2020/2021 Canadian Ice Dance: News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Green

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
@Colonel Green I know you'll know this -- what other teams train with Lane? I know she has G/P, L/R, and in juniors B/B -- who else?

RoseRed

@Colonel Green I know you'll know this -- what other teams train with Lane? I know she has G/P, L/R, and in juniors B/B -- who else?
She had Galiyanova/Lochhead. They split, but Irina is on IPS looking for a new partner and she's still with Lane. There's also Emma Goodstat & Michael Barsoum who were 2nd in novice dance at Nationals. And Shaelene Katrayan / Jordan Derochie, who were in junior dance.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
Good for S&F - their success ran ashore with IAM, sadly. They're headed towards more interesting choreography, if nothing less. They're also well-positioned to be the #1 team there when Paul & Piper retire. Nicely done.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I do hope Carol fixes her hair. I think she'd look so cute with a pixie cut. Anything but the unkempt soccer-mom hair.

Wyliefan

PJ Kwong is doing a Facebook Live with Soucisse/Firus at 11 a.m. Eastern tomorrow (Thursday).

aftershocks

Banned Member
P.J. Kwong's Youtube channel has a video of the live chat with Caro & Shane. It's pretty cool hearing them discuss their partnership and the decisionmaking process to move from Quebec to Toronto to train with Carol Lane. I think it's a good decision for them just to get a change of scenery and new inspirations. Caro admitted that being in a training environment with so many other teams and close competitors, while there are upsides, it can also end up leading to a loss of focus. They and P.J. were very good at pointing out it's more about finding new career directions than anything else, with the bonus being that they're leaving from strength-to-strength in the fact that Gadbois has great coaches, and they are moving to a new set of great coaches:

P.J. certainly has a lot of peppy energy and enthusiasm. I love how well she speaks and articulates. I believe she's a very good communicator and a talented linguist.

Good luck to all the skaters. It's a difficult time with a lot of decisions to be made as in any off-season, but even moreso this season, with the uncertainties ahead that we'll all be facing in every area of endeavor. Hopefully, some skaters are not only being able to stay fit off-ice, but also finding ways to get in a bit of ice time at private rinks.

Shane's & Caro's little dachshund is so cute. The fact his name is P.J. is a hoot, but it stands for Prince Junior -- very apropos on him! :)

Wyliefan

PJ really is an excellent interviewer. I liked her technique of showing photos from their career and asking what each one meant to them. They gave some good, thoughtful answers, especially about the Nationals podium pic.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
They are certainly an adorable couple. I think Caro looks more beautiful without the stage hair and makeup. She has naturally lovely eyes and skin and I wonder if they get a bit covered up. JMO.
She's so lovely, much more beautiful without the hair and makeup that she's had in competition. I do hope Carol Lane gives them a makeover, and finds a way to enhance her beauty.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ A lovely farewell from Olivia McIsaac. I'm not familiar with her at all, so I guess she was a junior ice dancer. It's very poignant how she addresses her departure from competing in a sport she dearly loves in order to pursue an education. Good luck to Olivia!

puglover

Piper and Paul are so adorable. I went to CSOI last year specifically to see "Vincent" live and I was so thrilled to have the opportunity. They seemed so happy to be there and so lovely in the Meet and Greet. All the best to them as they move forward this season, whatever it may turn out to be.

shutterbug

Skate Canada has updated the Next Gen team list: https://skatecanada.ca/nextgen/

Ice Dance

Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont
Emmy Bronsard / Aissa Bouaraguia
Natalie D’Alessandro / Bruce Waddell
Sandrine Gauthier / Quentin Thieren
Emma Goodstadt / Michael Barsoum
Lily Hensen / Nathan Lickers
Jessica Li / Jacob Richmond
Hannah Lim / Ye Quan
Miku Makita / Tyler Gunara
Hailey Yu / Brendan Giang

I❤️Marina&Sergai

Piper and Paul are so adorable. I went to CSOI last year specifically to see "Vincent" live and I was so thrilled to have the opportunity. They seemed so happy to be there and so lovely in the Meet and Greet. All the best to them as they move forward this season, whatever it may turn out to be.
I’ve only ever seen them in interviews they seem so lovely. For me her reaction to the FD scores at SC was a highlight.

Sylvia

TBD
Mathieu Ostiguy chatted with Laurence Fournier Beaudry & Nikolaj Sorensen on his new podcast (in French, July 4):

Also with Zachary Lagha (in French, May 31):

And Majorie Lagha (in French, May 15):

ETA:

Nik Sorensen's Instagram story today mentioned that it's "Choreo week!" and he's excited. :)

Last edited:

Colonel Green

Speaking of Nikolaj, he posted on his Instagram Story the other day that today was choreography week, so I guess they are getting a new program?

Sylvia

TBD
PATINAGE QUEBEC has published their teams on their website here: https://patinage.qc.ca/developpement/

Danse 2020-2021 (30 June):

Équipe Excellence (4):
Laurence Fournier Beaudry & Nikolaj Sorensen / Senior / Patrice Lauzon
Carolane Soucisse & Shane Firus / Senior / Carol Lane
Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha / Senior / Romain Haguenauer
Emmy Bronsard & Aissa Bouaraguia / Junior / Pascal Denis

Équipe A (1):
Alicia Fabbri & Paul Ayer / Senior / Marie-France Dubreuil

Équipe NextGen (3):
Jessica Li & Jacob Richmond / Junior / Julien Lalonde
Sandrine Gauthier & Quentin Thieren / Junior / Julien Lalonde
Hannah Lim & Ye Quan / Junior / Marie-France Dubreuil

Équipe B (3):
Elysia-Marie Campbell & Liam Fawcett / Élise Hamel
Chaima Ben Khelifa & Zhu Everest / Élise Hamel
Jasmine Lévesque & Alexandre Faucher / Élise Hamel

Sylvia

TBD
Daniel Yu, age 17 (won the Skate Canada Challenge Pre-Novice title last December with his younger sister Emma) and based in Calgary, is newly listed on IPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information