Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Don’t celebrate your victory yet. I would give it a few weeks to see whether Pluschenko decides to share his side of the story, and ‘accidentally’ let it slip that Kostornaya was a nightmare because......(lots of reasons how hard it was to coach her).
Also I have by now found several articles where Plushenko and Rudkovskaya subtly trash Alena.
Rudkovskaya says she's "relieved" Alena is gone, adds that "it's impossible to train (full-time) and heal at the same time", "Alena didn't want to take a break to heal, although we encouraged her" etc. To me, she makes it sound like Alena repeatedly disobeyed her coaches and questioned their decisions. (source: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...y-u-nas-s-evgeniem-nekoe-oblegchenie-1763826/ )

Plushenko also said that he "doesn't need flowers" from Kostornaia and that her stunt with him was "a lesson for the whole academy" and that from now on he will only take responsibility for the skaters he coaches personally and will introduce "documents" (I think he means something like contracts) which will state clearly which "rights and duties" his skaters have. He is looking forward to accepting new skaters to fill her place and doesn't see a "tragedy". He even said that Alena "would commit a sin if she complained about anything" because he and his family did so much for her. (source: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...KfYuObJzxWIej3KUJ3Jcj6BDy1GVSidNoej7LnHOx4ico )

hanca

Values her privacy
I don't think Eteri would ever accept him back into her squad.
I didn’t mean him going back to Eteri, I meant him persuading Usacheva or Khromykh that they want to become P’s angels. I know it sounds unlikely, but is it really more unlikely than last season Trusova and Kostornaya switching?

Tinami Amori

I also wonder what will become of Hot Sergei now. By running over to AoP and luring some of Eteri's most promising skaters there, only to lose them over a couple of months is not exactly good work.
I think few choices...
  • the most likely one is he'll stay with Pluschenko as in "nothing happen" and continue to train his group of younger students he had recently accumulated.
  • another one - maybe Trusova will return to using his expertise (very maybe :) )
  • imo - the least likely outcome is him returning to Khrystanlniy.
  • i guess he'll just be as any other coach at Plushy's..... teaching who he is given to teach, but not star students.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I didn’t mean him going back to Eteri, I meant him persuading Usacheva or Khromykh that they want to become P’s angels. I know it sounds unlikely, but is it really more unlikely than last season Trusova and Kostornaya switching?
Well, they've seen how it worked out for their old training mate Alena and I highly doubt they want to go through the same process.

hanca

Values her privacy
Also I have by now found several articles where Plushenko and Rudkovskaya subtly trash Alena.
Rudkovskaya says she's "relieved" Alena is gone, adds that "it's impossible to train (full-time) and heal at the same time", "Alena didn't want to take a break to heal, although we encouraged her" etc. To me, she makes it sound like Alena repeatedly disobeyed her coaches and questioned their decisions. (source: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...y-u-nas-s-evgeniem-nekoe-oblegchenie-1763826/ )

Plushenko also said that he "doesn't need flowers" from Kostornaia and that her stunt with him was "a lesson for the whole academy" and that from now on he will only take responsibility for the skaters he coaches personally and will introduce "documents" (I think he means something like contracts) which will state clearly which "rights and duties" his skaters have. He is looking forward to accepting new skaters to fill her place and doesn't see a "tragedy". He even said that Alena "has no right to complain about anything" because he and his family did so much for her. (source: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...KfYuObJzxWIej3KUJ3Jcj6BDy1GVSidNoej7LnHOx4ico )
Come on, Pluschenko, don’t be shy. Try harder. You know that shared pain is a half pain. Don’t hold it all in; it is not healthy.

hanca

Values her privacy
Well, they've seen how it worked out for their old training mate Alena and I highly doubt they want to go through the same process.
You could say that Kostornaya could have seen how it worked out for Sakhanovich and Tarakanova, to leave Tutberidze and to go to Pluschenko. And yet she went too. (Even if Tarakanova and Sakhanovich didn’t go directly from Tutberidze to Pluschenko.)

