4th annual Peggy Fleming Trophy - 2021 virtual edition

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Wow! I really enjoyed Alysa and while I agree that the music edits could’ve been better, I’m happy to hear some Tchaikovsky!
Alysa has improved so much. I'm so happy for her! Did anyone else notice her new (triple?) Axel entry? It is nearly identical to Kostornaia's 3axel entrance. Good for her. I now DEMAND that Alysa be the American sent to Nebelhorn. I have the most confidence in her to hold it together and perform to get that third spot. Go TeamAlysa! lol

Jammers

Alysa has improved so much. I'm so happy for her! Did anyone else notice her new (triple?) Axel entry? It is nearly identical to Kostornaia's 3axel entrance. Good for her. I now DEMAND that Alysa be the American sent to Nebelhorn. I have the most confidence in her to hold it together and perform to get that third spot. Go TeamAlysa! lol
Yeah i can't see anyone else being sent to Nebelhorn. I'm not sure what the competition will be like but she probably could just do triples and no quads or triple axel and still finish at least in the top 3 if not win.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Yeah i can't see anyone else being sent to Nebelhorn. I'm not sure what the competition will be like but she probably could just do triples and no quads or triple axel and still finish at least in the top 3 if not win.
That's what I'm thinking too, that she won't even need a 3axel or 4lutz for this competition. She's totally solid on her triples, has gorgeous spins, presentation, and now skates with increased speed. Mariah and Amber are too inconsistent. USFS better go with the consistency. Plus, it will start the uphill PCS climb right out of the gate. It will be interesting to see her PCS climb this entire season. I can see her scoring less than Tuktmysheva in PCS at SkCan for instance, but by GPF if both make it I see Alysa passing her (as she should have from the start). This is practically a no-brainer. Send Alysa. Let her earn "her" spot on the team, and let the rest fight for the other two spots.

Alexa

I haven't watched everyone yet but this was fun to watch. I thought Alysa, Karen and Isabeau were all lovely and Camden and Tomoki were really fun! It was nice to see Andrew again too though I noticed Raf was not listed as one of his coaches. Hopefully next year it won't have to be virtual again, although I suppose more can enter when it is virtual.
Andrew just participated in an event Nathan helped to organize to get some homeless kids in Orange County on ice, together with other team Raf skaters. So he should be still with Raf. Here is the video of the event. You would find a very happy Andrew with his team Raf friends.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
As much as I love Starr ⭐️ and what she represents, I no longer see how anyone but Alysa represents the USA at Nebelhorn. In a way, Alysa will be fighting for HER spot at Olympics 2022, even though she’ll be fighting for a 3rd US Women’s spot...to be decided by USFS after Nationals. Would that spot be any safer with Mariah or Amber at Nebelhorn?

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
As much as I love Starr ⭐️ and what she represents, I no longer see how anyone but Alysa represents the USA at Nebelhorn. In a way, Alysa will be fighting for HER spot at Olympics 2022, even though she’ll be fighting for a 3rd US Women’s spot...to be decided by USFS after Nationals. Would that spot be any safer with Mariah or Amber at Nebelhorn?
It has to be Alysa. Mariah? She's on the 2 to 6 year "Rafael Plan" for her jumps to get consistent, and I don't see that happening ever. Amber? She's been so erratic. I want Amber to get the third Olympic spot, but for Nebelhorn the US should definitely send Alysa. Alysa won't even need a 3axel to win IMO. And Alysa can start early building up her PCS.

angi

While I think Alysa improved tremendously and shows a lot of potential, I don't really get the "it must be Alysa at Nebelhorn!" claims considering we haven't seen Mariah skate since US Championships. Yes, Alysa looks good and improved but she has way less experience in such high-stakes events. I hope USFS will evaluate both in an identical scenery and judge according to the results.
As for Alysa not needing the 3A to win, I agree but I also think that judging by the speed going into the 2A and its height here, it at least looks like she still has a way to go until she gains the 3A back consistently.

sjs5572

While I think Alysa improved tremendously and shows a lot of potential, I don't really get the "it must be Alysa at Nebelhorn!" claims considering we haven't seen Mariah skate since US Championships. Yes, Alysa looks good and improved but she has way less experience in such high-stakes events. I hope USFS will evaluate both in an identical scenery and judge according to the results.
As for Alysa not needing the 3A to win, I agree but I also think that judging by the speed going into the 2A and its height here, it at least looks like she still has a way to go until she gains the 3A back consistently.
This is from a few weeks ago. I love Mariah, but she's not ready at this point in season.

