2021/2022 Canadian Ladies: News and Updates

screech

I'd always assumed that the heavy makeup was just her competition look. But a few years ago I walked past her in a mall and the makeup was the same.

That said, as heavy as it is, she's pretty talented at applying it. I wish I could do my own makeup half that well.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Does anyone know if Cotop is still skating? From her instagram she's not in Edmonton anymore and is attending York University.

Sylvia

TBD
PATINAGE QUEBEC has published the women who have met their 2021-22 criteria as of June 23 on their website here: https://patinage.qc.ca/developpement/

Équipe Excellence (1):
Alicia Pineault / Senior / Stéphane Yvars (coach)

Équipe A (3):
Véronik Mallet / Senior / Bruno Marcotte
Sara-Maude Dupuis / Junior / Stéphane Yvars
Michelle Rivest / Senior / Janic Leblanc

Équipe NextGen (4):
Audréanne Foster / Junior / Karen Sauvageau
Justine Miclette / Junior / Stéphanie Fiorito
Rose Théroux / Junior / Marc-André Craig
Fée Ann Landry / Junior / Guylaine Blouin

(There also are links to Équipe recrues & Équipe B.)

Colonel Green

Next week the NextGen camp will be having a simulation, and they've put up the start orders:

Fiona Bombardier
Lia Pereira
Catherine Carle
Audréanne Foster
Natasha Hewitt
Sara-Maude Dupuis
Rose Théroux
Justine Miclette
Fée Ann Landry
Caitlyn Kukulowicz
Natalie Roccatani
Melody Zhu
Michelle Deng
Kaiya Ruiter
Emma Szeto

danafan

Canadian ladies über
There are a lot of events on the calendar. I hope women will get sent to most of them. I assume Ruiter will get one of the later senior events to get the tech minimums.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Apologies if this was covered somewhere- is Nationals 2022 going back up to 18 skaters per field in the singles, or has any criteria been published regarding qualifying? A quick perusal of their site didn't help me...

SkaterDadz

No word either way.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Oh I really liked that, the program really suits her, good score too!

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
2021 Summer CAN SR LADIES FS/TOTAL

Gabrielle Daleman 122/178
Madeline Schizas 113/173
Emily Bausback 109/172
Camille Perreault 97/146
Veronik Mallet 94/146
Alison Schumacher 89/142
Beatrice Lavoie-Leonard 90/140
Kim Deguise-Leveillee 91/136
Leah Lee 92/136
Maelle Denke 92/133
Michelle Long 83/131
Laurence Berube 79/131

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Wow I had forgotten how well Daleman scored at Quebec Summer Skate. Should be an interesting season. With only one Olympic spot I hope Skate Canada is generous with the international assignments so we can see how they all compare internationally.

Colonel Green

Wow I had forgotten how well Daleman scored at Quebec Summer Skate. Should be an interesting season. With only one Olympic spot I hope Skate Canada is generous with the international assignments so we can see how they all compare internationally.
If we're comparing the two performances (or what we could see of Maddie's, at least), she would have decisively beaten Gabrielle's if they had the same judging panel.

wickedwitch

If we're comparing the two performances (or what we could see of Maddie's, at least), she would have decisively beaten Gabrielle's if they had the same judging panel.
Agreed. I thought the Cranberry Cup panel was strict (although not unduly so).

Does anyone have any updates on Kaiya Ruiter?

euterpe

The Quebec competition was intramural, and the judging panel all Canadian. Since Gabby was the only skater in the lineup with significant international success in the past, you could expect her to receive high scores.

The Cranberry Cup was international with a number of top skaters, and an international judging panel.

The marks are not comparable.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
The Quebec competition was intramural, and the judging panel all Canadian. Since Gabby was the only skater in the lineup with significant international success in the past, you could expect her to receive high scores.

The Cranberry Cup was international with a number of top skaters, and an international judging panel.

The marks are not comparable.
Agreed, having watched both Maddie was scored lower. But would love to see Gabby & Maddie head to head .

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Agreed, having watched both Maddie was scored lower. But would love to see Gabby & Maddie head to head .
Yes I'd love to see that too. I hope Skate Canada will assign them to the same senior B!

euterpe

I don't think that's a good idea. Gabby is on an upward trajectory with her skating, and losing a head-to-head with Maddie before Nationals might deal her confidence a huge blow.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
I actually think its possible the skaters themselves aren't as concerned about head to head matchups as we fans are. A successful and well-scoring skate should be fine for confidence building regardless of placement. I'm all about keeping athletes' mental wellness in mind, but there is a such a thing as going too far, and IMO shifting assignments around to avoid the potential of a confidence blow is going way too far. There's way too many other things to consider when giving assignments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information