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Maybe Plush and Rudkovskaya are indeed relieved and happy that Kostornaia is no longer their business?
Plush also said that he was against changing both programs that late into the season and that Alena went on with it anyway.

I have a strong feeling that Kostornaia really was a pain in the ass and a know-it-all and that her coaches had conflicts with her.

Tinami Amori

Maybe Plush and Rudkovskaya are indeed relieved and happy that Kostornaia is no longer their business?
Plush also said that he was against changing both programs that late into the season and that Alena went on with it anyway.

I have a strong feeling that Kostornaia really was a pain in the ass and a know-it-all and that her coaches had conflicts with her.
I believe it too, just like i believed that Tarakanova threw tantrums when she had disappointing practice issues (since Panova, Tutberidze and others experienced the same with her), but it does not mean that Pluschenko chose the right time and! the right form to say it.

Last edited:

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I just found this article on reddit: https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sport..._u_Plushhenko_i_ispytyvala_problemy_s_nervami

Here's a summary from a reddit-poster:

An intern source from AOP: Kostornaya disrupted Plushenko's training and had nerve problems.​

renderTimingPixel.png

There are details of the stay of European champion Alena Kostorna at the Plushchenko Angels Academy.
We would like to remind you that the day before there was information about the possible departure of the figure skater from the group Eugenia Plushenko and her return to coach Eteri Tutberidze.
According to Telesport, Kostornaya had back problems, which she had at the training camp with Eteri Tutberidze's group. In addition, the figure skater has leg problems, namely a stress fracture.
  • She was given the opportunity to choose a convenient time for ice training on her own - only Alexandra Trusova, who has unconditional status of the first star at the Academy, has similar preferences. Sasha takes full advantage of his position - takes additional classes, comes to the rink in advance to practice sliding. Alyona showed less enthusiasm in this regard - she did not always train at full capacity, and not only for objective reasons. Already after moving the school to a new skating rink in Gorki-10, there were cases of direct disruption of the training process - Alyona could "book" a certain ice clock and not come to classes. At the same time, Plushenko continued to support the figure skater and even offered her to miss the current season completely to fully restore her health, which he was refused, - says the source. It is noted that by the final of the Cup of Russia "against all that happened, the figure skater began to lose her nerves".
  • Kostornaya's preparation for the Cup final was difficult - in the last two weeks her behavior has changed, she has become much more impulsive and sharp. At official training sessions at Megasport, Alyona practically did not restrain herself - she cried after failures, was irritated that the coaches did not allow her to try the jump (perhaps we are talking about a triple axel, which she has not been able to restore so far) and was close to hysteria, - the source says. 17-year-old Kostornaya moved from Tutberidze to Yevgeny Plushchenko's group in the summer of 2020. With the new coach, the sportswoman won silver at the Grand Prix stage in Moscow and one of the stages of the Cup of Russia. In the final of the Cup of Russia, she showed the 6th result and could not qualify for the March World Cup in Sweden, remaining in the reserve of the national team.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Scott512

Don’t celebrate your victory yet. I would give it a few weeks to see whether Pluschenko decides to share his side of the story, and ‘accidentally’ let it slip that Kostornaya was a nightmare because......(lots of reasons how hard it was to coach her).
Oh I want that victory and Plushy was very nice today with his latest comments about Alyona.

I don't think Plushy will come back and trash her in a couple weeks. He wants more elite skaters in there and if he trashes skaters as they leave that will scare some people off.

Last edited:

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Sounds to me that AK’s unspecified “health issues” to which Rudkovskaya (Mrs Plush) referred in her communique may not all be physical but also mental. If correct, let’s hope that AK gets professional psychological help.

Sorry to disappoint, but the post above yours mentions back problems and a stress fracture in her leg.

I find it hard to believe that the coaches would tolerate a 17 year old skater simply not showing up for practice. They themselves wanted her to rest and recover. If she was unhealthy enough to warrant that, it only makes sense that she would not be able to practice on a regular schedule. They can't have it both ways.

AK - switch countries and don't look back.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Sorry to disappoint, but the post above yours mentions back problems and a stress fracture in her leg.

