#TeamTrainwreck: Tursy-POTS 2018/19 (Most memorable K'n'C of the Season)

Tursy-POTS 2018/19

• Ksenia Ivanova & Anastasia Tarankova

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benjamin Steffan & Jennifer Urban

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jeschke

It's year one after Pogo, so the race for all awards is wide open again.

Here are the nominees for Tursy-POTS 2018/19 (Most memorable K'n'C of the Season) in alphabetic order:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj_Y1f0J7qg&

All (not only #TeamTrainwreck posters) are invited to vote :40beers:
For the :gallopin1 awards we primarily took senior skaters into consideration or extraordinary material from junior skaters.
Only the key players of each K'n'C made it to the nominations list.

One vote for the best :encore::wall::eek::watch::drama::wuzrobbed:smokin: K'n'C of the season! Voting is up for 7 days!

---

Previous winners:
2016/17: ---
Inspirational Tursy-Mama -performance for this award.
2017/18: Sondre Oddvoll Boe & Berit Steigedal
---

Other #TeamTrainwreck season end awards:
MEEPOTS (Most Epic Ending Pose of the Season)
MESS (Most Epic Splat of the Season)
MIMOS (Most Important Minion of the Season): not applicable this season
POTS (Performance of the Season)

Last edited by a moderator:
C

casken

G&F and Babs deserve an award for having so many great K' n' C moments in one season.

Skate America FD, both the SD and FD at the GPF, both the SD and FD at Europeans, etc.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! šŸ˜
Wait a bloody moment... I saw this thread. Clicked on it. So I could head right to "Amber Glenn""!!! For real? No Amber Glenn?

Well.......

Gold: Amber Glenn
Silver: Madi Chock
Bronze: Team Babs
Pewter: Tomoki

Ladida

I was hoping for the total ignore moment from Patrice during KnC at Spanish Nationals.

Vagabond

Pressman's comments:

Damon Allen & Tomoki Hiwatashi
It's nothing to get all choked up about! šŸ„¤
Elena Buianova, Maxim Kovtun, Tatiana Tarasova & Alexander Uspenski
Things are never so indescribably ghastly that they can't get worse. :(
Madison Chock
Chock is all that and a bag of chips! :glamor:

Zachary Donohue, Steffany Hanlen, Madison Hubbell & Patrice Lauzon
On its own, the bit in the Kiss and Cry would be the winner, but Chock manages to steal the show from backstage. :sneaky:
Marco Fabbri, Barbara Fusar-Poli, CharlĆØne Guignard & Paolo Pizzocari
High marks for Transitions in going directly from the kiss to the cry. :COP:

Mitsuko Graham (@Jeschke It's not "Mitsuki"), Sonoko Nakano & Kaori Sakamoto
When Kaori Sakamoto is happy, everyone is happy -- except for maybe Satoko Miyahara. :)

Ksenia Ivanova & Anastasia Tarankova
Suitable for mature audiences only. :censored:

Anjelika Krylova, Sergey Mozgov & Betina Popova
Spontaneous action without spontaneous feeling. :blah:

Sondre Oddvoll BĆøe & Berit Steigedal
Nice, but I cannot vote for last year's wuzgifted winners after Wakaba Higuchi not only wuzgeoblocked but also wuzrobbed. :wuzrobbed I hope that was for Oddvoll BĆøe's Short Program because that sort of reaction for a 67.82 in a Free Skate would be pathetic. :shuffle:

Benjamin Steffan & Jennifer Urban
How did this make the short list? :huh: And why has she made herself up to look like Chock and Daleman's secret love child? :confused:

Last edited:

Vagabond

The clip of Donahue, Hanlen, Hubbel, and Lauzon in da bossman's video leaves out all the stuff that went on before the scores were announced, with everyone celebrating and Zach Donohue confidently expecting tens on the components. Unfortunately, due to the crackdown on figure skating videos on the Internet this season, the full version does not appear to be available on line any more. :wuzrobbed

But, at least we get Chock's cameo. Every dark cloud has its silver lining. :)

Dobre

And the Tomoki video leaves out most of the, "Sigh, it's going to be second, which is good but not what I was shooting for" that makes the "First!!!" reaction so great.

Pretty much polar opposites. I went with the Tomoki one in support of the positive reaction (Guignard & Fabbri's is great also. And I laughed aloud at Popova & Mozgov's). But I can see that the Hubbell & Donohue 4CC disaster is probably unbeatable this year. (Her expression is worthy of the drama. I feel like she reacted thinking it must have been her fault as it wasn't her best skate, and whoa she hadn't thought it was that bad. Then, of course, it turns out he's the one that made the two point-heavy mistakes).

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I think of this award as the most bizarre K-n-c moment because look at our past winners. Tursy's mom in the kiss & cry. Who brings their non-coach parent in the kiss & cry? Especially one who doesn't sit there with decorum? Boe breaking the seat and falling on the floor. It's more of an unexpected happening than it is just crying or happiness because that happens all the time.

That said, I am struggling to decide what to choose for this year. Chock eating in the kiss & cry is rather unexpected--but the way it was described, I thought she had torn open a bag of chips and devoured it. Then I watched the video and all she does is struggle to open the bag, coach opens it and she daintily eats a few chips. That's all?

