NCAA Gymnastics

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Is anyone going to the Ann Arbor regional? I have 3 Tix for tonight I can't use. They are print at home so I can email.

I also can't use my Friday Tix :( but they are paper tickets at will call, so I'll probably have to eat them.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Hmmm. No tv? I get both SEC and BIG12 networks, but don’t see anything in the schedule.

Lucy25

I had to watch the Baton Rouge & Athens Regionals online. Same with today, I’m guessing. I saw Sam Cerio’s accident as it happened - absolutely horrific. Rumor is she dislocated both knees and broke both legs on that missed landing on floor. I have loved watching her 🙏🏻.

Erin

Banned Member
Hmmm. No tv? I get both SEC and BIG12 networks, but don’t see anything in the schedule.

Regionals has always been online only. LSU and Georgia are on the ESPN app. Oregon is on the school’s website. Less said about Michigan the better but it requires selling your soul to a subscription called Flo, which has poorer service than icenetwork did and is more expensive too.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I am shocked as all get out that Florida did not make the finals. :eek: I also hadn't heard what happened to Sam Cerio and now I can't unsee that video....that poor girl's legs are not supposed to bend that way. My heart hurts so much for her. :fragile:

Happy for my faves UCLA and Oklahoma though and I love that Denver made the finals. They have a great team. :cheer:

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I am shocked as all get out that Florida did not make the finals. :eek: I also hadn't heard what happened to Sam Cerio and now I can't unsee that video....that poor girl's legs are not supposed to bend that way. My heart hurts so much for her. :fragile:

Happy for my faves UCLA and Oklahoma though and I love that Denver made the finals. They have a great team. :cheer:

Such a sad ending to her career I just hope she can walk and recover properly. Nice her team rallied and finished ahead to go to the finals.

Rob

Beach Bum
How did Alicia Boren qualify in all around for Florida over Trinity Thomas? I don't really understand the individual qualifying. I read on the NCAA site that it is the highest AA scorer at the Super Regional for a non qualifying team. I thought that was Thomas.

FiveRinger

I had to watch the Baton Rouge & Athens Regionals online. Same with today, I’m guessing. I saw Sam Cerio’s accident as it happened - absolutely horrific. Rumor is she dislocated both knees and broke both legs on that missed landing on floor. I have loved watching her 🙏🏻.
It's posted on YouTube. It sounds horrible, and I wish her a speedy recovery. But I refuse to watch it. My stomach rolled just reading about it.

floxability

How did Alicia Boren qualify in all around for Florida over Trinity Thomas? I don't really understand the individual qualifying. I read on the NCAA site that it is the highest AA scorer at the Super Regional for a non qualifying team. I thought that was Thomas.
All the individual qualifiers are based on the Friday scores which is how you get Boren in the AA and Thomas on bars and floor.

Lucy25

All the individual qualifiers are based on the Friday scores which is how you get Boren in the AA and Thomas on bars and floor.
I totally assumed that Florida advanced as a team! That is shocking to me (that they didn’t). Boren’s floor routine is my favorite of any this year, so I am glad to see her perform it again!

Lucy25

Such a sad ending to her career I just hope she can walk and recover properly. Nice her team rallied and finished ahead to go to the finals.
I am glad I saw it live because although horrible, it was fast and I wasn’t glued to watching the landing. I am saddened the video has gone viral because it is one of the worst in sports. I cannot even imagine the pain she was in.

Lucy25

Ha ha - those are my two least fav teams, but I wish them all well. LSU and Michigan are my favs. I am so thrilled Michigan made it.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Ha ha - those are my two least fav teams, but I wish them all well. LSU and Michigan are my favs. I am so thrilled Michigan made it.

I enjoy LSU as well so I'm happy for them too. I love Sarah Finnegan! :cheer:

And I'm a Buckeye girl so I'm not capable of rooting for that other team (although the girls are very talented). ;)

Lucy25

I enjoy LSU as well so I'm happy for them too. I love Sarah Finnegan! :cheer:

And I'm a Buckeye girl so I'm not capable of rooting for that other team (although the girls are very talented). ;)

😅 I am actually a Spartan, but for this one sport only, I enjoy “that other team”. I am going to miss Sarah Finnigan so much!!

Rob

Beach Bum
This Maryland fan is new to the Big 10 and can’t get used to those other teams!

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Finally finished catching up with regionals and can read this thread. :cheer2: I’m still in shock over Florida, I would have figured they could survive counting a fall but it just wasn’t their night. Gotta feel for Alabama, Kentucky and Cal not advancing given their performances - the Georgia regional was especially insane. And Alabama was so close to Michigan, tough that both couldn’t go.

(((Sam Cerio))) I’m so glad I wasn’t watching live and knew to look away. Auburn should be proud of how they pulled together to make finals, even if the finals itself wasn’t great.

Since we’re talking alma maters I’ve got to give a belated plug to Temple for winning their ECAC conference against Yale with a program record beam and qualifying three individuals to regionals! Some way to go before they can contend as a team, but it’s a good start.

I’m also still not over UIC *just* missing out on top 36 to qualify for regionals in the program’s final season. :( Dang.

On to Nats! Not sure anyone can challenge Oklahoma/UCLA, but it’ll be exciting to see if Denver or Georgia can upset LSU/Utah for the final four.

bardtoob

I agree...but Jason Brown got all kinds of flack for demonstrating "immaturity" from his hugging and holding hands with his coach in the K&C, while Ohashi doesn't. What am I missing?

Katelyn and Miss Val are saying goodbye ... Jason and Kori were saying "we are going to sacrifice Jason's career to stay together ..."

Last edited:

skatfan

I agree...but Jason Brown got all kinds of flack for demonstrating "immaturity" from his hugging and holding hands with his coach in the K&C, while Ohashi doesn't. What am I missing?

It's in a practice and not after OHashi competed, and this was a marker - each of their last times in the gym. And Miss Val is credited with coaxing OHashi back into gymnastics after quitting because of abuse/burnout to her current viral fame. Finally, it's really more of a private moment of mutual appreciation captured by someone recording.

Jason's vibe to me was that of a puppy-dog in the Kiss N Cry - for me it was the whole thing, not just hugs (other skaters hug), not just holding hands (other skaters hold hands), but the goofy hand waving to the camera, the funny faces, etc.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
What am I missing?
I think it's a false equivalency. A coach and skater having an emotional moment after a final practice isn't remotely like what went on between Kori and Jason in the Kiss 'n Cry on a regular basis.

ETA though I never complained about Jason's behavior anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information