Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

CaliSteve

Zhulin said he did not understand Kostornaya's decision to leave Tutberidze

Zhuilin is being political. He know why and he knows Danny G choreo lacks.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Kolyada moved to Mishin? :eek: Wow. I mean, I think he probably needed a change to shake things up, but he and his prior coach seemed to have a really good relationship.
She's pretty much out of the coaching business at the moment. Both he and and Konstantinova have left for other coaches. Stasia was interested in Mishin, but he wasn't interested back, but he took Kolyada. Mishin isn't a dummy.

Bigbird

If it's true what Danny G. said, then it really was a bad way to part with your team.
Kostornaia is still young, but this behavior is not your typical "teenage rebellion", but a calculated and ruthless betrayal. I can imagine Team Tutberidze is hurt. I'd be as well.
We have not heard the full story best to wait and see. What I see though is a trend.

Skibean

I had previously speculated that perhaps it was Danil himself that likes Billie Eilish so much, and I think this might be correct. Alina had no connection to her exhibition and now this.
I wish her luck. Eteri continues to be vindictive and carries on with her bullying behavior. It’s a very pathetic look

rfisher

Let the skating begin
In Eteri's defense, I'd be annoyed if I'd spent time and effort to take her to a training camp, which Plushenko did NOT take his students and do the choreography and then be told, sorry, I'm not feeling well and oh, by the way, I'm going to train with Plushenko and I decided to do this before we came to camp.

I think the move for Trusova was good because she's all about the quad. I think this move was all about :bribe: I like Kostornaia's skating a lot, but she's a real drama queen and cries a lot (all you have to do is watch her practices). She takes a lot of energy to coach. And, she totally missed out on all the endorsements the other senior Sambo-70 skaters got. She wasn't offered any. Now, she'll cut a deal to skate in Plushenko's shows.

Stephanie

In Eteri's defense, I'd be annoyed if I'd spent time and effort to take her to a training camp, which Plushenko did NOT take his students and do the choreography and then be told, sorry, I'm not feeling well and oh, by the way, I'm going to train with Plushenko and I decided to do this before we came to camp.

Plushenko did take his students to the other main training camp (there were 2) in Kislovosk.

CaliSteve

If it's true what Danny G. said, then it really was a bad way to part with your team.
Kostornaia is still young, but this behavior is not your typical "teenage rebellion", but a calculated and ruthless betrayal. I can imagine Team Tutberidze is hurt. I'd be as well.

This is one side of the story, but do you really think Kostornaia was behind this strategy? She's a 16-year-old.

Bigbird

I think the move for Trusova was good because she's all about the quad. I think this move was all about :bribe: I like Kostornaia's skating a lot, but she's a real drama queen and cries a lot (all you have to do is watch her practices). She takes a lot of energy to coach. And, she totally missed out on all the endorsements the other senior Sambo-70 skaters got. She wasn't offered any. Now, she'll cut a deal to skate in Plushenko's shows.
Even AK confesses that she's very emotional that awareness should count for something. The young lady wasn't comfortable and needed a change. Considering ET's response, I'd say good on ya girl.

hanca

Values her privacy
It’s the same old song over and over, isn’t it?
Yes, but it seems to be trend among some coaches. Pluschenko talking badly about Sakhanovich and even worse about Tarakanova after they left him, Zhulin talking nasty about Ilynikh/Katsalapov even two years after they left him... it seems that the sport is full of coaches with huge egos and while each of them are happy to let skaters come to them, they can’t deal with saying goodbye in a classy decent way. (And so that I am not accused of talking only about Russian coaches, what about Frank Carroll, when talking about Gracie Gold at the end of their work together?)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Even AK confesses that she's very emotional that awareness should count for something. The young lady wasn't comfortable and needed a change. Considering ET's response, I'd say good on ya girl.
And, she wants money like Anna, Sasha and Alina got.

Ka3sha

Pluschenko DID take his students to the camp - to Kislovodsk , not Novogorsk that is 1,600 km from Moscow. And he even rented some RVs and drove himself in order to get the kids there healthy and avoid airports. Am not a big fan of Pluschy (and Yana) but that was a very decent and wise move given current circumstances.

Amyway, I see no reason to believe that Aliona (or her parents) planned this coaching change way back in May and it got public only now. What for? To get two masterpieces from Gleikh? To train in Novogorsk just to train? She could have very easily gone to Kislovodsk and have an ice there and not waste her time on choreographing programs she won’t use/doesn’t like under previous coaching team

hanca

Values her privacy
Maybe in Tutberidze’s group she was the only one over the age of 10 who doesn’t have a quad, and watching allthose quads around her started getting on her nerves!

starrynight

Maybe in Tutberidze’s group she was the only one over the age of 10 who doesn’t have a quad, and watching allthose quads around her started getting on her nerves!

According to Shcherbakova's parents, there are daily jumping competitions at Sambo-70, so the skaters are all directly pitted against each other. So that reality would be rubbed in on a daily basis.

I just think that Sambo-70 is a training school for children and it's clear that once skaters reach past childhood, it's natural for them to graduate to a new place.

From what I read, the training methods are for children. Once a skater get older, they need to be granted independence and 'buy in' to the process. One wouldn't teach a 17 year old at school the same way a 9 year old is taught.

This whole 'rona thing has made a lot of people re-evaluate their choices. And Kostornaia is a clever girl. If skaters are simply going to have to train without competitions in sight, they are probably going to start evaluating if the training process is right for them. And being stuck in isolation in Novogorsk with that team 24/7 would have likely compounded everything.

CaliSteve

She was close to hot Sergei and maybe that way she left.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
But then wait for 2 months, get the new programs, behave like a brat and then tell the coaching team: "I'm done with you."
This is not nice. At all.
Or maybe she stuck with them, believing that her new programs would be a step up and she was dissatisfied with what Danny G gave her. It's not impossible to believe that she went back to her dorm room after the choreography sessions, called her parents and told them about the crap programs and they said "well, we'll see what we can do, you just keep skating until we have this figured out here in Moscow," and then just bided her time through the rest of camp until it was settled and she had the all-clear from her parents to announce her coaching switch. I can see that taking Team Eteri by surprise but still fitting with Plushenko's statements that this was not a coaching change planned back in May or even until after the training camp had gotten underway.

fan

In Russia coaches control the flow of money to the skater, including endorsement deals. That means she can to some extent pick and choose who gets what endorsements, and supposedly she gave her other skaters endorsement opportunities while she left Alena with none. Meaning the other skaters got that sweet, sweet endorsement money while Alena got nothing.
How exactly does this work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information