Boring Facts About You

sk9tingfan

I don’t think I’ve ever run into anyone who is famous though my father met Harry Truman in an elevator.
I lived in Manhattan and used to run into a lot of famous people. Caroline brought John Kennedy Jr., who was one of the most gorgeous people I ever saw into the gym. Joanne Woodward and I shared the same trainer, but I missed Paul Newman. I became somewhat friendly with Ed Bradley from Sixty Minutes. Kevin Kline used to steal cabs from me on Second Avenue. Others included Bianca Jagger, Jeremy Irons and Patti Lupone, Iman, Billy Jean King. Interesting place to work out.

Met Mohammad Ali in the Caracas airport when our plane blew some piece of equipment and had to turn around 5 minutes after taking off. One of his entourage came over looking for Valium because he found out that my friend and I were nurses; Ali walked over.

Also as a nurse in a large NYC hospital, I took care of a Supreme Court justice(visited by Senator Ted Kennedy) as well as a famous author who was visited by Kurt Vonnegut(nasty and arrogant)

bladesofgorey

I HATE traveling. Just don't like any part of it or anything about it and avoid it if I can. :/ I've visited other places and am glad I did in terms of seeing other parts of the world and states I guess, but I pretty much hate most of the experience of going from one place to another, and would be fine if I never left the NYC metro/New England area ever again for any reason.

Worked with a lot of famous people in very unglamorous ways in NYC theatre for over a decade. Almost all of my stories about the stars are boring because I hate drama that isn't on the stage so as much as possible I avoided the chance to be involved in any at all costs during this time period. Plus I am an introvert and like to give people their space.

(I won't share interesting rock star celebrity stories or the rare actors behaving badly stories I have because this is not the thread for that.)

I like coffee very much and anything coffee flavored. I don't really like the taste of beer and I can't finish a can of it because it makes me too gassy/full.

Related: I can't/don't burp. I've burped about 6 times total in my life (it's so rare I remember each occasion).

I hate feeling drunk but like rum and bourbon quite a bit.

I've never tried even a single recreational drug but a lot of my closest friends through the years were fairly heavy users at one time or another.

Vagabond

I lived in Manhattan and used to run into a lot of famous people. Caroline brought John Kennedy Jr., who was one of the most gorgeous people I ever saw into the gym. Joanne Woodward and I shared the same trainer, but I missed Paul Newman. I became somewhat friendly with Ed Bradley from Sixty Minutes. Kevin Kline used to steal cabs from me on Second Avenue. Others included Bianca Jagger, Jeremy Irons and Patti Lupone, Iman, Billy Jean King. Interesting place to work out.

Met Mohammad Ali in the Caracas airport when our plane blew some piece of equipment and had to turn around 5 minutes after taking off. One of his entourage came over looking for Valium because he found out that my friend and I were nurses; Ali walked over.

Also as a nurse in a large NYC hospital, I took care of a Supreme Court justice(visited by Senator Ted Kennedy) as well as a famous author who was visited by Kurt Vonnegut(nasty and arrogant)
These are the boring facts about you? :wideeyes:

Can you please start a separate thread so that you can share some of the more interesting facts. 🙏

skylark

My husband is bent on reviving/re-creating his grandpa's orchard. It's pear season. Earlier tonight, I was dive-bombed by a dozen fruit flies while he emptied and re-created the fruit-fly trap.

When I was 18 months old, my hair grew in curly ringlets. When I was 5 or 6, my mother cut it short and it seemed completely straight. When I grow it medium-length or long now (which is always) it is wavy.

I own 35 Oz books: 14 by L. Frank Baum; 20 by Ruth Plumly Thompson; and one by John R. Neill.

I make a smashing puh-KAHN pie.

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
My dad gets my hatred of Ricketts junior because of politics but feels a little loyality to Ricketts senior because he got good investment advice in the 70's from him. I remind him that the Cubs are no longer shown on WGN because Ricketts senior bought the Cubs. And oh yeah there's that whole racist stuff.

A boring fact about me - i could eat a good filet steak once a week.

skylark

I read this as 'bent on revenge' at first & wondered what could have happened on grandpa' orchard.
LOL! It boggles the imagination! :gallopin1 Although Grandpa did have a vendetta against insects who dared to mess with his plants. He used to sit outside in the sun with a fly-swatter in his hand so he could swat flies if they came close.

skylark

^^ Maybe you're not. :) The fascinating thing about this thread is that it isn't boring. It's just full of random facts and thoughts that don't belong in a category and may not get spoken often.

hanca

Values her privacy
I really struggle to remember English names of people and places. I have never had the same problem in my birth language.

Cachoo

I love butterflies and took around 50.000 photos of them the last 10 years or so. Only 5000 are good, though. And only 100 are brilliant.
I like being on my own.
I´ve never been bored my entire live. There´s so many great things to do :)

Laney you should put one of your photographs as your avatar.

clairecloutier

Even as a child, I could never bend over and touch my toes.

I'm the same way! I have to do stretches regularly for a few days to be able to reach down and touch my toes.

I've always been jealous of people who are naturally flexible, because I'm so not. :D

My daughter has a friend who doesn't do any ballet, gymnastics, yoga, or figure skating, but can still do perfect splits and incredible leg lifts, without any visible effort at all. Amazing!

emason

Of course you can. It would be weird if you couldn’t. I can still bend over and put my whole palms on the floor.

I'm in my 70s, overweight, and don't exercise, so it is unusual that I still have the flexibility to touch my toes.

jadingirl

I have extremely sensitive hearing which is nice except when I am trying to sleep!
My father is the same but my mom is stone deaf without her hearing aids. I am happy to (so far) have my dad's hearing and am hoping it continues as I seem to be more sensitive the older I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information