even for IdF.
I guess? Seems strange if they have no problem getting the approved vaccines, then they will somehow still not. They've had ample time to see to it by now. I thought maybe their government disapproved of it and people were worried because of that (it's a state-funded program, so).

And yes, I know it affects skaters training in Russia who aren't competing for Russia as well. Same thing applies, except the government won't even sneeze at them.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Why is everyone here persisting in the belief that the RusFed would restrict or prohibit their skaters and personnel from getting the Pfizer, Moderna, AZ or J&J vaccines? Mozer had Pepeleva & Pleshkov get J&J vaccines while they were training over here during the summer. One has to assume that Davis/Smolkin also have received one of those vaccines since they train in Michigan. Neither team has lost their GP assignments.
coz Russia hasnt allowed western made vaccines yet to be imported, there are some rumors they will make a temporary workaround
by allowing some vaccines in designated public health hospital, this is only for those with VISA issues etc.

www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/09/30/western-coronavirus-vaccines-may-be-coming-to-russia-kommersant-a75173

until Sputnik will be approved by WHO, they expect it to be between November.

meggonzo

Banned Member
Would there be an issue with Chinese athletes getting into Japan? It looks like they were the only Chinese entry for NHK.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Italy is actually the week before NHK, which might be a logistics problem?
Brain freeze there, lol. Could very well be a logistics problem of getting into Japan perhaps.

The only event for any of the Chinese Men and Women is Italy. It will be curious to see what they do with their Pairs teams. I'd almost expect them to pull Wang/Huang from IdF but since Peng/Jin are also assigned there and W/H were able to get into Germany, I'm guessing there won't be an issue with getting into France for either team. Crossing my fingers that Sui/Han are able to make it to Skate Canada.

On My Own

Possibly because several other Chinese skaters are going to Italy, and the Federation would rather have them all go together to one competition.
Then we might see other withdrawals still, and it's very disappointing. I wonder how they will mentally prepare and get WS points, if they do.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
All of this news about withdrawals makes me think...

I hate to be Debbie-Downer here but are things really getting back to normal in this world?

Even my short trip to NYC two weeks ago for the ballet...the ballet went on (after checkpoints to enter the theatre) BUT this was NOT my NYC-Lincoln Center area of the past, with almost all restaurants closed down, the hotel where I always used to stay closed-down after being used by homeless (doorman told me, “maybe in 2023 we reopen,”) and even the Starbucks at the corner closed...where Ballet fans used to congregate after shows.

It’s waaay too soon to celebrate any return to normal. However, I’m grateful for small reminders of the past.

ostile17

By Oct 29th, full vaccinations (age 12 and up) are required for planes and trains in Canada. This will affect skaters at Skate Canada
Same here in Italy but starting even earlier on October 15th. It will effect skaters at Gran Premio d'Italia

ostile17

BTW, as per her IG, Carolina Portesi Peroni injured herself during training yesterday.
She tore her knee-cap tendon and will need surgery and a 4 months stop. 😭

At the moment they are still listed for the GP d'Italia but expect her and Michael to w/d!

seabm7

By Oct 29th, full vaccinations (age 12 and up) are required for planes and trains in Canada. This will affect skaters at Skate Canada

In my opinion, Skate Canada should send out the relevant notice immediatly to the skaters. South Korea will start vaccinations for 12-17 years on October 18th.

Last edited:

barbarafan

It will but.....parents who have money to pay for skating at that level usually have enough brains to vaccinate the minute it is available to them. We have mini trumps running Ontario and Alberta but other provinces seem ok.

seabm7

It will but.....parents who have money to pay for skating at that level usually have enough brains to vaccinate the minute it is available to them. We have mini trumps running Ontario and Alberta but other provinces seem ok.

For Canada and US, yes. For other countries, the governments were hesitant to allow vaccinations for minors. South Korea waited several more months since there were not enough vaccine supply (they had barely enough to vaccinate 60 years old and up until late summer) and to make it sure adverse effects do not happen to children/youths upon vaccination.

Last edited:

barbarafan

For Canada and US, yes. For other countries, the governments were hesitant to allow vaccinations for minors. South Korea waited several more months since there were not enough vaccine supply (they had barely enough to vaccinate 60 years old and up until late summer) and to make it sure adverse effects do not happen to children/youths upon vaccination.
usa is a mess as anti vaxers are physco and they got a late start as Trump wanted to hide it. Ontario was a mess as Doug Ford was not much help. ie.. just as rinks were starting to open he held and allowed big parties for his friends. You also have the international airport there so PPL coming and going. Funds allocated were not used. He is a real (mini-trump)Quebec was super super careful so many rinks were even changed to vaccine depots. We do have some anti vaxers (ie idiots) in Mtl who r getting pretty mouthy but gov. are going to implement huge fines if you try to obstruct any health places etc.

meggonzo

Banned Member
Samsonov is crossed out for Skate America. Who is next in line that would be a viable substitute?

Andrea82

As expected, Moscheni/Fioretti replace the injured Portesi Peroni/Chrastecky at GP Italy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information