Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobbe

I'm probably being unfair to Anna, but I can't help thinking of Sasha, who has so far managed to escape illness. If she gets sick like Anna, Liza or Aliona did her season will end and she'll go into the Olympic one with a deficit of competitions compared to the others. This could cost her the chance to go to the Olympics.

Anna and Sasha were really happy to see each other - which was sweet - and spent lots of time together at Nats. Anna didn't even try to take precautions - a mask, distancing herself from others or anything - it annoys me she's getting nothing but praise and nuts to everyone else.

To me that speaks of immaturity, not being heroic. She wanted to skate and win, fine that's understandable, but not give a damn about anyone else's health? That's where I draw the line.
And there you go. Poor Sasha didn't win, so let's blame Anna all we can. That's what all this comes down to...

anonymoose_au

And there you go. Poor Sasha didn't win, so let's blame Anna all we can. That's what all this comes down to...
That's not it at all. I'm mereky pointing out that Anna had set a horrible example for everyone. Who cares what illness or injury you have anymore? Only losers and weaklings withdraw.

And sure it's a big happy moment when everything goes right, but when someone's bleeding all over the ice or knocked out it'll look a lot less appealing.

I'm not sure what others watch sports for, but for me wondering when someone's going to snap a bone or cough up a lung is not my idea of thrilling.

Tobbe

That's not it at all. I'm mereky pointing out that Anna had set a horrible example for everyone. Who cares what illness or injury you have anymore? Only losers and weaklings withdraw.

And sure it's a big happy moment when everything goes right, but when someone's bleeding all over the ice or knocked out it'll look a lot less appealing.

I'm not sure what others watch sports for, but for me wondering when someone's going to snap a bone or cough up a lung is not my idea of thrilling.
LOL!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

Well, we are going to circle back anyways so the ass will reply to you yet again while you avoid correcting yourself.

Not one person is talking about losers and weaklings being the only people to withdraw.

Out of all the minor injuries we've seen throughout the many years of skating, how many times have you seen people bleeding all over the ice? Guess what? They might be perfectly healthy and cut their finger open on a blade grab and bleed all over the ice. They might get a bloody nose and bleed all over their costumes. I mean damn, that just ruins the sport for me completely. And heaven forbid anyone have asthma and cough a bit in the kiss and cry.

Your continued dramatics aren't needed, and I am completely convinced that you are bitter about Anna and Eteri by extension because they aren't team Plushenko.

mjb52

Has anyone condemned Kostornaya for withdrawing? Not that I've seen. Everyone (who is reasonable) understands that people's circumstances are different.

anonymoose_au

Has anyone condemned Kostornaya for withdrawing? Not that I've seen. Everyone (who is reasonable) understands that people's circumstances are different.
Not here perhaps, but elsewhere I've seen thinly disguised sneering about Anna competing "proving" she's not a "lazy whiner".

And why haven't they condemned her is a question. If Anna is a hero and true sportswoman for not letting a silly thing like pneumonia stop her then Aliona is surely a weak embarassment for not "wanting it enough."

tony

Not here perhaps, but elsewhere I've seen thinly disguised sneering about Anna competing "proving" she's not a "lazy whiner".

And why haven't they condemned her is a question. If Anna is a hero and true sportswoman for not letting a silly thing like pneumonia stop her then Aliona is surely a weak embarassment for not "wanting it enough."
So you're dragging comments here from who knows where and throwing them at all of us? It would be helpful if you figured out who you actually disagree with rather than spewing random comments at people that you assume don't agree with you, or quoting them when they never said such things.

What you're failing to understand in your nonsense posts is that Anna felt she could skate- great for her. Alexandra felt she could skate- great for her. Liza felt she could skate- great for her. Alena didn't feel she could skate- unfortunate for her, but hopefully she gets healthy soon. YOU personally are building up these ridiculous beliefs in your head, and it's pathetic that you're trying to pass them off as logic. Then if/then statement in your post makes zero sense.

