Mariah bell controversy

sharsk8s

I find it interesting that i can easily view Vanessa colliding with Engbert. Nothing on this
Because in that situation he helped her up and they both checked on each other and made sure that they were both okay. Afterwards they were both kind to each other saying it was an unfortunate accident and wishing the other team the best of luck. That is how you deal with a situation when two skaters collide.

arakwafan2006

Because in that situation he helped her up and they both checked on each other and made sure that they were both okay. Afterwards they were both kind to each other saying it was an unfortunate accident and wishing the other team the best of luck. That is how you deal with a situation when two skaters collide.

What? You responding out of understanding? You’re seriously writing that the resin i DID NOT SEE THIS CONTROVERSIAL MALICIOUS ACCIDENT, is because , they weren’t nice to each other? If you are, delete it. The practices are recorded. There’s footage. Where is it since Maria’s Pattern 99’s were used as Samauri swords.

barbarafan

I find it interesting that i can easily view Vanessa colliding with Engbert. Nothing on this
This one I saw...both of their backs were turned and they crashed back to back...Hard fall on both parts.
I have not seen a clip of Mariah only description...Ensoo skating around rink close to boards...Mariah on runthru came up behind her and clipped her. Saw only pics of Ensoo leaving practice right away in obvious distress.

arakwafan2006

This one I saw...both of their backs were turned and they crashed back to back...Hard fall on both parts.
I have not seen a clip of Mariah only description...Ensoo skating around rink close to boards...Mariah on runthru came up behind her and clipped her. Saw only pics of Ensoo leaving practice right away in obvious distress.

Ok... back to back... bullying? Deliberately ? Don’t see it

MsZem

I see the sea
So I take it that Bell has been convicted in the court of Twitter and Instagram? I haven't checked Tumblr.

Accusations of bullying should be taken seriously and investigated. Until and unless they can be corroborated, people should leave the skaters alone.

(1994 would have been epic on Twitter)

barbarafan

Ok... back to back... bullying? Deliberately ? Don’t see it
Well as we do not know either party hard to say. Mariah looks like a 14yr old school girl and Ensoo looks like an angel. The 3rd possibility is she Mariah tried to throw her off her game by crowding and misjudged and hit her accidentally. Investigation needs to take place. US figure skating needs to contact the rink & check out that part of the story as well. News reports say Fed complained to the rink and they separated the girls...They will have a record of that.

LarrySK8

If Mariah was in the middle of a run through, she had the right of way.

Therefore, we can also speculate that the Korean skater deliberately tried to disrupt Mariah's run through by getting in her way. Too bad the Korean girl's bad behavior got her injured, but cheaters never prosper.

barbarafan

If Mariah was in the middle of a run through, she had the right of way.

Therefore, we can also speculate that the Korean skater deliberately tried to disrupt Mariah's run through by getting in her way. Too bad the Korean girl's bad behavior got her injured, but cheaters never prosper.
Apparently she was right beside the boards....did you think she should have climbed the boards like refs do in hockey games to not disrupt the play.

LarrySK8

Apparently she was right beside the boards....did you think she should have climbed the boards like refs do in hockey games to not disrupt the play.

YES. It is better than a collision or getting cut with a blade.

As a competitive skater myself for many years, at competition practices and home rink practices, I had looked out for the skater with the right of way and scampered out of the way thousands of times while along the boards. And yes, I have climbed the boards to get out of the way.

It is the responsibility of the skater without the right of way to get out of the way and yield, even if it means jumping the boards. Ask anyone who skates at any level of competition. Ask any coach. They will tell you the same thing.

Colonel Green

So I take it that Bell has been convicted in the court of Twitter and Instagram? I haven't checked Tumblr.

Accusations of bullying should be taken seriously and investigated. Until and unless they can be corroborated, people should leave the skaters alone.

(1994 would have been epic on Twitter)
The fact that nothing has been said publicly about it by any of the major parties unfortunately makes me think it’s true and there’s major stuff going on behind the scenes that is causing people to keep quiet.

oleada

Last edited:

Skittl1321

When I think of bullies, Mariah Bell is the first person who comes to mind!

I cannot imagine ANY skater deliberately colliding at World's. There really isn't a way to guarantee their own safety here. (Well, maybe like the 3rd ranked skater of a country where the top skater is a huge star? They might be getting paid off to take one for the team? :sekret:)

And was Mariah really in a run through with music? In that case, she'd absolutely have right of way. It's never the run-through skater's fault. (I can't tell from all the chatter if it was Mariah or Eunsoo in the run through.)

heidililacdream

More information
https://www.france24.com/en/20190321-isu-launch-probe-after-korean-skater-injured-american-rival
KSU lodged an official complaint. ISU will meet today to discuss the incident.

-

Update:
https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20190321174052360
ISU meeting was held with representatives from KSU and USFSA. According to the USA officials Mariah was unaware her skate blade had hit Eunsoo and she apologised for the incident. The KSU official said they communicated the apology to Eunsoo (through her agency) and that the agency had accepted it. Both skaters are going to meet and sort things out after the free skate tomorrow. There was no mention of the allegations of bullying.

Last edited:

arakwafan2006

As a competitive skater myself for many years, at competition practices and home rink practices, I had looked out for the skater with the right of way and scampered out of the way thousands of times while along the boards. And yes, I have climbed the boards to get out of the way.

It is the responsibility of the skater without the right of way to get out of the way and yield, even if it means jumping the boards. Ask anyone who skates at any level of competition. Ask any coach. They will tell you the same thing.

And, you know damn well she knows Mariah’s program patterns since they train together.

arakwafan2006

More information
https://www.france24.com/en/20190321-isu-launch-probe-after-korean-skater-injured-american-rival
KSU lodged an official complaint. ISU will meet today to discuss the incident.

-

Update:
https://sports.v.daum.net/v/20190321174052360
ISU meeting was held with representatives from KSU and USFSA. According to the USA officials Mariah was unaware her skate blade had hit Eunsoo and she apologised for the incident. The KSU official said they communicated the apology to Eunsoo (through her agency) and that the agency had accepted it. Both skaters are going to meet and sort things out after the free skate tomorrow. There was no mention of the allegations of bullying.

Poor Mariah

JamieElena

This is true, I have witnessed skaters climbing the boards to get out of the way more than once at official practices.

Also, usually, any time the skaters come close to colliding, those who see it about to happen (audience, volunteers, media, coaches, other skaters) start shouting to alert those about collide.

CaliSteve

I think this whole situation is a bunch of bullshit. The timing of the release of the articles and accusations and all it came from Ensoo's Talent Management Company, which is owned by Yuna Kim's mother. The company is known for creating unnecessary drama. Look at the Brian Yuna split.

skateboy

This is all so sickening, the vitriol Mariah has received is beyond disgusting. Like most of us (I assume), my heart breaks for her. Even if Mariah has been able to ignore the complete enormity of the backlash, surely she knows what's going on. Will she be able to even skate? And, if she does, will she be booed?

I'm assuming that Eunsoo is barred from making a comment about this, from her shady agency. And how will she handle all this pressure? I can't imagine she's okay with it. This is beyond upsetting, for both skaters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information