Just call me Harry. (Everything Harry & Meghan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I watched his Zoom chats and
to me he looks like he has lost some weight but that could be just the camera angle.

Come on now! You're seriously worried about Harry losing weight. :drama: I'm not sure how you can detect anything of that nature on a secondhand or firsthand Zoom chat. :lol: OTOH, in the below video message Harry gave to encourage and inspire Invictus athletes, he looks relaxed, laid-back, as charismatic as ever, and sexy hot with that amazing deep voice he has. But that's just a detached observation on my part, because to me he's a baby. I remember the day Harry was born, and I've seen him grow up from afar in pictures, documentaries, and public appearances. He's tanned (well, red from the sun since his skin type doesn't really tan), and it looks like his hair got a blowout, California style. ;) :cool: Those making negative comments on this video are really the ones who need help.

Did you watch the video of Meghan reading Duck! Rabbit! that Harry filmed himself. He sounded extremely happy in the background, off-camera joining in with the reading, and laughing at Archie's reactions. They appear to be very happy together. But their private life is their own business, no matter that a lot of people seem interested in how they're doing.

Meanwhile, the British media who keeps gaslighting them, and saying the Sussexes are needy and worthless, are simply projecting. The British media said they were going to ignore the Sussexes, but that was obviously one of their numerous dirty lies. Many royal reporters are obsessed with writing about the Sussexes because anything about the couple brings a lot of clicks and attention, which equates to money. And yet, there are people in a number of quarters who take every opportunity to continually put the Sussexes down, and to portray them as losers who can't survive outside the firm. :duh: I think M&H are doing fine, and everything that's happened since they stepped away from senior royal life has only confirmed that Harry made the right decision for his family and for his and Meghan's sanity! I wish them well. :respec:

starrynight

I wonder how Harry’s really doing. I know he’s happy to leave the Royal life behind, but the move to LA was a surprise. I thought he loved it in Canada

I think right now would be the prime time to be feeling culture shock as a foreigner in the USA, as things have really 'kicked off' now in America and it will only get more intense going into elections.

Sometimes some of the stuff USA members talk about on here blows my mind, but for them it's completely normal. So I think it's almost certain there is an element culture shock. All anglophone nations are not the same - British are very different. And Harry was used to a life where everyone ran after him and was deferential and subservient. So having that taken away must be an adjustment. Along with now his wife being more recognisable and famous than he is.

It's also interesting that Meghan's most outspoken fans on social networks all despise the royal family (not surprising given that the history of royals and the British Empire stands at complete odds to the current social movements) . So I think Harry's ability to be tolerated on that turf (provided he maintains any sort of public profile) is dependent on him remaining estranged from his former royal and family life. So, it's complicated. What has happened seems really removed from the original idea of spending 50/50 time in Canada and the UK and remaining working royals. It's just ended up a total split and full immersion in USA life.

There have been articles floating around that Meghan is 'not ruling out a career in politics'. Sure hope that is just newspapers and not the truth. USA politics would have to be the biggest snake pit ever. If Meghan couldn't handle the royal family, I don't think politics is for her.

Last edited:

canbelto

Come on now! You're seriously worried about Harry losing weight. :drama: I'm not sure how you can detect anything of that nature on a secondhand or firsthand Zoom chat. :lol: OTOH, in the below video message Harry gave to encourage and inspire Invictus athletes, he looks relaxed, laid-back, as charismatic as ever, and sexy hot with that amazing deep voice he has.

Um ... that was a little TMI about your own sexual fantasies.

kittyjake5

@AS I said "to me" he looks like he has lost weight. I did not state it as a fact. You sure do like to scramble words.
Any thing that you perceive as critical of H&M when there was no intention on my part you have to come back with a snark.
If y'all think he looks "hot" in the video Zooms especially the ones after the Invictus Zoom which was six weeks ago
more power to you, to me he looks like a shadow of his former self.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Along with now his wife being more recognisable and famous than he is.
I will dispute this.

In the US, Meghan Markle was not that famous. More famous than you and I, perhaps, but many people had no idea who she was until she started dating Harry. Her show is on cable (which not everyone has) and has an average viewership of about 1 million which means it's not even in the Top 100 most-watched tv shows, and she's not even the star.

Harry, OTOH, is the son of Princess Diana who was much beloved world-wide and is so famous that he goes by the name Harry, no last name.

Let's put it this way, when Harry got engaged to Meghan, most of us had to look her up.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I think right now would be the prime time to be feeling culture shock as a foreigner in the USA, as things have really 'kicked off' now in America and it will only get more intense going into elections.

Sometimes some of the stuff USA members talk about on here blows my mind, but for them it's completely normal. So I think it's almost certain there is an element culture shock. All anglophone nations are not the same - British are very different. And Harry was used to a life where everyone ran after him and was deferential and subservient. So having that taken away must be an adjustment. Along with now his wife being more recognisable and famous than he is.

