Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballettmaus

Not a fan of Victoria's pink dress but I don't like Sofia's dress either. (Probably because I'm generally not a fan of flower prints). I did like the gowns for the South Korean State visit though. And Oscar was smiling again! :D

I like Maxima's dress but I thought the necklace was too much. It's a busy dress and a very heavy necklace. I think a smaller one that didn't "interfere" with the dress would have been better.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Oh, that wasn't one of Queen Silvia's gowns - it's something new from an up and coming designer. Good on Victoria for trying something different and giving that designer a boost.

I swear I read that it was her mother's gown 25 yrs ago. But now I don't find any reference to that. SMH

OK, if the gown was new & she chose it...WOW! :scream:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Meghan clearly should do whatever she likes. I only hope that she is encouraged to unplug and just enjoy this time with Archie. She is in the enviable place of having absolutely nothing to worry about except enjoying her baby. She isn’t destined to be Queen, there really is no hurry or urgency to work unless that is what she wants. They grow up so fast and, who knows, they may be her only one. Instagram, Vogue, and all her patronages will be there in September or October, or heck, even January or April. Babies are only babies for a short time.

Yeah, I'm quite sure the Duchess of Sussex is enjoying this time at Frogmore Cottage with her husband and their baby, Archie. That's exactly what I've seen reported. It's an idyllic setting and from all reports I've seen, they are at peace together in that setting, welcoming frequent visits by family and friends. Looking from the outside in, fans, neutral observers, and OTT haters continue to wonder, to speculate, or to create outlandish scenarios. There is so much we don't know and never will know (although hopefully diaries are being kept for posterity). ;)

It would be nice if the over-attention, particularly by the OTT tabloids and haters would cease. Fortunately, Meghan never focuses on any of the negativity. She is surely enjoying each moment to the fullest with gratitude and fulfillment, just as she has always done in her remarkable life journey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXlZtmZ8F6k Former Instagram (snippets from a life well-lived) Fast Version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-FRur6hUJA Slower Version with delightful video of a guitar solo tribute to Meghan by Martina Sorbara (of Canadian group, Dragonette) singing I'm Every Woman -- After Meghan broke up with Cory Vitiello, Sorbara and Vitiello got together, probably with Meghan's good wishes, and they now have a son together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEN4bUqxF_I The Sussexes' cool love story captured in photos

Harry and Meghan surely have their hands and their hearts full with Archie right now. But I don't doubt they will try for and successfully be blessed with at least one more child. Meghan appears to be quite healthy. And the royals of course have access to the best health care money can buy.

But actually since Doria arrived a week before Archie's birth and stayed 2 weeks ... that seems very normal.

It was reported that Doria Ragland arrived two weeks before Archie was born, and she stayed with the Sussexes for two weeks afterward before returning home to L.A.

Last edited:

taf2002

The gown she wore to the Nobel Prize ceremony this year is a recent example. But with Victoria I can never tell if it's retro or truly vintage ;)

And while the Swedish royals have been dressing up, the Danes went running. The kids look so grown up!

Crown Prince Frederick has absolutely NO booty.

Lorac

Another picture of Archie, I mean Tessa/Scott's secret baby:

What a lovely picture. And we still have no idea of hair colour - not that he has much anyway 😊. I suspect Meghan took that picture as Archies eyes are focused on the picture taker and Mom would be a safe bet.

canbelto

In other news the comments section in the kensingtonroyal Father's Day pic is nuts:

Meltdowns galore that the only picture is of Louis and there's no Charlotte and George. Some have commented that there's few actual pictures of just William and Charlotte, which is ... true. In most of the official photos I've seen William is holding George or Louis, and Kate has Charlotte.

liv

Archie looks just like Meghan, at least from what you can tell... and at this point. We all know they change a gazillion times when little, but at this particular moment, it's all mom.

canbelto

Archie looks just like Meghan, at least from what you can tell... and at this point. We all know they change a gazillion times when little, but at this particular moment, it's all mom.

