From Russia with Love [#35]: Winter 2019

Tinami Amori

The ratings indicate that Anastasia SHPILEVAYA is attracting more audience to the event, with her big, beautiful eyes..

Nadya

Evgeniy Pluschenko, his son, and other friends and family members are staring in (his wife's Yana Rudkovskaya) new TV Reality Show - "Yana Super". The shows is announced as "the closest russian analog to the Kardashians. the episodes will raise many interesting life's questions and situations".

I hope they realize proximity to Kardashians isn't really a compliment.

Nadya

Evgeniy Pluschenko, his son, and other friends and family members are staring in (his wife's Yana Rudkovskaya) new TV Reality Show - "Yana Super". The shows is announced as "the closest russian analog to the Kardashians. the episodes will raise many interesting life's questions and situations".

Love the biblical references - a flirty snake, tons of once-bitten apples (as if they were looking for the one that tasted just right), Baba Yana photoshopped within an inch of her long life, and Plushy adorned with a see-through polyester shirt and a fresh bleach job.

Polaris

I'm sure she wants to show two beautiful programs performed to the best of her ability, but honestly, she is probably battling with Tuktamysheva for fourth and wouldn't be qualifying for late season competitions regardless.

Results on the ice rarely end up agreeing with what's most rational, else predictions wouldn't be upended so constantly.

Tinami Amori

Love the biblical references - a flirty snake, tons of once-bitten apples (as if they were looking for the one that tasted just right), Baba Yana photoshopped within an inch of her long life, and Plushy adorned with a see-through polyester shirt and a fresh bleach job.
I care less about the photos, than about the content of this show. I did watch segments of couple of episodes (10 total as of now), to get an "idea" before judging it.

I am baffled... The couple is putting forward on the screen exactly what people dislike about them.. showing off their luxury living, bringing up issues how everyone offends them and misunderstands them, plastic surgeries, gala balls, high society, the "secret fake mistress", and worst yet Pluschenko is demonstrating how tough he is at his ice rink and how he yells at people and orders them around.... :lol:
@ 17:35 he is yelling at his son.... which is nothing terrible in reality, but looks bad on camera...
@ 17:50 he is yelling at the rink manager, instructing her to kick out of the rink one of the kid's grandmother. Then he yells to the grandmother "get out! this is not a collective farm or a village square".... :lol:. Then he says "During my groups - no parents at the boards. if parents misbehave, i hate to do it, but the kids will suffer.... "..

I don't understand why are they trying to piss off even more people with things that already piss off many..... Usually one goes on TV to improve one's image and show the good side......

Last edited:

zebraswan

I can't stand to see or hear about either of these families any more, so they have that much in common.

Nadya

I care less about the photos, than about the content of this show. I did watch segments of couple of episodes (10 total as of now), to get an "idea" before judging it.

I am baffled... The couple is putting forward on the screen exactly what people dislike about them.. showing off their luxury living, bringing up issues how everyone offends them and misunderstands them, plastic surgeries, gala balls, high society, the "secret fake mistress", and worst yet Pluschenko is demonstrating how tough he is at his ice rink and how he yells at people and orders them around.... :lol:
@ 17:35 he is yelling at his son.... which is nothing terrible in reality, but looks bad on camera...
@ 17:50 he is yelling at the rink manager, instructing her to kick out of the rink one of the kid's grandmother. Then he yells to the grandmother "get out! this is not a collective farm or a village square".... :lol:. Then he says "During my groups - no parents at the boards. if parents misbehave, i hate to do it, but the kids will suffer.... "..

I don't understand why are they trying to piss off even more people with things that already piss off many..... Usually one goes on TV to improve one's image and show the good side......
No, one goes on TV to display content that viewers will want to watch=advertisers will want to place. They know exactly how obnoxious they are and that people "hate" them, but these same people love to hate them so they are likely to tune in and watch. Advertisers will look at the eyeballs and if the numbers look good, spots will be booked and Baba Yana & Fam will make money. it really has nothing to do with the image improvement.

Tinami Amori

No, one goes on TV to display content that viewers will want to watch=advertisers will want to place. They know exactly how obnoxious they are and that people "hate" them, but these same people love to hate them so they are likely to tune in and watch. Advertisers will look at the eyeballs and if the numbers look good, spots will be booked and Baba Yana & Fam will make money. it really has nothing to do with the image improvement.
You're right. It's either the producers write "love to hate" scripts and characters, or reality stars who are pragmatic and have only sensationalism to sell, go for this type of image. But Plusch/Rudkovskaya go to the press and cry that they sincerely don't understand "why people hate them". These two honestly think they are a model family... :lol:

It's the same thing as with Popova/Mozgov, they both post for example a photo like this, at the same time on both of their Open Account IG's, and then cry "why do people dislike us"....

