BUZZFEED QUIZ: If You Score 6/10 On This Trivia Quiz, You’re A Figure Skating Expert!

Winnipeg

7/10

I missed the one about the oldest Oly winter sport. I was really surprised to find out it was FS!

Also missed # seconds for dance lift and an easy one...............the first Olys to have a team event. For reasons I checked Vancouver when I know it was 2014 Sochi................

DreamSkates

7/10 - better than I thought I would do since I don't consider myself to be anything close to an expert but it was a fun quiz.

VGThuy

There should be a real expert quiz that not only asks us trivia questions about skating history, but also asks us to identify rockers, counters, choctaws, etc.; show us a gif of some steps and guess which level it received; asks us parts of the IJS (like how much an element is worth or identify which one is NOT a guideline for +4 GOE/PCS), etc.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
8/10, messed up the combination lift (I was like, 6 seconds and then went shit, combo is lift + lift so 6 + 6 = 12) and the medal count - surprised Russia doesn't have more.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate that the question about SLC was in there.

Lilia A

8/10
Missed the oldest winter Olympic sport and the combination lift (long lifts and combo lifts used to be 10 seconds back in the day, when the 6.0 was abolished...obviously someone hasn't put much attention to the ice dance rules lately, whoops, my bad)

sk9tingfan

I got this question wrong: Which jump takes off from a backwards outside edge?
I answered loop instead of lutz. Since they both take off from a back outside edge, loop seems more correct since there's no mention of a toepick in the question.

You should have reread the question. Which toe-pick assisted jump takes off from a backwards outside edge?

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I got 8 out of 10, and I guessed right about the toe-pick assisted jump being a Lutz because I usually get confused about those jumps!

The two that I got wrong, and I'm sort of embarrassed about both, was the combination dance lift not exceeding 12 seconds. I guessed 6 seconds because I wasn't sure.

The other question was about Figure Skating being the oldest Winter Olympic Sport. I didn't think it was!

Other than that, I'm proud of myself. I guess watching Figure Skating all these years paid off! I think what I miss the most is when my mom and I watched it together. My mom passed away in 1987, and I really missed her when it came time for the 1988 Olympics. 💞💓

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Very cool, I only got one question wrong. 9 out of 10 correct!!!

I got the ice dancing question wrong and that’s the discipline I watch the least so it makes sense to me. I guessed six seconds.

I hesitated on is ice-skating the oldest winter Olympic sport. Seems like a trick question so I guessed yes

Maximillian

RIP TA
Actually since both the toe loop and the lutz are toe assisted jumps that take off from the outside edge (different feet), the 'correct' answer is only partially accurate.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I scored 8 out of 10. I didn't realize that figure skating is the oldest Olympic winter sport. And I was guessing about the seconds allowed on the combo dance lift. I really had no idea, so I guessed wrong. The flip, lutz choice was hard, but of course it had to be one of those since the other choices are not toe-assisted jumps. I just had to think for a moment but I knew the entry on the lutz is backward. The entry on the flip is turned into, but I can't recall if the direction is left or right. I tend to get the flip and the toe loop jumps mixed up sometimes.

With or without multiple choice, all the other questions were easy.

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
I scored 8 out of 10. I didn't realize that figure skating is the oldest Olympic winter sport. And I was guessing about the seconds allowed on the combo dance lift. I really had no idea, so I guessed wrong. The flip, lutz choice was hard, but of course it had to be one of those since the other choices are not toe-assisted jumps. I just had to think for a moment but I knew the entry on the lutz is backward. The entry on the flip is turned into, but I can't recall if the direction is left or right. I tend to get the flip and the toe loop jumps mixed up sometimes.

I was able to get the toe pick question right because it asked which one takes off from an outside edge - which is the Lutz. The Flip takes off from an inside edge. Both while you're picking with the opposite foot of course.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝

Almost twinsies!!! Although we struggled on the exact same two questions 🤸🏼‍♂️🧸💌

kwanatic

7/10 :cheer2:

Not bad. It should have been 8/10--I stupidly changed my mind about the quad jump question (I knew it was Kurt and for some reason second guessed myself and put Elvis)... I missed the one about figure skating being the oldest winter sport (didn't know that) and the question about the dance lift (had no idea and had to guess). To be fair I only just started paying real attention to dance this season but that's good to know.

Cool quiz!

kwanatic

I love that Michelle Kwan was an option in the question which skater has won three consecutive Olympic gold medals along with Katarina Witt, Sonja Henie, and Kristi Yamaguchi.

I loved this one too, lol! Michelle Kwan was (and still is) one of the very few figure skaters to become a well-known name outside of the skating bubble, so much so that most casual observers probably think she won multiple Olympic titles when she is the only person on that list to never achieve that goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information