It's also interesting that Meghan's most outspoken fans on social networks all despise the royal family (not surprising given that the history of royals and the British Empire stands at complete odds to the current social movements) . So I think Harry's ability to be tolerated on that turf (provided he maintains any sort of public profile) is dependent on him remaining estranged from his former royal and family life. So, it's complicated. What has happened seems really removed from the original idea of spending 50/50 time in Canada and the UK and remaining working royals. It's just ended up a total split and full immersion in USA life.

I find it very interesting and revealing the continual negativity targeted against this couple. Of course they also have lots of supporters, many of whom are probably not that vocal. There are even more people who are neutral and fairly uninterested. The people around the world who support the Sussexes are not a monolith and do not all agree with each other. They are not just one type of person, so it's useless to generalize about their individual interests and specific thoughts regarding the royal family. OTOH, the crazy people spending their time spewing cruel BS about the Sussexes do tend to fit a certain profile, as indicated in a documentary that investigated the Megxit trolls' Twitter-related profiles, etc. Hopefully all of these negative, hateful people (along with the worst members of the British tabloid media) will experience their negativity being turned back upon them with full-on karma!

There have been articles floating around that Meghan is 'not ruling out a career in politics'. Sure hope that is just newspapers and not the truth. USA politics would have to be the biggest snake pit ever. If Meghan couldn't handle the royal family, I don't think politics is for her.

:rolleyes: :drama: Take a good look at what you are saying here, and try to figure out why you give any kind of credence to such blathering reports in the tabloids about Meghan! Lots of stories are made up about Meghan and Harry. Why don't you wait until you hear something directly from them about their actual plans? :duh: In any case, why do you f'ing care in the first place? What's it to you? FYI: You do not get to decide what 'is for' Meghan. You should pay more attention to worrying about what 'is for you' in your own life instead.

Last edited:

canbelto

Omg. Not everyone is jealous of this Great Love of Meghan and Harry. I think they're probably like any other married couple -- they have ups and downs. You;re more of a stan than anything else.

starrynight

I will dispute this.

In the US, Meghan Markle was not that famous. More famous than you and I, perhaps, but many people had no idea who she was until she started dating Harry.

I meant more that her profile has skyrocketed now. She breathes and its major news. All the articles and discussions of future plans are about her. While there is basically nothing about Harry - he's certainly nowhere near as newsworthy as she is.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Harry just wants to live a normal quiet life away from all the media attention. But he picked the wrong woman to spend his life with. She is an attention-seeking Hollywood diva, and it shows.

starrynight

Ehhhh. Still not convinced.

I certainly agree that Harry's fame is something that is deep rooted and long term. (Because it has its roots in an institution rather than one person being trendy). It's a different kind of fame to celebrity buzz. More of a tortoise and hare thing.

A bit like how for a period there, Paris Hilton was the most famous person - but that passed.

So Meghan needs Harry for her celebrity buzz to endure and I think that if she was to lose the royal connection, the fame would eventually pass.

Harry just wants to live a normal quiet life away from all the media attention. But he picked the wrong woman to spend his life with. She is an attention-seeking Hollywood diva, and it shows.

I suspect Meghan had a plan to make a split from royal life happen very fast and that was very appealing to Harry. But Meghan was never going to help orchestrate that unless there was an incentive for her. And nothing in her past indicates that she would do such drastic things just to spend the rest of her life walking around in gumboots in the countryside and growing petunias.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
I agree with @MacMadame that few people knew anything about Meghan before the news came out that she and Harry were dating. She had achieved significant success, because it's not a small thing to land a role on a series that gets picked up and becomes a long-running popular television show. But Meghan was not well-known, nor was she a celebrity in the sense of everybody knowing her name. Of course, people who watched Suits knew her, and she often walked the red carpet at movie premieres and events, and garnered front row seats at New York Fashion Week. She was also becoming better known and well-respected in the entertainment, fashion and beauty industries, and in the humanitarian field around the time she and Harry were introduced to each other.

Meghan was an important member of the Suits' ensemble cast. When the show began, she was not one of the main leads (Gina Torres, Gabriel Macht, Patrick J. Adams), but along with the other supporting leads (Rick Hoffman and Sarah Rafferty) Meghan became one of the Suits 'star' players over the course of the show's popular tenure on USA Network.

… now his wife being more recognisable and famous than he is… Meghan couldn't handle the royal family...

It's true that Meghan's fame became outsized when she met, dated and later married Prince Harry. But she's not more recognizable and famous than her husband. As a couple who are over-scrutinized by the media 24/7, they are equally famous by this point. Meghan attained a worldwide level of fame when she married Harry. Still, she was already accomplished and successful before she met Harry. The reason they got married is because they are in love. I don't see how anyone could doubt that.

