Reviews for 'Spinning Out' (Netflix's Figure Skating Drama) - who's watching?

Miezekatze

The drinking is just not realistic isn't it ? How can any of those skaters stand straight on their skates during practice the next day with the amount of regular drinking going on in this series.

After the legendary parties at the hotel bar in Gelsenkirchen I encountered during the best years of Bofrost cup, I'm absolutely sure they can :shuffle: Adam Rippons book didn't give a very abstinent impression either...

Ok, the intense drinking usually took place on the evening after the last competition day, but after all the skaters DID manage to show up for training in the morning for the exhibition (at least physically) and get through the exhibition in one piece. It does maybe explain though, why exhibition skates are often extraordinarily lackluster :lol:

yfbg722

Another Kat Baker here. Despite picking Twizzle because it was the only ice trick where my feet didn't have to leave the ice!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
This a series is terrible and I can’t stop watching
I know! Right?

My daughter who is a LCSW and is not into skating LOVES the show. Binge watched the entire thing. I am now watching, and I can't stop. Such a train wreck!

I did notice one thing that made me laugh. In one episode Kate has a poster of Nagasu in her red dress. Another episode had Ashley in her red dress.....same place, different poster LOL!

AJ Skatefan

I know! Right?

My daughter who is a LCSW and is not into skating LOVES the show. Binge watched the entire thing. I am now watching, and I can't stop. Such a train wreck!

I did notice one thing that made me laugh. In one episode Kate has a poster of Nagasu in her red dress. Another episode had Ashley in her red dress.....same place, different poster LOL!

I noticed that too!

insideedgeua

I know! Right?

In episode one, one of the sisters has two big posters in her room, one of Mirai and one of Ashley.

Miezekatze

I really enjoyed the show overall, I think it got a lot better towards the end.

Would be nice if they made a 2nd season.

I was especially impressed with January Jones in the end. At the beginning I thought her character would be very one dimensional, but overall I think she had the most interesting role and portrayed it very well. Kat could be a bit annoying (of course I got her in the which character are you quiz :lol: ).

dramagrrl

Three of the skaters who were skating doubles on this show won medals at Canadians today - Evelyn Walsh and Trennt Michaud, who won the silver medal in pairs, and Madeline Schizas, who won the bronze in the ladies event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information