2021 US Nationals Pairs SP: Lady McBeath Hears the Cheers of Human Cardboard

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
ok it's taking me more than thirty seconds, someone put me out of my misery, I know this music has been skated to a lot and I'm going to feel embarrassed for not recognizing it precisely

oh it's Game of Thrones?
Yes

VGThuy

I don’t get her musical interpretation at all. I think this music needs skaters who know how to Intepret music. Of course, the pairs team with the best flow and best pairs elements has to remind us that we’re watching US Nationals and fall on their SBS jumps.

Braulio

Tuning up my Body of Work
Calalang/Johnson

SBS 3salchow FALL and UR from Jessica -2.15
3twist L4 +3.00
Throw 3 Lutz +0.74
Death Spiral L4 +1.52
Combination Spin L3 +0.45
Step Sequence L4 +1.33
Lift L3 +1.76

Uninspiring today, very tentative. Brian's butt adorable as always.

beckab81

The judges went higher than I would have expected on the SBS spins and the throw, and it looks like they didn't call the UR, but the quality of their skating is sublime - I understand why they are being given the benefit of the doubt (although I would prefer equal treatment)

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

Over-scored, though I get it, they want to make it a bit close in the top
I agree, I like the program typically but she was completely disengaged IMO (much like Ashley) and off timing for most of it. Still deserving of 2nd though.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I'd say Ashley did the dumping herself today. The judges didn't need to do anything.
No argument from me today (so far) like I had at Skate America with that SP << call and then the relative holding down of PCS in the LP. Just way off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information