Australian skating news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orm Irian

How does that work, if you don't mind me asking?

You just download the Opera browser from the Google store (for PCs - I can't remember if there's a Mac version I'm afraid), then go into the browser's settings and tell it to turn on its built-in VPN. Voila: access to geoblocked ISU livestreams achieved!

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I just fired off a bunch of emails: SBS, ISU and Insport. I don't expect I will get responses before CoC is over (although it is still morning in Europe), but I felt it was past time my frustrations were expressed.

I can't help but feel the ISU thinks they can push us around because we're little.

misskarne

I'll just be over here dying of laughter at the whole business... :lol:

I only figured this out after ten minutes of frantic scrambling with my VPN trying to get CBC and qq to work and failing at both and panicking I would miss Kailani...

barbarafan

So I just rang SBS. Apparently there will be NO BROADCAST AT ALL due to rights issues.

And we're still geoblocked.
this one is working for me....it is Japan and China but I am getting it
I also get the isu and cbc

misskarne

this one is working for me....it is Japan and China but I am getting it
I also get the isu and cbc

Thanks! But we got magically unblocked right before ladies!

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Massive improvement in the free skate this season for Kerry. Seemed to be phoning it in there for a while.

Here's hoping Brendan can at least maintain that short program score in the mid to high seventies, so that he makes the cut-off at Worlds in Montreal. With the way things are going this season, an eighty plus score may be needed to qualify for the free skate.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Who are the new junior pairs team?
Campbell Young (born 12/12/05) & Tremayne Bevan are the new Junior pair listed for Nationals. She competed & placed 6th in Novice at 2019 U.S. Nationals with Mikhail Gumba (now Johnson & paired with Winter Deardorff in Junior).

I'll post @sammyf's AUS entries link in the Nationals forum in Kiss & Cry.

sammyf

Campbell Young (born 12/12/05) & Tremayne Bevan are the new Junior pair listed for Nationals. She competed & placed 6th in Novice at 2019 U.S. Nationals with Mikhail Gumba (now Johnson & paired with Winter Deardorff in Junior).

I'll post @sammyf's AUS entries link in the Nationals forum in Kiss & Cry.

Thanks. He was the AUS junior pairs champ in 17/18 season so they both have previous pairs experience. Good luck to them.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Thanks. He was the AUS junior pairs champ in 17/18 season so they both have previous pairs experience. Good luck to them.

Having seen him in exhibition with his previous partner, Bevan's talent lies in pairs partnering. I'm glad he's giving it another shot.

Last edited:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Wow. The Junior Ladies' event at Nationals next month is going to be very exciting. I anticipate Victoria Alcantara, Amelie Tabor, Simoe Aubrecht, and Vlada Vasilev fighting it out for the podium.

Marco

Just saw Kailani's performances at CoC. Programs were wonderful, spins were fantastic. Loop looked better (sharper) but she still got called UR on one. Lutz was still an issue and I think she would go back to 2 3flips.

I think working on speed and power will help her with jump height and also with PCS. I feel her overall package deserved much better reward by the judges and the lack of power seemed to have lessened all the impact of her skating.

Not that it matters but she is beautiful.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Just saw Kailani's performances at CoC. Programs were wonderful, spins were fantastic. Loop looked better (sharper) but she still got called UR on one. Lutz was still an issue and I think she would go back to 2 3flips.

I think working on speed and power will help her with jump height and also with PCS. I feel her overall package deserved much better reward by the judges and the lack of power seemed to have lessened all the impact of her skating.

Not that it matters but she is beautiful.

I looked at the protocols for Craine's free skate at the Cup of China. I am concerned that she got four < calls and one ! for her jumps. These issues are standards which have plagued her for some years.

I'm thinking at this stage of the game, it is probably all about trying to maintain what she is doing, because there really doesn't seem to be any improvement in that area. Saying a skater should generate more speed to gain more power is one thing. But undoing old habits are quite another, and when a skater does something they aren't used to (ie skate faster), it is much harder to control jump consistency because the timing is different.

Making the cut in Montreal will be a challenge, unless she gets a score in the high fifties. It sounds like she is going for the 3loop/3loop combo in the short again. So, a clean skate should get her through if she does it.

Moving forward, I guess the goal is to make the Olympic Team for Beijing. Craine can really sell a program, though.

Last edited:

Marco

It is a shame she isn't going for any 3toe combos tho - but then she can't even get through any 2toe combos at CoC...

mag

It is a shame she isn't going for any 3toe combos tho - but then she can't even get through any 2toe combos at CoC...

Does Kailani have a 3T? Her toe technique is so weird I suspect if she has landed it, it wouldn’t be a stable jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information