There's no evidence Meghan married Harry because he's a prince. It's about them being attracted to each other, bonding together over mutual interests, and falling in love. Most importantly, while Meghan respected and admired the institution Harry was born into (as she mentioned in their engagement interview), she clearly was not intimidated by nor afraid of becoming a member of the royal family. The key is that as Meghan said herself in the September 2017 Vanity Fair interview, “I don't define myself by my relationships.” Neither does she define herself by the family she married into. And neither was she willing to serve as a royal doormat and a punching bag miserably feigning a stiff-upper-lip. Nor did Harry desire to see his wife continually mistreated with the specter of their son also being intrusively harassed and abused.

Far from Meghan not being able to 'handle' the royal family, it seems more that the British media, certain haters, some royal observers, and some members of the royal family can't 'handle' the fact that Harry and Meghan fell in love. Much less can they handle the reality that Harry had the audacity and determination to marry the woman he fell in love with, regardless of her mother being African-American.

The latest is this:
https://people.com/royals/prince-william-prince-harry-relationship-battle-of-brothers-book/

Yet another book, this time by venerable royal reporter, Robert Lacey, who is a consultant for The Crown.

Scroll down in the link for more royalty stories. As already noted, the Archewell trademark application is still in normal progress. The negative tabloid reports as usual are OTT and baseless. Even W&K experienced denials and requests for adjustments when they filed for new applications for the Royal Foundation, but there weren't any negative tabloid stories written about W&K's applications. The situation experienced by both W&K and M&H are all part of what is a normal back-and-forth process in such matters.

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Why don't you wait until you hear something directly from them about their actual plans? :duh: In any case, why do you f'ing care in the first place? What's it to you? FYI: You do not get to decide what 'is for' Meghan. You should pay more attention to worrying about what 'is for you' in your own life instead.

You opine all the time about what's going on in their heads & what they are going to do next but you attack someone else because they didn't hear it from M&H's own lips? And what was said wasn't even derogatory. "You should pay more attention to worrying about what 'is for you' in your own life instead."

pot
kettle
black

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Perhaps they will blame it on "the help". That is, if they still have any.

Oh! wait! I know what happened! Harry asked William about how to apply, and William, urged on by EVILLE Kate, gave him the wrong information. Thereby furthering the Cambridges' EVILLE plans to make H&M look incompetent and greedy, so that they look even better by comparison. :lynch:
<65 words and only one emoticon :drama:

starrynight

On a lighter note, has anyone watched 'The Windsors'? It's hilarious.

This is all I can think of when I picture the royal family these days:

aftershocks

Banned Member
You opine all the time about what's going on in their heads & what they are going to do next but you attack someone else because they didn't hear it from M&H's own lips? And what was said wasn't even derogatory. "You should pay more attention to worrying about what 'is for you' in your own life instead."
pot
kettle
black

It was derogatory @taf2002. Many of the comments here are putdowns, and those who can't see that clearly seemingly prefer not to see it. I state my opinions based on factual knowledge, and on what I've heard from M&H in their interviews, speeches and writings, and based on reports from viable sources. I do not rely on made-up and derogatory crap in tabloids, and from clout-chasing opportunists like Lady Colin Campbell, who is the source of the unsubstantiated, made-up claim that Meghan wants to run for U.S. President. :blah:

Everybody should worry about what 'is for' our own selves in our own lives. It's your erroneous interpretation that I talk about what's going on in M&H's heads. As I said, I base my comments on what M&H say and on what I read from reliable sources, and from what I know about them from doing my homework. Meghan has made no comments about wanting to enter politics, so it's silly to treat such claims seriously. The way it was commented on by starrynight was in a derogatory, putdown fashion toward Meghan personally. Those who don't like Meghan can have their reasons for not liking her, but it would be more helpful if they would at least try to base their dislike on something that makes sense, instead of on Megxit troll hate and crap from nasty, thirsty royal reporters.

aftershocks

Banned Member
There's also the negative suggestion in this thread that Meghan is 'a Hollywood diva,' on the order of a Kardashian or Paris Hilton. That's a false putdown as well. Meghan walked red carpets but few people knew who she was outside the industry, unless they were fans of Suits. She was a successful working actor with an ever increasing recognition factor, particularly as she began branching out with her former blog, which had directly led to her pursuing a number of humanitarian endeavors. Being a caring humanitarian who reached out to others was not new to Meghan. She had been doing volunteer work and outreach since she was a teenager in L.A. And that caring-in-action extended to her time in Toronto on the set of Suits. She advocated that food leftover after the cast and crew had eaten, be donated to a local homeless shelter, and she was instrumental in arranging for that kind effort to materialize. Her close-knit cast members affectionately began routinely saying about her: "Meghan gets things done!"