I find it hard to believe that the coaches would tolerate a 17 year old skater simply not showing up for practice. They themselves wanted her to rest and recover. If she was unhealthy enough to warrant that, it only makes sense that she would not be able to practice on a regular schedule. They can't have it both ways.

:lol: and the Russian federation will say, sure, no problem.

mackiecat

Plush has only been coaching for a few years. If you look at the little ones that he has had from the start, he seems to be doing well.
it is sad that a skater leaves a coach who was trying to protect her health.

Maximillian

RIP TA

Uh, there's a difference between taking time off and not showing up for things you've scheduled. One is called self-care the other is called being irresponsible. I say this as a fan of Aliona, too...

Bigbird

Uh, there's a difference between taking time off and not showing up for things you've scheduled. One is called self-care the other is called being irresponsible. I say this as a fan of Aliona, too...
Condidering that she looked so stiff on the ice and we've known of her injuries for sometime, I'd be be hesistant to call her irresponsible.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!

But with a soft tissue injury (guessing) like a bad back, some days training might be possible and some days they aren't. Especially when your negligent coach is letting the 17 year old 'manage it' by their own admission.

anonymoose_au

Come on, Pluschenko, don’t be shy. Try harder. You know that shared pain is a half pain. Don’t hold it all in; it is not healthy.
Why would you even joke about that?

You know if he does the figure skating fandom will tear him to utter shreds. There's fans out there who lose their minds over him chewing gum for God's sake. Bad-mouthing Aliona? I'm praying that he doesn't.

Because you know who else is a human being? Plushenko. I don't know why everyone's so gung-ho about seeing him go down in flames. It's pretty messed up if you ask me. Get a real hobby.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

You know if he does the figure skating fandom will tear him to utter shreds. There's fans out there who lose their minds over him chewing gum for God's sake. Bad-mouthing Aliona? I'm praying that he doesn't.

Because you know who else is a human being? Plushenko. I don't know why everyone's so gung-ho about seeing him go down in flames. It's pretty messed up if you ask me. Get a real hobby.
Is Eteri included in this? Is that nasty Anna included in this after she almost ruined your precious Plushenko's students career? Or are you telling people to get a real hobby because it only pertains to what bothers you?

hanca

Values her privacy

I think if you are unwell, that’s a different matter, but if you book some lessons and then just don’t turn up, then you actually prevented someone else taking the slot and you wasted it. The fact that they she gets training free because she is on the national team doesn’t mean that any coach wants to waste the valuable resources. There is only certain amount of hours within a day and there is only some capacity at the rink or at the classes, so they have to balance the needs of all their skaters. If someone has a priority status as Kostornaya and Trusova have, they have the privilege to chose what times/how many hours they want to train, but it does not mean that the coaches should be standing at the rink waiting for a student and wondering whether the student would turn up or not and perhaps wasting an hour because they don’t have another student there. Because another skater would be so grateful for having that lesson. And it is not very respectful way to treat the coach that way.

hanca

Values her privacy

Why would I joke about that? Because it is based on past experiences of his behaviour when a student leaves him. Sakhanovich, Tarakanova... I just don’t trust his ability to keep his mouth shut. So yes, I am waiting for it to happen.

Oh, Pluschenko is a human being...touching! When he consistently behaves as a decent human being, we can discuss it further. But you are barking up the wrong tree, I don’t wait for him to go down in flames. In fact, I don’t really care neither for Pluschenko, nor for Tutberidze. They are pretty much the same to me, with their (spoiled brat tantrums) behaviour.

By the way, I do have a real hobby. Several of them, in fact. Do you?

anonymoose_au

Is Eteri included in this? Is that nasty Anna included in this after she almost ruined your precious Plushenko's students career? Or are you telling people to get a real hobby because it only pertains to what bothers you?
Difference is that about 50 people on here are ready to defend Eteri and Anna if you so much suggest they might have acted stupidly.

With Plushenko it's open season, everyone delights in ridiculing him and hoping he fails. I've never seen a person so disrespected in my life, you'd think he was an axe murderer the way people go on.

I don't know why I bother to engage with 99% of people in this fandom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information