Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

What an interesting family! Mr. Markle enters the stage again.

Is there a US- law that vests a right in grandparents to see their grandchildren?
And notice, that he mentions the babygirl more often than Archie. I guess, if he manages to shoot a photo of her he can sell it to the media for a decent price, since it would be the first one.

Husky

Interesting. I thought this is only possible if there is evidence for lack of parenting skills/negligence.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Interesting. I thought this is only possible if there is evidence for lack of parenting skills/negligence.
I think I wasn't clear. CA allows grandparents to petition the courts for visitation rights. But there are criteria that has to be met for them to be granted. And this situation doesn't meet any of the criteria as far as I can tell.

You can read more about it here:

So from that, they never do it when the parents are still married (unless they are one of the listed exceptions) and both agree that the grandparent(s) shouldn't have visitation. Which is the situation here. Also, the judge is looking to see if the kids have an existing relationship with the grandparent(s) that is being disrupted. Again, not the situation here.

Btw, I don't actually believe that Markel will sue for visitation. I think he's just mouthing off again as he has numerous times.

Husky

DailyMail says there are 4 books planned, written by Harry and/or Meghan, including one by Harry to be published after the Queen's death. Ugh, I don't care much about its content, I am not even a fan of the Queen but I don't like if someone talks about some other person's death, esp. if this person can follow the discussion. I wonder if she reads the newspapers herself or if some secretary just presents tidbits of them, as it is usually done to high-ranked politicians. Then again, this is DailyFail and who knows if the story is true.

Last edited:

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I know, I just think they might be being a bit more careful after losing the last court case!

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
A bit of semantics at play I suspect based on various things floating around the internet. Where you have reps for the Sussex's stating no book is in the works or being held back for release upon the Queens death.
But that doesn't mean that there isn't a four book deal and that when deadlines were brought up Harry wouldn't commit to a deadline for his next book until after his grandmother has passed.

Tabloids make up shit all the time and it's entirely possible that is the case here.

I just think it's also possible it's true but when presented by tabloid reporters as "Harry is writing a secret tell all book which won't be released until granny dies" you can also credibly deny that.

I mean their spokesperson Omid Scobie denies the above sensational headline but he doesn't deny there is a four book deal....

canbelto

I don't believe a 4 book deal because that's not the way publishers work. Harry isn't an established writer. Publishers would have to advance money for four books. It's likely that the deal is actually that they will see how Book #1 sells before scheduling any more books.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I don't believe a 4 book deal because that's not the way publishers work. Harry isn't an established writer. Publishers would have to advance money for four books. It's likely that the deal is actually that they will see how Book #1 sells before scheduling any more books.
Yes. Much like a singer that gets signed and the $500M deal is contingent on the first album's success. There won't be $500M and ten albums if the first doesn't do well.

skategal

Bunny mama
Yes I’m sure the potential 4 book deal is contingent upon the other books selling well.

mjb52

You guys know Harry won't really be writing the book himself most likely right? I don't know much about how the ghostwriting process works but I would be pretty astonished if he wasn't going to be working with one.

canbelto

You guys know Harry won't really be writing the book himself most likely right? I don't know much about how the ghostwriting process works but I would be pretty astonished if he wasn't going to be working with one.

Ghostwriter or not the contract is likely contingent on how well Book #1 sells. There won't be another book if the first doesn't sell up to expectations.

ballettmaus

^Would they even be able to fill four books at this point? Sure, especially Harry has been through a lot, but four books? They're not that old and there's a lot of life left to live for them.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
^Would they even be able to fill four books at this point? Sure, especially Harry has been through a lot, but four books? They're not that old and there's a lot of life left to live for them.
It depends on what the other books are. Maybe he wants to write a children's book or a fiction book. Or a self-help book that isn't a memoir. Unless they say, it's impossible to know at this point.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
They could also write abook about how to do good in the world, opportunities for philanthropy and volunteering.

The books don't have to be doorstops: Eats, Shoots & Leaves, for example, which sold a few copies, is a 200-page, small footprint hardback book with wide margins, with fewer words/page than most of the paperbacks I own.

cygnus

Is be astonished if anyone in the Royal Family, except the spouses who marry in, could cohesively write more than 4 paragraphs in a row…. :shuffle: :saint:
I happen to own one of Prince Charles's exam papers, from when he was in the Navy.:sekret: (really!). It's technical, but he can write quite well. He does have a university degree, (Trinity, Cambridge) after all, as does William (St Andrew's). So do Beatrice (U of London), Eugenie (Newcastle), and Edward Wessex (Jesus College, Oxford). And Richard Duke of Gloucester has an Architecture degree from Magdalene, Cambridge. I'm sure there are others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information