Gymnastic news #22 - Tokyo or bust

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveRinger

I can’t believe that they just cut the live coverage off and made us change channels without waiting for a commercial. Ridiculous....and they cut in the middle of commentary reviewing Simone’s FX. Wow....

ETA: Upset that they cut the coverage off...surprised that they cut it off during Simone’s performance. Back to NBC.

canbelto

OMG. What is going on with Simone’s eye makeup? Why would you intentionally make your eyes look like they have lines around them?

It's a bit of a vestige of the Karolyi days when Marta thought harsh eye makeup and a million crystals on their leos meant they looked "fierce."

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I can’t believe that they just cut the live coverage off and made us change channels without waiting for a commercial. Ridiculous....and they cut in the middle of commentary reviewing Simone’s FX. Wow....

ETA: Upset that they cut the coverage off...surprised that they cut it off during Simone’s performance. Back to NBC.
I am really upset. I tried NBC after they cut off women's gymnastics (to make room for Shark Tank!) and that channel is showing a hospital program on ED! Then I tried NBCSN. They are showing Hockey as scheduled. Why must women's sports get the lowest priority? This is for the national championship, for heaven's sake!

sk9tingfan

I am really upset. I tried NBC after they cut off women's gymnastics (to make room for Shark Tank!) and that channel is showing a hospital program on ED! Then I tried NBCSN. They are showing Hockey as scheduled. Why must women's sports get the lowest priorit? This is for the national championshi, for heaven's sake!
Back on NBC.

Carolla5501

Since the rest of us were watching women’s golf that went over before gymnastics I don’t think that women sports come second everywhere except maybe where are you are and maybe your complaint with your local NBC station. Shark Tank isn’t even an option where I am

I am really upset. I tried NBC after they cut off women's gymnastics (to make room for Shark Tank!) and that channel is showing a hospital program on ED! Then I tried NBCSN. They are showing Hockey as scheduled. Why must women's sports get the lowest priority? This is for the national championship, for heaven's sake!

FiveRinger

Since the rest of us were watching women’s golf that went over before gymnastics I don’t think that women sports come second everywhere except maybe where are you are and maybe your complaint with your local NBC station. Shark Tank isn’t even an option where I am
I think Vash was referring to Shark Tank on CNBC

Karina1974

If you tuned in to NBC right at 7:00 they even said gym was starting on CNBC due to golf running overtime.

Karina1974

Exactly. I've dealt with the frustration of tuning in for gym competitions in the past only to find they've been preempted by my local NBC affiliate for ACC football.

ilovepaydays

In other news, a woman just shaved her pubic hair on a commercial. Venus, for pubic hair and skin. I am dying.

Well, they must have decided that the Prevagen ads weren’t tacky enough. I didn’t realize until now that it is OTC, not prescription. American drug ads are so weird.

I haven’t seen Morgan yet......she’s doing beam and floor tonight, correct?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
In love with Leanne Wong's floor routine, that is the BEST choreo/artistry program for any american gymnast since Nastia 2008
Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought it was great choreo/artistry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information