Also, broken record- but there are plenty of people bitching about Anna on FSU. That's why this thread kept circling back to the same thing until you came in and claimed a bunch of BS 'Anna could've ruined Trusova's Olympic chances! How dare she!!'

Last edited:

mjb52

I wish people wouldn't bring things here that have been google translated and god knows what else. I read it too, I just think it should be left there, not spread all about (especially on twitter, lord).

Shcherbakova got sick earlier and was much more recovered, it's that simple. The Svinin/Zhuk teams competing didn't reflect on S/K because they were on a different timeline. Some of the men competing didn't reflect on Aliev because they were also on a different timeline (although now that I think of it we haven't heard as much about the singles men and cv that I remember, guess they are busy playing video games :saint:). No one is mad Danielyan didn't take injections and force himself to compete on his ankle. Hopefully all these skaters will have a very healthy very productive new year and we will be able to see a great Worlds. If it's half as full of (the good kind of) drama and excitement and great performances as Russian Nationals, I will personally count myself extremely lucky.

ETA: I just realized the quote I posted in the "other" Russian thread is google translated and comes from that exact site 🙃... well I did think it was funny and pretty harmless but it made me laugh at myself when I remembered.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I wish people wouldn't bring things here that have been google translated and god knows what else. I read it too, I just think it should be left there, not spread all about (especially on twitter, lord).

Shcherbakova got sick earlier and was much more recovered, it's that simple. The Svinin/Zhuk teams competing didn't reflect on S/K because they were on a different timeline. Some of the men competing didn't reflect on Aliev because they were also on a different timeline (although now that I think of it we haven't heard as much about the singles men and cv that I remember, guess they are busy playing video games :saint:). No one is mad Danielyan didn't take injections and force himself to compete on his ankle. Hopefully all these skaters will have a very healthy very productive new year and we will be able to see a great Worlds. If it's half as full of (the good kind of) drama and excitement and great performances as Russian Nationals, I will personally count myself extremely lucky.
His ankle was not a potentially deadly contagious disease

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
For whoever asked in a post above (sorry, cannot find it again): Orthodox Christmas is next Thursday, January 7. All of Russia is basically in “holiday mode” and everyone’s on vacation. Since Christmas falls on a Thursday this year, things won’t get rolling until the end of the long weekend - Monday, January 11.

Here in the USA, watching Russian TV channels (incl our dear Russia 1), all of the regular programming shuts down...lots of wonderful old movies abound, with an occasional newscast (“Vesti”) thrown in!

By the way, I don’t know about y’all, but I’ve derived the greatest joy from re-watching the recent Russian Natl Ladies Finals...that free program of Anna Scherbakova is pure genius, the way that it builds up. I’m totally in love with her music, especially the last two minutes. Brava!

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Tuktamysheva, video interview. comment re skating. She plans to participate in competition that is to supposedly be held in early Feb., before Russian Cup Finals. She plans to add a quad to her FS if she regains it. She is not sure she can return to shape to do two 3As and a quad in one month (from early Jan to early Feb), but she'll see how it goes.

Shcherbakova, feels just fine, no traces of difficulties from the RN. She is still partying with her family/sister/friend.

Tursynvaeva is still practicing some kind of programme at an open public stadium rink.

mjb52

My favorite Shcherbakova moment was in the post free program press conference when they asked who she wanted to dedicate her victory to and she was like "Can I just keep it for myself?" Then she said "Just kidding" but you know she sort of wasn't. I think people underestimate her competitive fire despite her successes because of her rather gentle appearance but they shouldn't... and yet I bet she will still somehow be a bit under the radar going into Worlds, it's sort of fascinating.

jlai

Question everything
Out of all the minor injuries we've seen throughout the many years of skating, how many times have you seen people bleeding all over the ice? Guess what?
The first thing that I remember is that nasty incident in 2015 Cup of China, yikes. Talk about two crazy boys. And it is not as if a world spot was on the line or anything.