Well that would be consistent with the Spencer genes somehow not appearing in any of William or Harry's children.
Charlotte and George are 100% Windsor looking.
Louis is 100% Middleton.
From the looks Archie favors Meghan. Although it's hard to tell at 1 month.

taf2002

Well that would be consistent with the Spencer genes somehow not appearing in any of William or Harry's children.
Charlotte and George are 100% Windsor looking.
Louis is 100% Middleton.
From the looks Archie favors Meghan. Although it's hard to tell at 1 month.

I'm not that great at who a baby looks like but IMO Louis looks a lot like George did at that age. And I would need more than 1/3 of his face to tell who Archie looks like.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Some have commented that there are few actual pictures of just William and Charlotte... In most of the official photos I've seen William is holding George or Louis, and Kate has Charlotte.

There aren't a huge amount of official Cambridge family photos. What we do see of official photos are usually Christmas photos or other occasions such as Prince Charles' 70th birthday group family photo. In any case, we mostly get to see casual public photos. There are plenty of intimate family photos the public never sees. Whatever the public sees is no indication of what the family relationships and interactions are. In any case, there are photos available of William interacting with Charlotte:

Meanwhile, little Archie does appear to have inherited his Mom's nose and at least the shape and set of her eyes, as well as probably a bit of olive-toned coloring (based on the earlier newborn picture in May). The latest Archie photo is in b&w so what little hair he has doesn't show coloring. I still suspect he will have some shade of red hair. :) But babies do change over time as they grow. It's cute the way Archie is clutching his Dad's finger and staring so intently at the camera, with likely Mom Meghan taking the snapshot. The London Times has reported that Archie will be christened at St. George's Chapel sometime in July. But there hasn't been any official confirmation.

The below article shows the Sussex Instagram photo honoring Father's Day, as well as including the FD tribute photos posted on the Royal Family's Instagram, KP's Instagram, and Clarence House's Instagram:

More details about the Sussexes' hiring of a nanny who will not be living in at Frogmore, nor working on the weekends:

aftershocks

Banned Member
... the Spencer genes somehow not appearing in any of William or Harry's children

:lol: Prince George has a bit of Diana's fair coloring and seemingly some of her personality too, along with a lot of his Middleton grandpa's facial features, his mother's eyes, and the Windsor knock-knees. IMO, Princess Charlotte takes more after the Windsor side physically, while Prince Louis appears to take more after the Middleton side, with a bit of Spencer thrown in there as well, just like his brother, Prince George.

Biologically-speaking, a mix of family genes are always inherited by offspring, whether or not anyone can visually detect evidence of particular gene inheritance. :p

As well, Archie still has time to grow, change, and reveal his unique inheritance from both of his parents.

PDilemma

More details about the Sussexes' hiring of a nanny who will not be living in at Frogmore, nor working on the weekends:

Right, she won't. Not ever. Because they are going to have a toddler in the carriage at Trooping. And they are going to strap an infant in a sling on her to go to weekend formal events that royals go to on occasion. And no need to ever stay at Frogmore because they will be pulling that kid out of school for every brief overnight trip to an event elsewhere in Europe.

Your BS meter doesn't work very well. You may want to get that checked.

antmanb

MLIS

Queen Maxima always looks like she's having the best time ever!

Queen Max is life goals for me. She always looks like she is having so much fun, she is engaged and game for anything, she has three beautiful daughters, and she has a husband who looks at her, even after decades of marriage, like he simply can't believe his luck. And he's the king! You never know what's going on behind palace doors, of course, but I think she's the best.

taf2002

Right, she won't. Not ever. Because they are going to have a toddler in the carriage at Trooping. And they are going to strap an infant in a sling on her to go to weekend formal events that royals go to on occasion. And no need to ever stay at Frogmore because they will be pulling that kid out of school for every brief overnight trip to an event elsewhere in Europe.

I don't understand this post.

