Gilles and Poirier Cheer Thread

nimi

Woke up, checked the 4CC results... WAIT WHAT, Piper & Paul medalled?!? I should've stayed up all night (because time zones) glued to some illegal unofficial stream watching this thing gone down!

Off to find videos online but hooray for P2 getting their first ISU championship medal since the 2014 4CC silver! :cheer2:

VGThuy

Although it probably won't happen, they should absolutely medal at Worlds next month. This free dance is that good.

I would love a Worlds podium with P/C gold; and G/P and G/F in either order but other than P/C, I don't think I'm allowed to even have a dream podium with BOTH G/P and G/F. One of them in a tall ask.

I really hope for an outstanding performance in both the RD and FD for G/P with all levels hit.

Triple axel mom

I love Gilles and Poirier. Humble, hard working skaters whom have improved immensely. It’s their time to shine.
Breathtaking FD.
I don’t understand why their RD does not score well
G and G tho’ are remarkable.
W and P time for retirement

Worlds will be interesting with H/D in the mix

Debrah

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
For anyone interested in showing your love and support for this team on Valentine's day by helping financially; Piper has a GOFUNDME page asking for donations for some costuming changes after 4CC and other training expenses for Worlds...Here is some information as to how to help: https://www.gofundme.com/costume-re...WEMsU4yzY-UaZn6aeeJIcRTNAXi_3_j_9kTxGehSeFxVQ

Well she is way past her goal. Lots of generous people!

:40beers:

I wonder what she will do with all the excess cash.

The Observer

I love Gilles and Poirier. Humble, hard working skaters whom have improved immensely. It’s their time to shine.
Breathtaking FD.
I don’t understand why their RD does not score well
G and G tho’ are remarkable.
W and P time for retirement

Worlds will be interesting with H/D in the mix

Yes, I kind of wish W & P would retire, too.

I don't want to be mean about it, but they're in their 30's now and I think they're the oldest ice dance team.

By staying on, they make it hard for G & P to win a medal at Worlds because of the politics involved.

But at least G&P beat W&P in the FD at Four Continents and Nationals.

puglover

I think we need W/P and I am glad they continued. They are a beautiful team. I wonder if they will do the "Thank You Canada" tour again next year and miss the grand prix competitions. It seemed like they did it this year without a negative impact but can they do it again next year with teams ranked below them catching up?

Emilia12

Yes, I kind of wish W & P would retire, too.

I don't want to be mean about it, but they're in their 30's now and I think they're the oldest ice dance team.

By staying on, they make it hard for G & P to win a medal at Worlds because of the politics involved.

But at least G&P beat W&P in the FD at Four Continents and Nationals.
Oh right, WP should retire even though they still want and able to compete, just so that other people could medal. Seriously?

D

Deleted member 74551

W/P should stick around for as long as they want- it’s a sport and nobody should have to move aside for a waiting team- but I do think G/P are being primed to take that top spot very soon. Judges at Nationals could’ve made that gap at the top bigger had they wanted.

I look forward to the day. I keep going back to their FD at 4CCs and it remains such a moment every time.

D

Deleted member 74551

This is going to be so beautiful but omg poor Piper out there filming in that slip of a dress! I feel like a grandmother just wanting her to put a sweater on already

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information