Book on Savchenko's career with Massot, Szolkowy in English

Eislauffan

Finally the the updated and expanded English version of "Ein perfektes Paar" (A Perfect Pair) has been released: The Quest for Olypmpic Glory. It covers the career of Aljona Savchenko, Bruno Massot and Robin Szolkowy from their beginnings to the Olympic stage. Not only the athletes, but also their parents and coaches talk about this unique career, the turbulences, the highs and lows. The late Jean-Francois Ballester gave a long interview to the author of the book only a few months before his untimely death. Bruno Massot wrote a chapter for the book to honor his long-time coach. Tatiana Tarasova provided the foreword. There are more than 200 photos.

For more information, see www.ifsmagazine.com

I hope you'll enjoy this book.

whiteskates

I tried to buy the ebook but the site doesn’t work properly. It is impossible to pay without filling out the box for US state. I live in Sweden and the site just won’t accept payment. Has anyone else outside the US had this problem?

anonymoose_au

I tried to buy the ebook but the site doesn’t work properly. It is impossible to pay without filling out the box for US state. I live in Sweden and the site just won’t accept payment. Has anyone else outside the US had this problem?
I just bought a copy - did you change the country from US to Sweden? I'm in Australia and I changed it to Australia and it worked for me. I've just downloaded it :)

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I finally managed to buy and download it. A shame it can't be printed though. I don't like reading on phones and computers.
Right on. We already spend our working hours on computers, so why should we spend our leisure hours on them, too? Give me real books that I can hold in my hands...real DVDs that I can put on shelves and call my own, etc.

Eislauffan

Right on. We already spend our working hours on computers, so why should we spend our leisure hours on them, too? Give me real books that I can hold in my hands...real DVDs that I can put on shelves and call my own, etc.

I hope there will be a printed version, too. I agree it is much nicer, but it is also additonal work, because it needs to be reformatted and because of all the color photos a print book will be rather expensive. We'll see.

Bonita

I love e-books! I have vision problems and find print books difficult to read.

Will put this on my Christmas list. My husband never went real store shopping even before the pandemic.

hanca

Values her privacy
Wow, I have finished the book! Very good reading. It explains a few things. I remember when Ajona decided to continue with Bruno, and then soon after they had new coaches, how everyone was criticising Aljona that she first ‘dumped Robin and then dumped their coach’. Reading the book, I have to say that it is surprising that Aljona and Robin lasted with Steuer so long. I know she had a relationship with him, but the training environment must have been really awful! Having a coach who doesn’t speak to his skaters because they didn’t skate well at the short program at a competition? WTH! Not as if they did it on purpose!

hanca

Values her privacy
@Eislauffan , didn’t you also write a book about Aljona and Robin? Is that available in English? I have only seen the German version.

Eislauffan

@Eislauffan , didn’t you also write a book about Aljona and Robin? Is that available in English? I have only seen the German version.
Yes, as stated above this new book is the updated and expanded English version of the original book on Aljona and Robin, "Ein perfektes Paar" that was published only in German. So the first part (Aljona & Robin) is the translation of the German book and then I added the new chapters on Bruno and her career with him.

hanca

Values her privacy
Yes, as stated above this new book is the updated and expanded English version of the original book on Aljona and Robin, "Ein perfektes Paar" that was published only in German. So the first part (Aljona & Robin) is the translation of the German book and then I added the new chapters on Bruno and her career with him.
Oh, sorry, I didn’t realise you meant the same book I saw somewhere. I didn’t remember its name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information