Yuzuru Hanyu Cheer Thread

nimi

Now that Yuzu FINALLY got his Skate Canada gold, maybe it's a sign that this season we'll see him grab the elusive 4CC gold as well? :D

I'm also happy to see him land that cool new combo he was seen practicing during ACI. Also, that became the highest scoring element ever!

Meoima

Last edited:

DreamSkates

Has he done this short program before?
Edit: or maybe the music just seems very familiar. And/or he is so smooth, relaxed and confident it seems he's been doing this program for years. It's a beautiful program.

Last edited:

Meoima

Rod: “There is talk, Tracy, that this guy wants to try a quad axel.”
Tracy: “Well he HAS tried a quad axel, he’s tried a number of them, in my opinion, it’s frightening, as he hurls himself into the air, but with Yuzuru anything is possible.”
From TSN fluff: https://youtu.be/2PqweASB480

clairecloutier

An interview with Yuzuru that was translated on Twitter:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
An interview with Yuzuru that was translated on Twitter:

I still don’t get it. Is he saying that he prerotates the quad lutz? Yuzuru is so well behaved. I love it that he is such a good person, and success in the sport has not spoiled him.

Amantide

Yuzuru's skating takes my breath away. I don't know what to say about this guy, words don't do him justice. He's perfection even in his imperfection. He is the embodiment of sport and artistry that is the essence of this beautiful sport. And I am so happy he decided to continue competing. Long may he keep doing so. STUNNING! :encore::swoon::love:🥰🙌👏

Meoima

I still don’t get it. Is he saying that he prerotates the quad lutz? Yuzuru is so well behaved. I love it that he is such a good person, and success in the sport has not spoiled him.
No, he means that no matter how much he has tried, he CAN NOT pre-rotate the Lutz jump like many of the current skaters. You can see his Lutz here: https://youtu.be/6absxQgzzWk
He always points the Toe pick out to prevent pre-rotation. He also does that for the Flip jump.

Meoima

Yuzuru said, last year he was really tired and was not so focused so he almost wanted to do the 4A then retire already, but since he has been sacrificing so much, he does not want to just stop there aka half-hearted for his sacrifice:
Interview from Olympic Channel: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/exclusive-hanyu-things-coming-together/
He knows that he tends to get injured in the second GP so he will be careful with that.
He thinks his ideal skating with difficult jumps like the 4lz or 4A are comming together.

Fiero425

Yuzuru said, last year he was really tired and was not so focused so he almost wanted to do the 4A then retire already, but since he has been sacrificing so much, he does not want to just stop there aka half-hearted for his sacrifice:
Interview from Olympic Channel: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/video/detail/exclusive-hanyu-things-coming-together/
He knows that he tends to get injured in the second GP so he will be careful with that.
He thinks his ideal skating with difficult jumps like the 4lz or 4A are comming together.

If he's training to do a 4A, get the wheelchair ready! He's already trying to overcome niggling aches & pains; now I hear this! Those harnesses can only do so much so there's going to be a lot of "crash & burn" to "get there!" :duh:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
If he's training to do a 4A, get the wheelchair ready! He's already trying to overcome niggling aches & pains; now I hear this! Those harnesses can only do so much so there's going to be a lot of "crash & burn" to "get there!" :duh:

I think the skaters know the risks better than any of us, and they want to take risks. It is their life.

nimi

I'm so glad he made it through the NHK just fine. Hopefully the Torino ice will be kind to him too!
I admit I'm a bit worried about him possibly going for the 4Lz in his GPF FS... #PrayerCircleForYuzu'sAnkles

ICYMI: In one of his TV appearances circa NHK he presented a pie chart about his daily schedule in Canada. Somebody on twitter provided English translation, so I though I'd share it here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information