That anecdote is one of many which confirm the reality that Meghan was and is a down-to-earth person who has always been generally well-liked by those around her. There's no indication that she'd ever been subject to the level of OTT hate for no good reason which has been occurring ever since it was publicly revealed she was dating Prince Harry. The level of hate and discrimination has risen to exponential excess ever since the Sussexes returned to London after their very successful and widely praised South Pacific tour. The tabloid knives came out full force immediately after that tour, against a pregnant woman! And it all began with palace leaks.

The bottom line is that there are things going on within the British media and the British monarchy which many people apparently prefer not to discuss, or wish to downplay and turn a blind eye to. While Prince Andrew is being coddled and protected by the firm, a campaign is ongoing among royal reporters and the British media to neutralize and block M&H's efforts to live their lives separately from the toxic hegemony of the monarchy and the intrusive abuse of the British media.

Again, all who prefer to believe questionable tales in the British tabloids that are often picked up in the U.S. media, that's your right. But when it's accompanied by derogatory comments, I will respond when/if I have something relevant to say which debunks the falsehoods. I am reminded of how Asher Hill's complaints of discrimination were dismissed and turned back upon him by Skate Canada. That's exactly what is happening to Meghan and Harry. They are being victimized and gaslighted largely by the British media. But there are also factions within the palaces who are condoning and/ or aiding and abetting the negative narratives against the Sussexes.

I've said before that IMO it would have been beneficial had senior members of the monarchy decided to form a united front to support Meghan against being dragged in the tabloids. But that didn't happen and that's a huge reason why Harry made the decision to step away from royal life. It's something he had considered doing when he was in the military, so seeing his pregnant wife being relentlessly torn down and mischaracterized apparently was the final straw. And fyi @taf2002: I'm not in Harry's head -- he emphasized publicly in a speech in January that stepping away from royal life was his decision, and that if we 'knew what he knows,' we would understand why he had to make that choice for his family. He also told us in the South Africa tour documentary that he was concerned about protecting the safety and well being of his wife and son, and he cautioned that, "I will not be bullied into playing a game [with the British media] that killed my mum."

I write a lot because there's a lot going on that doesn't lend itself to soundbites. For those who aren't interested in the serious and very sad goings-on among the British royals, fine. Those who prefer to read and believe negative stories about the Sussexes that aren't true, can and obviously will do and think as they please. For those who wish to make light of the discrimination against Meghan and to target her with untrue labels and pretentious putdowns, don't be surprised when/ if I have something to say about it.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
So @aftershocks, only you have freedom of speech re H&M? You attack anyone who doesn't bow down. Obviously you've appointed yourself as champion for them, even when they don't need championing. starrynight said it was a rumor, she didn't piss in Meghan's cereal. Clearly you don't want to participate in discussion like the rest of us. Go on preaching to the 1 person choir.

starrynight

Everyone needs to watch more 'Windsors' on streaming and peace out.

The royal family aren't gods. Far from it.

The daily dramas of the royals really aren't that far removed from Colleen Rooney and Rebecca Vardy.

Last edited:

kittyjake5

Adding to the latest rumor mill, Harry is supposed to be back in the UK, something to do with his visa.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
If true, it might be something to do with the extension of visa restrictions. As a person who once had a visa to work in the US, I can tell you it can be a bureaucratic nightmare at the best of times, let alone in the middle a ********* with an immigrant-phobic president barking the orders.

Oh, come on, you know EVILLE William and Kate had something to do with it...

MsZem

I see the sea
If true, it might be something to do with the extension of visa restrictions. As a person who once had a visa to work in the US, I can tell you it can be a bureaucratic nightmare at the best of times, let alone in the middle a ********* with an immigrant-phobic president barking the orders.
I would imagine that the royal spouse of an American citizen might have fewer troubles in this respect than most people.

Vagabond

I would imagine that the royal spouse of an American citizen might have fewer troubles in this respect than most people.
I dunno about that. What job skills does he have? Will he live off the public dole? Did he leave his last employer on friendly terms? And does he have any skeletons in his closet, like poncing around in an Afrika Korps uniform? :unsure:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
He runs (or ran) the Invictus Games, and he and Meghan have their charitable foundation. He definitely has job skills around those activities, but I don't know if those positions count as "employment" - maybe self-employment?

Vagabond

Did he actually run the Invictus Games, or was he a figurehead? And what has he actually done with regard to his and his wife's foundation? I don't know the answer to either of these questions and am curious.

starrynight

I think the USA is really strict on visa things. Like if you outstay your visa, they'll never let you back in again.

And I think there's every risk that they'd make an example of an ex- British Royal. I don't think there's any reason to think there'd be special treatment. He doesn't live in the USA in any kind of official diplomatic capacity. I expect that he will need to exit and come back in on a different kind of visa. Normally that would involve a quick jaunt to Canada or the Bahamas or something, but lockdown probably complicated it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information