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I am watching episode 7 of the Rudkovskaya/Plushenko shitshow atm.

Plushenko: "Having a lot of money hasn't spoiled me."
Next scene:
He goes car shopping with his kid at some luxury car dealer place and ends up with buying another Rolls Royce, whereas his kid dreams of having a nice camping mobile to be there with his parents.

jenny12

I didn’t realize that it is considered whining to state that I felt Liza could beat Trusova if she skates clean and Trusova falls, and that my opinion is that Trusova is all about the jumps.

While I’m not a fan of Trusova by any means, is Liza any less all about the jumps than she is? Liza has the best jump technique and deserves credit for that but her skating skills are nothing to write home about.

starrynight

By virtue of having been around for a while, Tuktamysheva has a clear individual personality and style that people (like me) find appealing.

Tuktamysheva has a back story of overcoming adversity and also a fun flirty appeal that creates a big part of her current image.

If Trusova stays competing into adulthood and battles through some highs and lows she will be the same too. If she doesn’t retire in her teens she may have similar appeal.

Mad for Skating

All Russian skaters are so gorgeous. Missing Zagitova's beautiful face. Boikova's firm hold on Kozlovski made me laugh.

Same! I was watching the whole event thinking "why is everyone so pretty?" Panfilova in particular caught my eye.

The ratings indicate that Anastasia SHPILEVAYA is attracting more audience to the event, with her big, beautiful eyes..

Well, she's a beautiful girl. Nothing wrong with that.

Skibean

While I’m not a fan of Trusova by any means, is Liza any less all about the jumps than she is? Liza has the best jump technique and deserves credit for that but her skating skills are nothing to write home about.

My post clearly stated that if Trusova falls and Liza skates clean, I feel that Liza should beat her. Would you disagree? Liza appears to have the quad and triple axel. Ifshe had a performance similar to her GPF performance and Liza skates clean, then I would absolutely give the nod to Liza. I understand your point about skating skills. This is something Liza and Trusova both seem to struggle with.

Now if Trusova goes clean then we all know that’s another story. For all the girls. She would win easily.

Nadya

I am watching episode 7 of the Rudkovskaya/Plushenko shitshow atm.

Plushenko: "Having a lot of money hasn't spoiled me."
Next scene:
He goes car shopping with his kid at some luxury car dealer place and ends up with buying another Rolls Royce, whereas his kid dreams of having a nice camping mobile to be there with his parents.
I believe he has an endorsement contract with Rolls Royce. Because clearly if you were in the market for a Rolls Royce, that's exactly what would move you.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I understand your point about skating skills. This is something Liza and Trusova both seem to struggle with.

Trusova's skating skills are way ahead of Tuk's. More ice coverage, more multi-directional skating, more clean edges and steps.

Of the other PCS marks, I'd generally give Tuk the edge on Performance: style, personality, variety, contrasts, projection, and on Interpretation: personal, creative, and genuine translation of the rhythm, character and content of music to movement on ice.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
A bit early for new programs/music news, but Evgenia has just announced that her next year's LP will be to Alegria from Cirque Du Soleil

She's always the first. I remember she was the first to announce her LP music last time as well. :)

Sylvia

TBD
Article in English:

ETA link to her Channel 1 interview about withdrawing:

Last edited:

barbarafan

Well, Medvedeva is out of Russian Nationals, she apparently withdrew due to her boot issues and no longer listed for the FS. She really can't catch a break...
It was the right decision for her as a human being but I am sure her team had to talk her into it. That boot was done and the potential of career ending injury was so high she is worth much more than the one event. Yes it means her season is ended and I sure she is heartsore but she is not heartbroken because her heart and soul are so strong and she has been through much worse and survived. It is such sh**itty luck. I feel like crap and I am so sorry for her and her team.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

It was the right decision for her as a human being but I am sure her team had to talk her into it. That boot was done and the potential of career ending injury was so high she is worth much more than the one event. Yes it means her season is ended and I sure she is heartsore but she is not heartbroken because her heart and soul are so strong and she has been through much worse and survived. It is such sh**itty luck. I feel like crap and I am so sorry for her and her team.

Skating at the elite level considers so many variables. Equipment failures sometimes happen at the worst-possible moments, too.

I am reminded of Barbie Underhill's boot issues at the 1984 Olympic Games.

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
For me Scherbakova, Frolova, and Sinitsyna were the highlights of the LP. Both Kostornaia and Trusova looked tired so hopefully they get some rest before Europeans. It will be interesting to see who wins that though.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
For me Scherbakova, Frolova, and Sinitsyna were the highlights of the LP. Both Kostornaia and Trusova looked tired so hopefully they get some rest before Europeans. It will be interesting to see who wins that though.
Several of the skaters who were at the GPF said they were really tired. They really did have a short turn around. But, hopefully they can take a short break for the holidays before regrouping for Euros.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information