The Skating Lesson 2018/2019

aftershocks

Banned Member
Karma can be a you know what. What goes around, comes around. Breathe, move forward. Maybe learn something, or stay the same?

The past incidents you [Tony Wheeler] keep complaining about has nothing to do with why [Dave Lease] deactivated his platforms, and for you [TWheeler] to keep going on about them in the middle of this tragic mess gives a "He had it coming" impression to your posts.

Well, but you know, Dave Lease himself is the king of snarky 'I told you so! He/She had it coming.'

Last edited:

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Dave Lease may well be all those things people here say about him. He may be catty, gossip driven persona, he may be nasty to those who do not agree with him or give him what he wants. and yet, he did the right thing putting the public information on his site.
Skaters, coaches (and officials?) dismissing investigation by SafeSport and their regulations are irresponsible towards their peers and the future of the sport. Their job towards their friend being investigated was to be there for their friend in REAL LIFE. Social media presence is not the whole life. Not yet and if it is for some, they are in need of serious help and people like DL are the very least of their problems.

MK's Winter

Dave Lease may well be all those things people here say about him. He may be catty, gossip driven persona, he may be nasty to those who do not agree with him or give him what he wants. and yet, he did the right thing putting the public information on his site.
Skaters, coaches (and officials?) dismissing investigation by SafeSport and their regulations are irresponsible towards their peers and the future of the sport. Their job towards their friend being investigated was to be there for their friend in REAL LIFE. Social media presence is not the whole life. Not yet and if it is for some, they are in need of serious help and people like DL are the very least of their problems.

Preach. You just took me to church.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’m going through TSL Withdrawal Syndrome. No US Nationals recap??? Oooooooo!!! Even the Mitchell Johansson Method cannot save me.

Correcting/Editing to add: I’ve just discovered the Patreon TSL Method. Yippee! Just $5/mo to become a patron, with access to all content, including audio versions. Correction: NO new vid/US Nats recap yet...but I’m all set to pay once up, as titles are seen, with the latest at the top.

https://www.patreon.com/TheSkatingLesson

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I don’t think there is one. Patreon has the Christine Brennan and Canadian Nationals recap. Other than that there isn’t anything.

Thanks. I’ve corrected my previous post, providing link to TSL’s Patreon site. They actually have all shows, not just the two you mention. Latest at the top.

chachacha

The threats are serious enough that Dave has cancelled his trip to Nationals.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonathanBeyer81/status/1087897279590264834
No one would have wanted to see that trash at Nationals anyways. I think death threats are inappropriate and don’t wish that on anyone. However David Lease and the Skating Lesson is nothing but trash and the sole purpose was be bully’s and demeaning to all athletes that were not there flavor of the day. It’s good he didn’t appear and frankly it’s easy for him to post his trash but a lot of people would have probably made sure he knew he was not welcome at Nationals and quite frankly he should stick to his day job

chachacha

People love to throw out death threats and awful comments to others under the anonymity of the internet. I hope it's found out who has done so and they get busted. This is unacceptable and we need to start charging people with crimes for such behavior--and I'm usually pretty hands off and free speech etc. Threatening people is not free speech. Hope he's doing okay. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't really the skating community but keyboard warriors being asshole as they often are finding something to latch on to and laughing over it then going to find something new.
Problem is David Lease is just as toxic and from what I hear various individuals are exploring a law suit against him so I’m pretty sure he will continue to be MIA because he’s a coward who gets off putting athletes down and being a bully and well he has no credentials to be judging or speaking about elite level athletes since he’s not one himself. He should be sued and charged for every defamation statement he’s made against all athletes. He has more enemy’s then followers now so I would not anticipate seeing that trash anytime soon. He should just stick to his day job and understand no one that matters wants to see his trash anymore.

chachacha

He screen capped a public record. Christine wrote and article. Minors came forward. I have a problem with anyone who has a problem with that.[/QUOTE
Not the biggest fan of Dave either, but I've seen nothing wrong (so far) in their coverage of this story. Unless, I'm missing smth (please let me know), because I don't follow them on twitter and I haven't seen anything posted on FB from TSL for a long time.

However, whether I/you/anybody are a fan or not, does not matter at all. Death threats are the tools of the bullies and cowards. This is mob lynching. It's despicable and unacceptable.

But that’s what the skating lesson is about. After Jennifer left all he and his minions did was put skaters down. I think him getting death threats is a little over the top. But he is responsible for many demeaning and bullying statements and I’m gonna be thrilled when he gets slapped with the law suits, regardless win or lose the money and time he will have to spend defending himself will be worth it. I heard a lot of people at nationals discussing this and there’s one lawyer that is handling a class action suit. Should be interesting if it’s true

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information