Sylvia

TBD
This is from a few weeks ago. I love Mariah, but she's not ready at this point in season.
To be fair, this is an exhibition performance by Mariah. I've heard unofficially that USFS is using Cranberry Cup to decide which U.S. woman to send to Nebelhorn, which I think is a very good idea.

Article about this year's PFT with quotes from the top 3 (eta that Alysa's music has since been corrected):

ETA: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...or_Signature_Move_and_Creative_Spin.pdf?id=97
Non-podiums skaters (placing fourth and lower) who received a +4 or +5 Grade of Execution by a majority of the seven judges on their “signature move” and/or “creative spin” received a $100 award for each of these elements as a special acknowledgement.
Signature Move - Entrants awarded $100:
1. Tomoki Hiwatashi
2. Emmanuel Savary
3. Sonja Hilmer
4. Sierra Venetta

Last edited:

angi

I think it's comparing apples to oranges, it's not a competition, she didn't go for a combo and it's from a month and a half ago (though the 2A was wonky for sure). USFS should have them and Amber do the same event, at the same time with the same judging panel and ask them to perform both the SP and FS and decide by how they'll perform there. Choosing who goes to Nebelhorn will always be risky but it should also be fair.

sjs5572

To be fair, this is an exhibition performance by Mariah. I've heard unofficially that USFS is using Cranberry Cup to decide which U.S. woman to send to Nebelhorn, which I think is a very good idea.

Article about this year's PFT with quotes from the top 3 (disregard Alysa's incorrectly listed Tchaikovsky music):

ETA: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/...or_Signature_Move_and_Creative_Spin.pdf?id=97
Sylvia, are Amber and Mariah entered into Cranberry? If so, it's going to be a heck of a competition, with Bradie and Gracie as well!

sjs5572

I think it's comparing apples to oranges, it's not a competition, she didn't go for a combo and it's from a month and a half ago (though the 2A was wonky for sure). USFS should have them and Amber do the same event, at the same time with the same judging panel and ask them to perform both the SP and FS and decide by how they'll perform there. Choosing who goes to Nebelhorn will always be risky but it should also be fair.
I have no problem with that. I think it's a great idea. The most important aspect of Nebelhorn is that whoever is sent stays clear of the virus. With Delta, we may need to send Alysa, Mariah and Amber to Germany, each on separate planes.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I was shocked to see Alysa flying around the rink. I was watching on my phone so I could not see well. Whatever she has been doing is certainly working. Her edges were glorious. So much more flexibility. WOW.

Why is Gracie competing? Really. It has to be utterly brutal to her self esteem, to say nothing about cringeworthy to watch. Is she skating superbly in practice? She has been through so much.

Sylvia

TBD

sjs5572

I was shocked to see Alysa flying around the rink. I was watching on my phone so I could not see well. Whatever she has been doing is certainly working. Her edges were glorious. So much more flexibility. WOW.

Why is Gracie competing? Really. It has to be utterly brutal to her self esteem, to say nothing about cringeworthy to watch. Is she skating superbly in practice? She has been through so much.
I heard that Gracie's training was going great in Switzerland. I assume, she is still having issues with competition nerves.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I want to reiterate that the US should really send an alternate to Nebelhorn in addition to whoever they pick. With the crud, anything can happen.

feraina

I want to reiterate that the US should really send an alternate to Nebelhorn in addition to whoever they pick. With the crud, anything can happen.
Definitely. So many Olympic athletes are withdrawing left and right with no replacements. It’s very worrying. I think Covid will be with us for a long long time. Just hope more people get vaccinated before the Winter Olympics.

skateboy

Definitely. So many Olympic athletes are withdrawing left and right with no replacements. It’s very worrying. I think ********* will be with us for a long long time. Just hope more people get vaccinated before the Winter Olympics.
I haven't been paying attention... do we know whether or not our elite skaters have been vaccinated?

sk9tingfan

Isabeau Levito's program posted on Youtube:

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I have no problem with that. I think it's a great idea. The most important aspect of Nebelhorn is that whoever is sent stays clear of the *****. With Delta, we may need to send Alysa, Mariah and Amber to Germany, each on separate planes.
I posted that somewhere and I was laughed at. Seriously, separate planes, separate living conditions for all three!!!

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Isabeau Levito's program posted on Youtube:

Wow just amazing, talk about a future ahead of her

At first she reminded me of a slightly taller version of Alisa Liu in her first year, then she kind of reminded me of Oksana Baiul and then I saw bits and pieces of Shizuka.

How exciting to watch her skate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information