Actually the part I took issue with is this: "Biologically-speaking, a mix of family genes are always inherited by offspring, whether or not anyone can visually detect evidence of particular gene inheritance. :p"

Well duh! I think most people here have a grasp of basic genetics.

mag

I don't understand this post.

I think what @PDilemma was remarking on was the inference that Harry and Megan were going to do all the parenting at night and on the weekends. Her point seemed to be that it was ridiculous to assume that. Of course they won’t be! Not unless one or both of them is suddenly going to disappear from public life, or they are never going to attend evening or weekend events together, or Meghan’s mother is going to up and move to London. I suspect what is accurate is that while Meghan is on mat leave, the nanny may not live at Frogmore. William and Kate did not even employ a nanny when Kate was on mat leave with George and I believe their current nanny works Monday to Friday with extra shifts as required for special weekend events and tours. She does, however, live in. (and no, this is not a comparison or a slight to Meghan and Harry. It is simply a fact used to demonstrate that a full time live in nanny is not a requirement during mat leave especially for a first child.)

Once Meghan returns to royal duties, they will either get more help for the times they are both working/out evenings and weekends, or the current nanny will work more flexible hours. Whether or not she moves in, who knows. Given housing prices and commute times, it is possible they will find it easier to retain someone who lives in. She may also live in staff quarters at Windsor - so it may be technically true that she doesn’t live at Frogmore, but she is essentially living in.

What I find amusing is either the media’s need (or the Sussex’s media people’s need - not sure where the information is coming from) to try and downplay the fact that Harry and Meghan have and will continue to have hot and cold running servants. Is that really a shock to anyone? Does anyone really think they are cleaning their own bathrooms and and doing their own laundry? Sure they may cook dinner for themselves, but when they don’t feel like it or don’t have time, there is someone there to do it for them. They are royalty for heaven sakes! It is their duty to provide employment. I find all this “they are just like us” BS quite strange. No, they are not. If they were, they would not be royalty.

For the record, I have the same reaction with we hear similar things about the Cambridge’s. That seems to have been toned down a bit now which is a good thing. I am sure we will also hear all about how Meghan is a “full time working Royal” when, by anybody’s definition she will be part time. It was the same with Kate after George was born. Now that it appears she may be finished having kids, she really is working much more. Again, I assume Meghan will eventually work her hours up, but she will most likely be quite part time for the next couple of years.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Right, she won't. Not ever. Because they are going to have a toddler in the carriage at Trooping. And they are going to strap an infant in a sling on her to go to weekend formal events that royals go to on occasion. And no need to ever stay at Frogmore because they will be pulling that kid out of school for every brief overnight trip to an event elsewhere in Europe. Your BS meter doesn't work very well. You may want to get that checked.

I have no idea what you are exaggeratedly going off about or why. :drama:

The fact that it has been reported the Sussexes aren't planning to have their nanny live-in at Frogmore or work on weekends, doesn't mean the newly hired nanny might not stay over at Frogmore on occasion, or that she will never work on weekends. Rather than calling out BS, why not simply use common sense, and stop with the OTT need to find fault with anything and everything Meghan-related.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Actually the part I took issue with is this: "Biologically-speaking, a mix of family genes are always inherited by offspring, whether or not anyone can visually detect evidence of particular gene inheritance. :p"

Well duh! I think most people here have a grasp of basic genetics.

Well, what I took issue with is this: @canbelto suggesting that "the Spencer genes somehow don't appear in any of William's or Harry's children."

Biologically-speaking, that's not true, period. :p I don't think it takes a grasp of basic genetics to understand that. It's a matter of common sense.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Actually, genetics dictates that some genes are not expressed in favor of others. That's the way diversity works. Dominate genes are expressed. Recessive are not unless there are two recessive copies of the particular gene. Therefore, it is not unlikely that traits from a particular ancestor are lost in successive generations. Or the recessive gene is carried along. It depends on the gene and happenstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information