tony

The first thing that I remember is that nasty incident in 2015 Cup of China, yikes. Talk about two crazy boys. And it is not as if a world spot was on the line or anything.
That was a rare extreme warm-up incident, but it's not like collisions haven't happened before. In said poster's fantasy world, she's trying to make it seem like this is a common occurrence and then whines about how it ruins her personal enjoyment. Every sport has some kind of risk- gymnasts attempt big elements in warm-ups or even during their routines and sometimes slam into the mats head first or sprawled out as they come down. And then they typically get up and keep going. I get it, the ice surface can be considered different. But all sports have some kind of risk involved and skaters can simply get injured by picking in wrong and landing weird amongst a multitude of other things.

If that poster is always worried about this supposed blood or vomit, perhaps she'd rather watch a chess match or the spelling bee.

Scott512

I'm probably being unfair to Anna, but I can't help thinking of Sasha, who has so far managed to escape illness. If she gets sick like Anna, Liza or Aliona did her season will end and she'll go into the Olympic one with a deficit of competitions compared to the others. This could cost her the chance to go to the Olympics.

Anna and Sasha were really happy to see each other - which was sweet - and spent lots of time together at Nats. Anna didn't even try to take precautions - a mask, distancing herself from others or anything - it annoys me she's getting nothing but praise and nuts to everyone else.

To me that speaks of immaturity, not being heroic. She wanted to skate and win, fine that's understandable, but not give a damn about anyone else's health? That's where I draw the line.
You are being unfair to Anya. Though you do make some good points. I don't get is there are people that run the event from the federation. They should have made it a rule that you have to
Wear a mask a less you're on the ice. How's that? We can tell Anna from Sasha from KV and the rest. It would have been fine if they were wearing masks in the kiss and cry or the locker room or wherever.

starrynight

I think people underestimate her competitive fire despite her successes because of her rather gentle appearance but they shouldn't... and yet I bet she will still somehow be a bit under the radar going into Worlds, it's sort of fascinating.

I think this happens because Shcherbakova doesn't yet have a clear 'identity'. Trusova is the fiery sporty one, Kostornaya is the beautiful diva. Not sure what Shcherbakova will turn out to be.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
National and International judges do not think so..... ;) (Anna is a 3 time Nat. Champ and a multi GP gold winner. Jealousy is a sin).
It really makes me wonder why? She has indeed poor technique, poor skating skills and pre-rotates excessively. Her jumps do not have height nor distance. Hmmm... I feel bad for all the skaters who have very good technique and textbook technique.

Last edited:

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
The weird fandom obsession with pre-rotation has gotten so obsessive that it's hard to take pre-rotation as a concept seriously for me now in general at all. I see the term "full blade assist" and my eyes roll back into my head at this point.
It means that Anna rotates less revolutions in the air. Instead of rotating 2.75 revolutions in the air for triple lutz and triple flip - she rotates just 2.25 revolutions in the air, instead of rotating 3.75 revolutions in the air for quad lutz and quad flip - she rotates just 3.25 in the air. Her pre-rotation is really ugly - twisting and bending her body and she jumps with her back. Also her lutz edge is flat and not outside. Yet she gets more points for her excessively pre-rotated triple lutz with flat edge than Alexia Paganini who has textbook triple lutz with minimal pre-rotation.

Sylvia

TBD
One of the best things about Anna's FS performance was her step sequence after she had completed all the jumps - she was exuding joy and selling it like no tomorrow

BTW a fan shot video of her FS in 1080p was uploaded on youtube:

There are also videos of Kamila and Sasha's free programs from same channel
Thanks for the heads up on the fan cams! :)

Trusova's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOv9Y5S1kiY&t=5m25s
Valieva's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlDIfrhSYYw
Usacheva's FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QGBG2qsrJU
Valieva's SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_vnqT18A4s&t=1m45s
Maiia Khromykh's SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egW7uKv8JZI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information