Anyone want to lobby for their favorite? My vote's still up for grabs. :)

S

SmallFairy

I had no idea on where to vote. Viking was good, but not as good as last year. I went with Kaori, as she's so damn cute, always shows her emotions, and as all her great KnC's during the past seasons, it's clear her coach has given up holding her back:lol:

C

casken

Chock eating in the kiss & cry is rather unexpected--but the way it was described, I thought she had torn open a bag of chips and devoured it. Then I watched the video and all she does is struggle to open the bag, coach opens it and she daintily eats a few chips. That's all?

Seriously though. Am I supposed to find this exceptional just becuase it's Chock?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I think of this award as the most bizarre K-n-c moment because look at our past winners. Tursy's mom in the kiss & cry. Who brings their non-coach parent in the kiss & cry? Especially one who doesn't sit there with decorum? Boe breaking the seat and falling on the floor. It's more of an unexpected happening than it is just crying or happiness because that happens all the time.

That said, I am struggling to decide what to choose for this year. Chock eating in the kiss & cry is rather unexpected--but the way it was described, I thought she had torn open a bag of chips and devoured it. Then I watched the video and all she does is struggle to open the bag, coach opens it and she daintily eats a few chips. That's all?

Anyone want to lobby for their favorite? My vote's still up for grabs. :)
You didn't get the full video. :lol: She didn't just daintily eat a few. As they wait for the scores, she eats more and more. She offered the bag to her coach and then took it back from him. She'd pretty much eaten the whole bag by the time they left the KnC.

quartz

scratching at the light
I had no idea on where to vote. Viking was good, but not as good as last year. I went with Kaori, as she's so damn cute, always shows her emotions, and as all her great KnC's during the past seasons, it's clear her coach has given up holding her back:lol:
I almost went with Kaori too, because she IS so damn cute, but went with Guignard and Fabbri because happy crying bronzes are the best bronzes.
If Chock had actually managed to open her own bag of chips, I may have considered her. Fail.

VenusH.

You didn't get the full video. :lol: She didn't just daintily eat a few. As they wait for the scores, she eats more and more. She offered the bag to her coach and then took it back from him. She'd pretty much eaten the whole bag by the time they left the KnC.

Also, they were not chips, they were lion chocolate pops.

https://ameelcandyworld.be/fr-be/nestlƩ-lion-pop-choc-17x140g-41221

it's like candy sized chocolate bar.

Maybe it was different type of Lion snack, but it was chocolate anyways <3

aftershocks

Banned Member
Wait a bloody moment... I saw this thread. Clicked on it. So I could head right to "Amber Glenn""!!! For real? No Amber Glenn?

Well.......

Gold: Amber Glenn
Silver: Madi Chock
Bronze: Team Babs
Pewter: Tomoki

But Maddie has to share her silver with Patch of the magic fingers. Patch opened that bag for Maddie so skillfully. My gosh, a brilliant demonstration of Patch's reputed expertise in practical and organizational logistics. :COP: And so no-nonsense, deadpan too! :lol:

This vote is too difficult. I think the happiest kiss 'n cries should get the most votes. Hub/Don @4CCs, and Kovtun @Russian Cup are too devastating. Maybe boss would consider honoring winners in several different categories: Happy; Sad; & Oddball in honor of Oddvoll. :p

I think Oddvoll's reaction for this season is even better, but alas he won already. He's very cute, as are the dancing k'nc crew of Popova/Mozgov and Tarankova. Those three should team up for a trio program. ;)

So for me:
Damon Allen & Tomoki Hiwatashi (good thing Tomo didn't choke on his water! :eek:)
not on list but one of my faves: https://youtu.be/TPy2gCIWC6E?t=351 Cain/LeDuc 2019 U.S. Natls
Kaori Sakamoto & coaches
Guignard/Fabbri & coaches
Hub/Don & coaches
Oddvoll Boe & coaches
Tarankova & Ivanova
Popova/Mosgov
Chock & Patch
Urban/Steffan
Kovtun & coaches

There were other exciting k'n cry moments this past season though...

Vagabond

aftershocks

Banned Member
Chock is all that and a bag of chocolate pops! :glamor:

Chocolate02 is indeed her Instagram tag. :D

You don't think Timothy LeDuc's reaction wasn't just a little over the top? :unsure: ;)

I love Timothy LeDuc! Don't you get his unique personality by now? Oh well, I guess not. Taking lemons and making lemonade is a good thing. The best athletes learn how to do that, even in practice: :lol: https://www.instagram.com/p/BxfvJwzjC7g/

Ash & Timothy went through a hugely testing time last season and they came through having achieved all the goals they set for themselves, and then some! Even in the face of adversity and setbacks. Having set expectations for how anyone is supposed to react to a given situation, is presumptuous. Particularly in this case of an athlete who achieves a long held dream that he never gave up believing in (after a period of not being sure whether his career was over). I would imagine that Timothy sat there for a moment letting it sink in that a major elusive goal of his had been reached. I don't question Timothy's reaction to winning any more than I question Tarah Kayne's reaction to losing after her and Danny's lift mishap.

Although I too am guilty of questioning athletes' behavior at times, I'm trying to be more aware of tempering a knee-jerk response. Not that I expect to succeed 100 percent. We are drawn to who we are drawn to, and we love who we love.

Please give us your excuse for being OTT sometimes. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information