2020 U.S. Figure Skating Championships will return to Greensboro Coliseum in North Carolina

JeffClair1979

I wanna move to France...
Also the link from the website for the parking pass says they are no longer available :( does anyone know if I can get one by calling the coliseum directly?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
A tip for anyone who's planning on using Lyft anytime during their trip and doesn't use it regularly - if you open up your app later this week just to look at it, there's a good chance they will send a discount to your app for next week. If they think you're interested in using it they give you a coupon :) The key is not to open it until one or two days before you leave because the discount often doesn't last more than a week.

jkl

Also the link from the website for the parking pass says they are no longer available :( does anyone know if I can get one by calling the coliseum directly?
I just spoke to Matt at the Greensboro Coliseum. Parking passes are no longer being sold online due to the turn around with the mail and the event starting. You can buy them at the Box Office next week. $60 cash or credit card but no American Express.

JeffClair1979

I wanna move to France...
I just spoke to Matt at the Greensboro Coliseum. Parking passes are no longer being sold online due to the turn around with the mail and the event starting. You can buy them at the Box Office next week. $60 cash or credit card but no American Express.

Thank you! Great news!

Also my tix for men’s free and gala have been claimed :)

maureenfarone

Is the color coded schedule showing the practices out? I also haven't seen the info on which skaters are assigned to the different practice groups - has this been posted?

Thanks for any info!

Sylvia

TBD
This was posted in this thread on Monday:
Got a response back from my inquiry. They are finalizing it [color coded schedule] with the referees and will be posted later this week.😀
Hopefully the practice groups will be posted together with the detailed schedule.

Flip Jump

Thank you Sylvia for the schedule. I am visiting relatives in Charlotte and wanted to know when I should come back for practice on Monday. Always appreciate your insight and information.

maureenfarone

I meant that I download when it's posted. When the doc loads on my phone, there's an option to save it to Drive.

Did you see Sylvia's post above? Not a complete sched but a start.
Sorry Debbie, I misunderstood your post. I did see Sylvia post about the schedule and I really want to watch practices on NBC Gold but I can't spend all day watching and had several skaters in mind. Maybe the practice groups will show up before Monday.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I hope everyone has fun! We're mid-move (not moving to the area til July) and will be in Charlotte to do some things on our house there, but have to go back to LA on the 26th. :( I'm sad I won't be there!

Moto Guzzi

List of Prohibited Items

I don't have a problem with most of these (who brings beach balls or a folding chair to a skating event?) but the prohibition on "Bags (larger than 10”x 8”x 8”)" could be a problem. I want one large enough to hold my program. In 2015 I used my bag from 2003 Worlds that was perfect for holding a program and various things.

Food & Beverage

If you like lots of carbs, salt, and grease, you will be happy. ;)

Debbie S

The "fresh carved sandwiches" sound promising. But there is also a "cafe" downstairs at the Fan Fest. In 2011, they had catering and it was awesome. In 2015, they went low budget and only a couple items which I heard were kind of gross. Hoping for better food this time around.

paskatefan

I still have my clear USFS bag from 2015 Nationals in Greensboro. Hope that will be acceptable!

my3sons

I think the list of prohibited items is a blanket list for everything and it will probably depend on the organizers. For instance, the reason why they say no folding chairs is because they have the Aquatic Center where the swimmers usually bring their own folding chairs. I think they have always had the same list and never had a problem bringing in a tote bag.

Lacey

Is everyone going to laugh at me for asking if personal water bottles are permitted?

(I am thinking that this might be a shuttle bus-type question: been asked a million times.)

Debbie S

Is everyone going to laugh at me for asking if personal water bottles are permitted?
No. But you can put one in your coat pocket and they won't check there. ;)

Or do you mean a refillable bottle? My guess is no, but I've never tried.

Carolla5501

Well in my opinion any water bottle is refillable. But I have noticed lately that places are getting much more relaxed about refillable bottles.

Lacey

I do mean a refillable bottle, like S'well, I have a child-sized one that fits in my purse. The only trouble is that I can't stand the taste of fountain water with which one might refill it. Might have to run out to the car to refill with my bought water bottles that are too big to bring in.

DreamSkates

I do mean a refillable bottle, like S'well, I have a child-sized one that fits in my purse. The only trouble is that I can't stand the taste of fountain water with which one might refill it. Might have to run out to the car to refill with my bought water bottles that are too big to bring in.
That's a great idea to keep water in the car. Much better than the $$$ of water at the coliseum. I might have to store some fruit, too!

b-man

We called on Monday and were able to get one! Parking is free next Monday so we will be able to pick up pass from Will Call then.

I ordered parking pass around Dec 18, was told delivery in about 2 weeks. Followed up to box office Jan 9-10, could only leave voice mails. Got a live person the 13th, who promised to mail pass quickly. Leaving for Greensboro Tuesday with no parking pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information