From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Here's a short video of some of the waltzing.

Is that Trusova in the light blue pantsuit? Who is the taller woman with long blonde hair in the black pantsuit?

mjb52

Who is the woman on the far left with the black hair in the black dress with white blousy sleeves? Is that Marie France and Romain perhaps? I thought at first it was Krylova before I realized she had no teams I could think of at Euros.

Ka3sha

Who is the woman on the far left with the black hair in the black dress with white blousy sleeves? Is that Marie France and Romain perhaps? I thought at first it was Krylova before I realized she had no teams I could think of at Euros.
I don’t think those were skaters/coaches, maybe the instructors.
Also, Krylova had Gallyavieva/Thauron and Mueller/Dieck at this Euros.

Perky Shae Lynn

So my impression of the interview (based on facial expressions alone, hah hah hah) is that Nikita is a bit arrogant (I got a strong know it all vibe) and didn't like the Bukin mention. Am I totally off? Projecting? Or hit the nail on the head?

mjb52

I thought he seemed a little uncomfortable, that's all, but I would personally be very uncomfortable in that kind of talk show environment so maybe I was projecting. I thought the whole thing would be cringe-worthy not because of the skaters but because I'm not a big fan of talk shows, but it was actually really cute. It's hard to go wrong combining figure skaters and llamas. I was wondering why Boikova wasn't talking more and then she did, and her voice sounded really hoarse! If as fans we are exhausted after the intense marathon of skating recently, the skaters must be even more tired! But I suppose the ones at Europeans were probably not watching US Nationals at the same time so maybe in a way they actually had it easier :).

Last edited:

Bigbird

So my impression of the interview (based on facial expressions alone, hah hah hah) is that Nikita is a bit arrogant (I got a strong know it all vibe) and didn't like the Bukin mention. Am I totally off? Projecting? Or hit the nail on the head?
Dead square in the center, but hey I could be off. OTOH, I really liked the pairs team, and my baby Kostornaia.

ostile17

Olympic champion Maxim Trankov talks with coach Marina Zoueva about working with pair Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov. It also shows for the first time in detail how training is held in Florida.

Why in Russian figure skating there is no single of the level of Nathan Chen? What is the reason for the success of the couple Gabriela Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron? Why did the legendary Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir lose in Sochi? The answers to these and other questions are in the first issue of Maxim Trankov’s vlog on Channel One.

The interview is in Russian but Max is hinting on Instagram that he's thinking of an English version.

Ka3sha

Alina Zagitova, Sinitsina/Katsalapov and Volosozhar/Trankov at the Art On Ice shows

zebraswan

This is a very interesting article with Vitaly Moskalenko, a physical fitness trainer for Mozer's group, among others. He talks a lot about training methods and best practices, injury prevention, etc.

Ka3sha

This is a very interesting article with Vitaly Moskalenko, a physical fitness trainer for Mozer's group, among others. He talks a lot about training methods and best practices, injury prevention, etc.

The most :eek: part of the interview is a note that Natalia Zabiyako can hold a plank position for 45 minutes

Mad for Skating

The most :eek: part of the interview is a note that Natalia Zabiyako can hold a plank position for 45 minutes

That’s incredible! She’s truly a little superwoman!

Depends on what else you do during the 45 minutes! If you have someone to turn the pages, you could read a great book!

I know she likes to draw, so maybe she holds the plank with one hand and sketches with the other!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information