What is your attitude to Alina Zagitova and Evgenia Medvedeva?

Asoka Tano

Hello evryone! I am new here!

I am a postgraduate student and I love figure skating! By know, I am writing my PhD thesis about figure skating and I need fan opinion
I am inviting you to fill out my small survey. It want take 1 minute, but is very important to me.
There is 2 links. You can choose 1 link which you prefer.
https://www.esurveycreator.com/s/60c5f1c
https://ru.surveymonkey.com/r/HW2ZYPP

If you dont want to take part in servey.
Maybe you could answer here or writing me here.

Questions are very simple.
https://www.esurveycreator.com/?url=survey_det&uid=1571561#
1.Do you know who are Alina Zagitova and Evgenia Medvedeva?
2. Do you like Alina Zagitova and (or) Evgenia Medvedeva?
3. Do you follow figure skating?
4.Have you ever been in Russia?
5.What do you know about Russia? About her history and culture? (non mandatory)
6. Do you think these two skaters represent a positive view of Russia to other countries (Outside of political aspects)?
7. If you love this skaters, what qualities do you like about them?
8. Do you like some others russian skaters
9. Do you like some ohters russian athleets
10. Where are you from?
11. How old are you?

The survey is completely anonymous.It isnt a spam I realy need your help
I would really appreciate your help
Best regards!

(Embedded image removed by Admin)

Last edited by a moderator:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I want to understand how popular Medvedeva and Zagitova outside of Russia and whether they can be considered a national sport and cultural brand, such as ballet dancers, for example

I found question 2 difficult, as I like one of them and not the other.

muffinplus

I find that questions 1 and 3 are odd to ask in a survey because it's a skating forum so you are not likely to get any knowledge from that...although asking question 1 about Rika Kihira could produce a different answer :lol:

Spun Silver

Fyi, Q2 is missing from the surveymonkey version.

This survey seems poorly designed to me, sorry. Mainly Q4 is so unsubtle. This is not my first rodeo with Russian skaters. I "know" the Protopopovs, Yagudin, Plushenko,Dmitriev and Mishkutenov, Klimova and Ponomarenko, Moskvina, Tarasova, Liptnitskya, Sotnikova, etc. etc. - why would my opinion of an entire country be changed by two more young skaters? The question also assumes that sports, politics, culture are all inseparable, whereas I find it perfectly possible to hold one view of one aspect of a country and another view of another aspect, in other words to have complex views of a country. And I think many people are similar.

I wish you had asked something more specific like Do you think these two skaters represent a positive view of Russia to other countries? In what way(s)? Or What qualities do they represent to you?

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted!

Tinami Amori

Hello evryone! I am new here!
take part in servey.
I was glad to take a survey to help with your school work, but i got to say... this survey is structured with an assumption that those who will answer it are "not russians" and have to "evaluate Russia". FSU is an international chat-board... There are "some Russians" here... :lol:... and their "like/dislike of Russia" is not connected to two teenage girls... :D

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I have a slight problem with this question.

First of all FSU stands for Figure Skating Universe which means there are people (figure skating fans) from around the world that are members who post here.

So it's more than likely that the majority of figure skating fans at FSU do know who Alina and Evgenia are. Perhaps you could ask who here at FSU are fans of Alina and Evgenia instead.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The questions asked depend on the overall research question of the project. Given the OP's response, they aren't bad, but could be refined if you are really looking at some type of quantifiable data. And, no, you do NOT have to write your questions based on FSU's membership. :lol: In fact, that would totally distort your data.

I would suggest if your question relates to the branding of the skater or figure skating in general, and you are looking at branding as an international phenomena , international boards are an excellent source. English is not your primary language, so you might want to work with your research advisor on refining exactly what you want to know from your survey and rewrite your questions accordingly. Writing a good survey question is very difficult.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
The questions asked depend on the overall research question of the project. Given the OP's response, they aren't bad, but could be refined if you are really looking at some type of quantifiable data. And, no, you do NOT have to write your questions based on FSU's membership. :lol: In fact, that would totally distort your data.

I would suggest if your question relates to the branding of the skater or figure skating in general, and you are looking at branding as an international phenomena , international boards are an excellent source. English is not your primary language, so you might want to work with your research advisor on refining exactly what you want to know from your survey and rewrite your questions accordingly. Writing a good survey question is very difficult.

No, she doesn't have to write questions based on FSU membership. However, she did come here to FSU where there are several figure skating fans from around the world. Therefore, if she wants accurate data about the questions regarding Alina and Evgenia, then she could also visit other figure skating message boards for her survey to get more accurate data.

