Dancing with the Stars, Season 29

vgerdes

I don't think Johnny's quickstep should have gotten a perfect 30 though I'm happy for him but Justina did not deserve a high score for that rumba. I was questioning where the content was. And she didn't finish all of her arm movements which is surprising because she's so good at that. It just felt too small and careful like she's trying not to make a mistake instead of dancing with the wild abandon she had at the beginning of the season. I miss that Justina but she brought it back in her cha cha relay. That was her best dance of the night.

I have to agree that she was a lot more fun to watch earlier in the season, before the judges' comments started to mess with her head and she lost that carefree abandon. Also, IMO, she's starting to realize she might actually win this thing (i.e., never in the bottom 2) and it's making her more nervous.

NoTomorrow

I have to agree that she was a lot more fun to watch earlier in the season, before the judges' comments started to mess with her head and she lost that carefree abandon. Also, IMO, she's starting to realize she might actually win this thing (i.e., never in the bottom 2) and it's making her more nervous.
I think you actually make a really good point about her being nervous that I never thought about. The last two challenge dances (the relay waltz and then the cha cha dance off) she's expressed her nervousness and compared herself to the other dancer. I hope she can find her mojo again because that's what made her dances so electric even if she didn't nail the technique perfectly.

screech

Looks like it's 2 full dances this week. Round one is a 'redemption' round, hoping to improve on a style they danced previously. Round 2 is a new dance. According to Pure DWTS, the dances are:

Nelly & Daniella
Redemption dance: Paso Doble to “Run Boy Run” by Woodkid
New dance: Jive to “Jump Jive An’ Wail” by The Brian Setzer Orchestra

Justina & Sasha
Redemption dance: Tango to “El Tango de Roxanne” from “Moulin Rouge”
New dance: Contemporary to “Holding Out for a Hero” by Ella Mae Bowen and Bonnie Tyler

Skai & Alan
Redemption dance: Cha Cha to “Move Your Feet” by Junior Senior
New dance: Viennese Waltz to “Lonely” by Noah Cyrus

Johnny & Britt
Redemption dance: Salsa to “X” by Jonas Brothers featuring Karol G
New dance: Jazz to “I Lived” by One Republic

Nev & Jenna
Redemption dance: Foxtrot to “Sign of the Times” by Harry Styles
New dance: Contemporary to “If the World Was Ending” by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels

Kaitlyn & Artem
Redemption dance: Paso Doble to “Hanuman” by Rodrigo Y Gabriela
New dance: Contemporary to “Cowboy Take Me Away” by The Chicks

NoTomorrow

Looks like it's 2 full dances this week. Round one is a 'redemption' round, hoping to improve on a style they danced previously. Round 2 is a new dance. According to Pure DWTS, the dances are:

Nelly & Daniella
Redemption dance: Paso Doble to “Run Boy Run” by Woodkid
New dance: Jive to “Jump Jive An’ Wail” by The Brian Setzer Orchestra

Justina & Sasha
Redemption dance: Tango to “El Tango de Roxanne” from “Moulin Rouge”
New dance: Contemporary to “Holding Out for a Hero” by Ella Mae Bowen and Bonnie Tyler

Skai & Alan
Redemption dance: Cha Cha to “Move Your Feet” by Junior Senior
New dance: Viennese Waltz to “Lonely” by Noah Cyrus

Johnny & Britt
Redemption dance: Salsa to “X” by Jonas Brothers featuring Karol G
New dance: Jazz to “I Lived” by One Republic

Nev & Jenna
Redemption dance: Foxtrot to “Sign of the Times” by Harry Styles
New dance: Contemporary to “If the World Was Ending” by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels

Kaitlyn & Artem
Redemption dance: Paso Doble to “Hanuman” by Rodrigo Y Gabriela
New dance: Contemporary to “Cowboy Take Me Away” by The Chicks
I think Nelly will do better on his paso but I'm not sure how he'll handle all the flicks and kicks the jive requires. I can't wait for Justina's tango! That could be a really good dance for her especially to that song. I hope Sasha really brings it with the choreography. I had to think back for Skai because I thought she already did a waltz but that was a foxtrot. I think she'll get high scores for this one too. Keeping her arms in frame will help with the stiffness she's got going on. I am so nervous for Johnny with the salsa. He really struggled with the technique the first time around. I hope this one is a lot better for him. I think he's going to kill the jazz. I can't wait to see what Britt comes up with. Nev seems to have the best out of all of the couples for both of his dances and that doesn't seem quite fair to me. Then again, I can't really remember any of his dances off the top of my head so maybe this was his poorest performance. I don't know about Kaitlyn with the paso but I think she'll do really well with the contemporary. It should be a fun night as long as Johnny isn't in the bottom again. I'm praying so hard for him!

meggonzo

Banned Member
Nelly's jive is ... not good.

WTF how is that a 30?!? The performance was good, but the actual jive moves were not good.

Now I'm angry again about Donald Driver not getting a 30 for his jive on his season when he actually deserved it!

Desperado

And me thinking it was Nelly’s best dance of the season. 😂😂
Pleasantly surprised.

It did look more like a twist than a jive to my amateur eyes though...

Jubak

Well, I can truly say after watching "Strictly Come Dancing" on BBC and how technical the judges are, then coming back to watch "DWTS", I know why I haven't watched seriously all season. Tongue Slobber. I think this is the best of "anything" Carrie Ann crying. Blech. The horrible posture of Chantelle (I think that's her name) Nelly doing a jive in sneakers and missing steps like crazy then getting 10s.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I can't believe this! WTF? Nelly?? And Kaitlyn!? She's largely forgettable. Skai and Johnny should have stayed!

love skating

Clueless American
Johnny :( I knew he was doomed but am still sad. On the bright side I loved the jazz number! Yeah what were the judges thinking on Nelly's jive? I thought it wasn't good at all. I too am rooting for Nev. I thought he was the best tonight. Sorry I still find Kaitlyn so boring, but I'm worried that the Bachelor faithful will vote en masse.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
It's completely fan-based, DWTS. No wonder why ratings have slipped (and Tyra is a producer so I don't think she's leaving anytime soon). Someone really needs to dress Tyra as she has horrible taste though!

paskatefan

It's completely fan-based, DWTS. No wonder why ratings have slipped (and Tyra is a producer so I don't think she's leaving anytime soon). Someone really needs to dress Tyra as she has horrible taste though!
Tyra's dress last night wasn't as bad as the others, but the others have been truly awful!

Sorry to see Johnny & Britt eliminated, but I had a feeling it would happen eventually. :wuzrobbed

Lacey

This is not a Dancing with the Stars Dancing Contest.
It is a Dancing with the Stars Popularity Contest.
Has nothing to do with best dancing ability. Fraudulent.

You could tell--even the good judge, Derek, interrupted his assessment of the next opponent
and apologized for Johnny going off.

Tyra is tragic as a hostess. The whole show is a mess.

Never going to watch again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information