Survivor Edge of Extinction

Susan1

Yes. Wardog is gone. Well, for now anyway. I hope they have like one big game where all the Extinctions play for one spot and then they are outta here. I don't like this Extinction thing at all.

I'm all in for a Devins win. :p
Yup. I can never say who I hope will win on any show because they always get eliminated next, but here's a hint - I clapped when a certain person won immunity for the second time in a row. Shh - don't tell the elimination gods.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
But really, if it is at final 5 or even final 6, I'm sure she (or really anyone that was earlier out) will be the obvious extra number for one side versus someone coming back and getting voted right back out. At that point, it's all about having the advantage in numbers to get to the finals. On top of that, said person would probably be pulled to the finals anyways thinking that no one would ever vote for them as a player who didn't go through the 'whole' game.

I’ve been thinking that IF an Extinction returner makes it all the way to the end, they actually could have a shot at winning, contrary to the belief of the others who ended up taking them to the end. The returning player is going to have spent endless days with a majority of the jury doing a whole lot of nothing except keeping each other company on extinction island. They haven’t had any need to strategize or make moves that could jeopardize their game or jury standing. And while that’s an easy argument that they hadn’t really fulfilled all of the outwit, outplay, outlast tenants of the game, I think they still could get some votes (especially from the early group that has been there pre-merge). And if the last few jury members are bitter and haven’t had the time to cool off before the final vote, who knows.

(Really just wishful thinking at this point, as I don’t really have a clear favorite this season)

merrywidow

Update on Rupert & wife Laura. They were just eliminated in the 2nd round of The Amazing Race 31.

Jayar

Are people really smack-talking that they don't want a returnee back in the game/hope they get voted out immediately and then say that they want Devins to win in the next breath? You do remember, don't you?

Lacey

Wardog knew he was blatantly asking for elimination for so obviously wanting others out.

BaileyCatts

Are people really smack-talking that they don't want a returnee back in the game/hope they get voted out immediately and then say that they want Devins to win in the next breath? You do remember, don't you?

:rofl: OMG ... no I didn't remember! :rofl: I completely forgot he was the one who came back in from Extinction. But anyway, I never said I wanted all eliminated players out immediately. I just said I don't like the concept.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I enjoyed last night’s episode more than any other this season. What fun!

I knew as soon as they gave Ron the airtime of saying ‘I’m running this game’ that he would be going home.

Still not a fan of Devens but if he makes it to the finals, he’s almost surely got the win wrapped up as he continues to keep most of the jury entertained. But I don’t think he will do it.

I liked Victoria’s gameplay earlier in the season and we saw glimpses of it again last night. The younger girls would be wise to stick it out to the end, and Lauren still has her idol.

I’m over the vagueness of the Edge of Extinction at this point, although I do find it hilarious that we get the welcoming commentary from everyone’s favorite first vote-out each week. I thought several episodes ago that it was way too late in the game to let someone come back in, regardless of whoever that may be.

ETA- I like Gavin a lot, too, but I have a feeling he’s going to be stuck in the middle for the next few votes and he’s probably going to piss even more people off if he were to make the finals.

BaileyCatts

:blah::blah::blah: the family episode. I loathe the family episode.

You know, I think if I was ever on Survivor, I would prearrange with my family visit person that if I were to get that far in the game, you come and we win the Challenge and I have to pick people to go along, I would carefully pick my people then go 'Jeff .... I want to give up my spot for So-and-So' just to make sure I cover all my alliance, and also maybe gain some points for giving up my spot. Might work, might not, but I would do that because who the feck cares about visiting with my family person, I want the million bucks and I'll see ya in like two weeks anyway. :rofl:

tony

:blah::blah::blah: the family episode. I loathe the family episode.

You know, I think if I was ever on Survivor, I would prearrange with my family visit person that if I were to get that far in the game, you come and we win the Challenge and I have to pick people to go along, I would carefully pick my people then go 'Jeff .... I want to give up my spot for So-and-So' just to make sure I cover all my alliance, and also maybe gain some points for giving up my spot. Might work, might not, but I would do that because who the feck cares about visiting with my family person, I want the million bucks and I'll see ya in like two weeks anyway. :rofl:

For a long time, I didn’t understand why everyone was always so emotional after just a few weeks of not seeing family (did you ever go to college far away from home, etc?) but then I did a juice cleanse, which I imagine is easier than the unpredictable diet of Survivor (and sans the strenuous challenges) - and I get it now. Even after just a 5-day cleanse. Not eating regularly/normally/enough makes you just *slightly* shift your mentality :D

Plus being stuck with the same people in a small area, and you may not even like any of these people. I get it.

tony

So now we know someone will come back and be guaranteed top 6. Devins mentioned he knew someone was coming back in so I wonder how long the remaining players knew. He’s right, though- he has a majority of the jury on his side although I really wonder how many of them, getting the chance to come back, would actually side with him knowing he likely has all of those votes if he makes the final.

