Site Upgrade

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Do let us know of any further issues if they arise. 🙌

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
At least for me, some emoticons that have already been posted don't appear anywhere in the post. Here for example.
Looks ok to me?
v3UlOUD.png

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Not sure what I am replying to since FSU site is nearly unreadable on my ancient iPad (mostly a completely blue screen or else avatars stretching for dozens of screen lengths of narrow bands of color) except on the home page? I am assuming this has something to do with a recent upgrade?

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
Before the upgrade, there was a (y) and a :love: (mine) to show that it had been "Liked." I don't see the emojis, but I am given the "Remove" option.
I'll look in to it.
Not sure what I am replying to since FSU site is nearly unreadable on my ancient iPad (mostly a completely blue screen or else avatars stretching for dozens of screen lengths of narrow bands of color) except on the home page? I am assuming this has something to do with a recent upgrade?
Probably an issue relating to the ancient iPad. Which one is it, exactly?

aftershocks

Banned Member
With the new upgrade, is there any particular technical reason why the 'like' icons appear now on the left of the screen instead of the right? It's slightly disconcerting at first. As with every new change, it takes a bit of getting used to.

Server Guy

Administrator
Staff member
With the new upgrade, is there any particular technical reason why the 'like' icons appear now on the left of the screen instead of the right? It's slightly disconcerting at first. As with every new change, it takes a bit of getting used to.
Nope, they're back on the right now. Hope you didn't spend too long getting used to them being on the left!

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
After I signed in, I received a notification at the bottom. It mentioned that FSU wanted to know if I wished to enable "Push Notifications". I wasn't sure what it would do, but I allowed it.

I then noticed that I had a notification from FSU on the bottom right of my task bar. It's where I receive notifications from my Weather Channel app and when Windows Defender has done a quick scan, etc.

I think that's pretty neat. It says "Push Notifications enabled successfully at FSUniverse. Thank you for enabling push notifications!"

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
OH - so glad to have found this thread. I was going a little nuts trying to find out what I had done to mess things up.
There are so many mysteries to the internet and I always assume it is all my fault.

once_upon

Better off now than 4 years ago? Have TP now
I apparently enabled push notifications. I don't want alarms in the middle of night or other times I have phone silenced. How the heck do I turn it off?
For now I'm logging out of FSU and hope that will silence any notifications

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I apparently enabled push notifications. I don't want alarms in the middle of night or other times I have phone silenced. How the heck do I turn it off?
For now I'm logging out of FSU and hope that will silence any notifications
You can turn it off under your preferences. I looked it up in case I change my mind and want to turn them on.

honey

Is there any way to choose to turn off the thumbnails that are now appearing with links? On my phone especially it’s not great to look at. It makes messages look longer, causes more scrolling etc...Woukd love an option to disable this! :)

Reuven

Official FSU Alte Kacher
I’ve noticed that now, on the thread list page, post counts over 999 get listed only as Xk rather than the full count. I found having the full count was handy to see how many posts there are to read. Is there a fix for that? Thanks for all you do, @SHARPIE And @Server Guy!

quartz

scratching at the light
I don’t have the push notification but it doesn’t sound like something I want anyways?

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I’ve noticed that now, on the thread list page, post counts over 999 get listed only as Xk rather than the full count. I found having the full count was handy to see how many posts there are to read. Is there a fix for that? Thanks for all you do, @SHARPIE And @Server Guy!

Yes, me too. I also like to see the full count.

Also the "talking bubbles" on the left of the main Forums page no longer indicates if there are new comments/threads. They're all "empty" as if there's nothing new been added to any of the threads.

Thank you so much.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
You can turn it off under your preferences. I looked it up in case I change my mind and want to turn them on.

You can also turn them off in the notifications area on the taskbar in the bottom right corner of your laptop or PC. If you receive a notification from FSU, you can click on the Settings button/icon by the notification, and then select "Turn off notifications from this site".

Sylvia

TBD
Is there any way to choose to turn off the thumbnails that are now appearing with links? On my phone especially it’s not great to look at. It makes messages look longer, causes more scrolling etc...Would love an option to disable this! :)
You can manually replace the current default tag [ unfurl="true" ] with a plain [ URL ] (leave out the spaces) at the beginning.

I would choose to turn it off if I could... is it possible, @Server Guy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information