Australian skating news

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammyf

I just watched Holly Harris and Jason Chan's senior free dance. It was great! This was their first performance of the free and Holly told me they only had two weeks to practice. They have made excellent progress for such a short time. The dance was quite complete. The free dance lifts were much better than the short dance lift.

They are a cute and promising team.

If marks were not online, check back later. Usually there's a delay.
There will be no official marks for this event.
According to the VIC min scores page https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...HJ8UkpHjCQR/pubhtml?gid=599235396&single=true their RD TES score was 30.10.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
For the men:

9 James MIN AUS 57.01 (3A called UR, unclear edge on flip)
12 Jordan DODDS AUS 49.53 (fell on 3T-3T, also called downgrade)

Looks like Charlton Doherty must have withdrawn.

firstflight

I’m not Australian but several posts in this thread stood out.

What is with the Harris/Chan partnership having cryptic posts surrounding the process? Why was there an event they participated in that needed any sort of interpretation by posters on this board?

barbarafan

They really are that great in person. Looking forward to seeing them make a splash at the Warsaw Cup.
Can't wait....I am hoping for a livestream. My favs (Fabbri/Ayer) will be there as well. This is their 1st Senior yr and Senior Int'l. This is their 2nd season together as a team & they moved to Gadbois over the summer. I counted 6 teams from Gadbois entered at Warsaw. There will be lots of bodies to look after and support the babies.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Can't wait....I am hoping for a livestream. My favs (Fabbri/Ayer) will be there as well. This is their 1st Senior yr and Senior Int'l. This is their 2nd season together as a team & they moved to Gadbois over the summer. I counted 6 teams from Gadbois entered at Warsaw. There will be lots of bodies to look after and support the babies.

Me, too. Hopefully some good soul will capture the event and post it to YouTube.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Here is the schedule for the upcoming Nationals. Who are the new junior pairs team?

To the best of my knowledge, there weren't any junior pairs competing in any of the state / territory championships.

The only team I can think of are Karina AKOPOVA / Hektor Giotopoulos MOORE who competed in the junior short program at the Crystal Challenge in 2018. They haven't competed since, and may have split up.

nimi

The only team I can think of are Karina AKOPOVA / Hektor Giotopoulos MOORE who competed in the junior short program at the Crystal Challenge in 2018. They haven't competed since, and may have split up.
Hektor has since teamed up with a Finnish jr skater called Milania Väänänen (source). AFAIK they haven't made their competitive debut yet but if/when they do, they're going to represent Finland I think.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Hektor has since teamed up with a Finnish jr skater called Milania Väänänen (source). AFAIK they haven't made their competitive debut yet but if/when they do, they're going to represent Finland I think.

Milania Väänänen looks like a very good all - round skater. I found a clip of her competing in ladies' singles at the Junior Grand Prix of Ostrava last year.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Looks like Australia has access to the ISU Grand Prix - Cup of China livestream this week.

I checked all of the YouTube links and they're not geo-blocked.

Competition starts with the Rhythm Dance. Just follow the links after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTNX-RNHhtE

I was just coming in to post this.

I guess I can put that angry email back in my drafts for a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information