If he does get someone into a 3-3 tie situation by pulling them in, I see Lauren and her ability to read the other side and use her own idol wisely (or not) will determine how the rest of the game plays out.

Then again, Devins winning this immunity and using his idol on himself in the next one (or vice-versa), and all he has to do at a very minimum is beat someone else in a fire-making challenge to almost guarantee himself the win. But for some reason, I just don’t see it happening. The last few episodes have been all about him and even though he is the only one providing the entertainment and storylines, I think they are setting him
up for a 5th place finish.

Who do we think is coming back?

BTW- haven’t gone back to confirm, but I swear in real time during the immunity challenge I saw Gavin running past the balance beam to place his blocks in the puzzle rather than going over the beam as he needed to?

Last edited:

BaileyCatts

OMG! I haven't had this much fun watching Survivor in a long time!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Devins for the win!!!!!!!:respec::respec::respec::respec::respec:

BaileyCatts

BTW- haven’t gone back to confirm, but I swear in real time during the immunity challenge I saw Gavin running past the balance beam to place his blocks in the puzzle rather than going over the beam as he needed to?

Oh man, I already deleted off my DVR. If you still have it go back and watch and see if he really did that because :rofl: if he did!

smurfy

If Rick makes it to the final he should surely win. The way he handled the Alliance of Four last night was brilliant. Loved it!

And he seems to have the jury on his side. Good jury management.
Also with at least Aurora - they may not believe he actually has a HII. So I hope he goes off and searches to make the remaining folks crazy. I do worry with his running around - he will be tired for challenges.
I am starting to root for him as he has the odds against him and keeps going. But Tony is correct - he is getting a lot of screen time.

And they seem to just be keeping an eye on him and passively looking for an idol. Why not look for one?
I am really enjoying the jury involvement this year.
So would Reem make the jury? I don't think she will get back in the game.

sk8pics

I am totally rooting for Devins and I hope he wins. Brilliant the way he postured about playing his hidden immunity idol. I wonder if the others will now wonder if it is a real idol.

Devins is in the final 5 right now, so then when one person comes back from Extinction, it will be 6, so his immunity idol will only get him to final 5. Hmnnn.... Unless he finds another one. :rofl: Or unless he manages to win immunity next time and save the hidden immunity idol again.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Devins is clearly the dominant player, so we are either being shown "How Devins Wins" or "How Devins Loses" Everyone else is supporting cast at this point.

Cast and story spoilers for next season (nothing about winners): https://swimswam.com/report-elizabeth-beisel-to-appear-on-season-39-of-cbss-survivor/

Can I just say UGH that
I am going to be subjected to Boston Rob AGAIN? More than enough already. I don't care if he isn't competing--he's been on the show way too much

Jenny

From the Bloc
Agree with your opinion of the spoiler @Prancer, and this coming from a fan. Reminds me of when SOI was in decline and they kept dragging out Hamilton, Witt and other skating stars long past their prime as the tours kept getting shorter and shorter. They must think this is good for ratings or something, but at the same time, fans of this kind of show (Amazing Race, Big Brother too) repeatedly say they prefer seasons with all-new casts, even better if they are actual fans who applied to be on the show.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Always wondered who would agree to that, because in the end only one is going to equal their previous best, the others all having to accept a placement lower than they'd done before. And what of the ones not even making the jury, or worse, being first eliminated?

I guess they'd pay them all incentives, maybe use various devices to give them lots second chances?

Interestingly, Jeff seemed very against the idea just a few months ago, and not likely an attempt to deflect because he's pretty specific about why it can't happen.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Always wondered who would agree to that, because in the end only one is going to equal their previous best, the others all having to accept a placement lower than they'd done before. And what of the ones not even making the jury, or worse, being first eliminated?

But for some of them, it might be a chance to get back in the public eye, regardless of where they finish in the game. Especially winners from the first few seasons when it seemed to be a bigger deal to the general public.

I'll be surprised, but delighted, if they can swing it.

BaileyCatts

one hour to go ..... oh please please please please please please please please please PLEASE let Devins win!!!!!!!! I haven't wanted anyone to win this much since Sandra (both times!). :p

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Seriously? New advantages dished out at F5 and F6? Nobody should be given a free pass this late in the game, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information