U.S. Women [#1]: The Contenders Unmask Themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’m really looking forward to Mia Kalin’s JGP debut this coming week, at Kosice, Svk. She seems to be the US woman most ready to attempt the ultra-C moves, since pre-puberty Alysa Liu. Maybe it’s fortunate that she’ll be the first one this season to compete against jr Russians. Wishing Mia & other US lady there, Ava Marie Ziegler, the best!

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Not yet confirmed officially, but it looks like Mariah has a new SP and brought back the FS she didn't get to skate at 2020 Worlds.

From one of the National Development Camp skaters who watched Champs Camp practices on Saturday: https://twitter.com/Jacobskatee/status/1431687940225355776
mariahs SP to river flows in you fits her SO WELL. she looks so mature and comfortable with it.
(I assume he means the piano piece by Yiruma.)

He also tweeted: "don't quote me on this but I could've sworn I heard them play HALLELUJAH for a quick second"

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Credit to @natsulian :) who was the first to post on FSU about Mia Kalin in April 2019 in a previous U.S. Ladies thread (scroll up for the full post #79; link to my reply is here): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ll-boots-and-camel.105458/page-3#post-5569795
(Tinami Amori was also one of the first to notice the skating of both Mia and Isabeau Levito - Tinami would have enjoyed seeing them both debut on the JGP this season. :()

Isabeau Levito is USFS' latest Skater Spotlight (Sept. 1):

Last edited:

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Bradie is now listed as WD from the US Int'l Classic in Norwood. I hope it's nothing serious and/or just strategic season planning.

ETA: per the USFS international assignments page
Oh dear - isn't this her second withdrawal? Wasn't she also going to the Cranberry International or am I thinking about someone else?

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Oh dear - isn't this her second withdrawal? Wasn't she also going to the Cranberry International or am I thinking about someone else?
She did withdraw from Cranberry Cup. I doubt it's anything major - H/B are now also listed as withdrawn from US Classic so my guess is there is some re-shuffling of senior B assignments going on.

sk9tingfan

She did withdraw from Cranberry Cup. I doubt it's anything major - H/B are now also listed as withdrawn from US Classic so my guess is there is some re-shuffling of senior B assignments going on.

That's interesting. I wonder what type of feedback she got on her programs at Champs Camp. There are so many variables at play right now. Nothing is simple.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
I just have to say (Ive been feeling sentimental lately) and watching old vids on the tubes...

Nicole Bobek's SP at 2005 Worlds....WOWZA!!!!!! Her power, extension, flexibility, musicality right to her fingertips.... BEST she ever did! I love it...(Where in UK was Worlds? Manchester?)

I APPRECIATE the fluff piece at the beginning which also talks about her Mom, Jana, who was a figure skater as well in Czechoslovakia and then how the tanks went through in 1968. Her mom, Jana, was usually present at most of her meets.

Added later: Oh, it was Birmingham.

This SP is PURE entertainment....such joy... and that double axel!!!!!!

Her spirals are even more stunning than say Sasha who was magnificent...I dont know why but Nicole's has even more presence!!!

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝

Caffeinatedkmc

I have to say Bradie’s withdrawal is a little concerning to me. I know that things change around, but this is her third withdrawal (Peggy Fleming, cranberry, now this). Hoping it’s just that her programs needed adjustment and not an injury.

I had actually thought about going to the international classic, but with Bradie and H/B out, I’m not so sure. There are other people I still want to see, but with my own injury, I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle.

karmena

I just have to say (Ive been feeling sentimental lately) and watching old vids on the tubes...

Nicole Bobek's SP at 2005 Worlds....WOWZA!!!!!! Her power, extension, flexibility, musicality right to her fingertips.... BEST she ever did! I love it...(Where in UK was Worlds? Manchester?)

I APPRECIATE the fluff piece at the beginning which also talks about her Mom, Jana, who was a figure skater as well in Czechoslovakia and then how the tanks went through in 1968. Her mom, Jana, was usually present at most of her meets.

Added later: Oh, it was Birmingham.

This SP is PURE entertainment....such joy... and that double axel!!!!!!

Her spirals are even more stunning than say Sasha who was magnificent...I dont know why but Nicole's has even more presence!!!
I do member that skate, too. It truly was captivating.. A pure talent and charisma. Unfortunately, truly talented ones usually need someone who is able to give them, as to say, a background; who helps to keep them grounded "on earth"... hard workers and with an average talent most of the time go further than talented ones...

Last edited:

Marco

I have to say Bradie’s withdrawal is a little concerning to me. I know that things change around, but this is her third withdrawal (Peggy Fleming, cranberry, now this). Hoping it’s just that her programs needed adjustment and not an injury.
Isn't she still coached by Tom? When was the last time Tom cared about programs being ready before throwing them out?! But given his history of forcing his students to compete while injured, I am guessing Bradie's issues might be more serious than their team would let the public know.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Or maybe she's waiting until she has a triple axle to compete?

layman

Mia got a lot of carrots in the SP in Kosice and is in 10th place. I just saw the protocols and have not yet seen the actual performance.

Here it is:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Juniors have to do the 3f, right? Her lutz and flip look an awful lot alike :(

Sylvia

TBD
Trivia that I've posted before on FSU: Ava Ziegler's mom, one of her 3 listed coaches, competed at 3 U.S. Nationals in Senior as Patricia (Tricia) Mansfield - 1994, 5th in 1995 & 2002 at the age of 28.

Ava skated very well yesterday and is in 6th after the SP in Kosice (60.03):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information