Asoka Tano

Fyi, Q2 is missing from the surveymonkey version.

This survey seems poorly designed to me, sorry. Mainly Q4 is so unsubtle. This is not my first rodeo with Russian skaters. I "know" the Protopopovs, Yagudin, Plushenko,Dmitriev and Mishkutenov, Klimova and Ponomarenko, Moskvina, Tarasova, Liptnitskya, Sotnikova, etc. etc. - why would my opinion of an entire country be changed by two more young skaters? The question also assumes that sports, politics, culture are all inseparable, whereas I find it perfectly possible to hold one view of one aspect of a country and another view of another aspect, in other words to have complex views of a country. And I think many people are similar.

I wish you had asked something more specific like Do you think these two skaters represent a positive view of Russia to other countries? In what way(s)? Or What qualities do they represent to you?

Anyway, good luck and keep us posted!
Thank you for the answer and advice! This is my first attempt to do such a survey! I will try to improve the quality of it in the future

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Indifferent really, there are much more interesting talents in Japan. Zagitova's basic skating is awkward looking while Medvedeva's technique looks forced. Both are not my cup of tea. I don't see why in Russia everything is so politicized and exceedingly combative be it dance, singles or pairs it must make the environment very difficult for the skaters, unless you are the chosen ones. Meh..
No, she doesn't have to write questions based on FSU membership. However, she did come here to FSU where there are several figure skating fans from around the world. Therefore, if she wants accurate data about the questions regarding Alina and Evgenia, then she could also visit other figure skating message boards for her survey to get more accurate data.
perhaps she will, but FSU is the most well known fan site, and I would start here as well.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
What is your PhD in? (Major)

I don’t understand the purpose of this survey. Are you trying to find out what Americans think of Russian skaters? So Russians need not take this survey? What about those who are neither American nor Russian?

Or are you doing research in history/sociology/sports?

Sorry I don’t mean to insult you but I would really like to know what this survey would be used for, before I take it (or decide not to take it).

Japanfan

I don’t understand the purpose of this survey. Are you trying to find out what Americans think of Russian skaters? So Russians need not take this survey? What about those who are neither American nor Russian?

Sorry I don’t mean to insult you but I would really like to know what this survey would be used for, before I take it (or decide not to take it).

Answered in post #4 above, at least in part.

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Maybe it would have been best to focus on Eteri Tutberidze’s impact on figure skating. That’s the common link between Medvedeva and Zagitova. It’s also weird that you ask if Med and Zag represent a positive view of Russia, the survey in general seems to be about Russia instead of Medvedeva and Zagitova. I have no knowledge of what your ultimate goal is but those are my observations, good luck.

Asoka Tano

In a nutshell I want to know, could famous athlete break stereotypes about Russia, can they improve the image of Russia, such as ballet or theater artists. My research in International relation. I want to show that sport a universal mechanism for dialogue among peoples. And such famous athletes are the bridge. In order to prove (or disprove) I need this survey. Your nationality doesn't matter. For me, the more nationalities, the better

Asoka Tano

Before I fill out the survey, can I just ask whether you've got clearance from your university's Human Research Ethics Committee to run it and include the results in your thesis? I wouldn't like to see you wasting your time collecting information you can't ultimately use.
Yes, I have permission from the Dean and the academic Council Thanks!

Japanfan

The survey questions seem random and based on little knowledge of figure skating. I'm not buying that this is really for a PhD thesis.

The original poster doesn't claim to have expertise in FS. I believe that the research is for a PhD thesis, but do think the questions need to be refined and further developed in order to address the research question.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
2. Do you like Alina Zagitova and (or) Evgenia Medvedeva?
3. Do you follow figure skating?
4.Have you ever been in Russia?
5.What do you know about Russia? About her history and culture? (non mandatory)
6. Do you think these two skaters represent a positive view of Russia to other countries (Outside of political aspects)?
7. If you love this skaters, what qualities do you like about them?
8. Do you like some others russian skaters
9. Do you like some ohters russian athleets
10. Where are you from
1. May be
2. May be
3. When Tonia is not on the screen yes, when Keegan and Galuystyan are on the TV yes yes yes.
4. No, in my sea men days we came near the south-east tip but did not enter
6. May be
8. I miss Igor Pashkevich
9. Yes all men on the gymnastics teams do thing's for me, my wife does not agree.
10. Beautiful New Mexico

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information