The Skating Lesson 2018/2019

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Last edited:

skateboy

The Daily Mail is a highly unreliable tabloid that sensationalizes everything it possibly can. Not criticizing you personally @skateboy for posting the link, but I'd take anything the Mail has to say with a gigantic grain of salt.
It wasn't me that posted the link. ;)

skatingguy

decently
The Daily Mail is a highly unreliable tabloid that sensationalizes everything it possibly can. Not criticizing you personally @skateboy for posting the link, but I'd take anything the Mail has to say with a gigantic grain of salt.
I totally agree, and very aware of the terrible reputation of The Daily Mail - it's not called The Daily Fail for nothing. Their Brexit coverage, and the fact that they employ Piers Morgan are enough of a reason to never read them, but given that Dave directly referenced the fact that he was commented by a reporter looking for comment on the Coughlin story I thought it was important to show people what they ended up publishing. As far as The Daily Mail goes, this article isn't too bad, though they do focus a lot of attention on the social media aspects of the story - the sensational aspects - and not the allegations or the SafeSport procedures.

Last edited:

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
I’m interested in the TSL recap of Canadian Nationals and what they have to say about Gabby Daleman’s competing. They seemed pretty staunchly against Gracie competing are COR.

skatfan

I’m interested in the TSL recap of Canadian Nationals and what they have to say about Gabby Daleman’s competing. They seemed pretty staunchly against Gracie competing are COR.

Gracie had not competed for a lot longer than Gabby Daleman (was it a year? I forget now) - and in the period just before she stopped skating it was very clear that she was not training well. Based on seeing her in that time, it was clear that she would have to relearn her jumps with her new body - not a slam for Gracie at all, just a reality.

In contrast, Gabby competed in September at an international B competition, and we now know that she sustained a concussion at that event. That injury had a cascading effect on her mental and physical health. But Gabby didn't get out of shape the way that Gracie did, and she could restart her training when she was able.

Yes, Gabby had some mental issues to overcome, and I hope she is proud of her effort at Nationals, but it is a whole different league to do what Gracie attempted in a really short time period.

Quadaxel2020

Did anyone notice that they deleted all of their social media pages? And I’m watching their YouTube videos dissapear in front of my eyes...

sharsk8s

All their social media has disappeared within the last hour. So odd. Hopefully someone will clarify what happened.

sharsk8s

Is this permanent or until the situation calms down?
I am not the biggest fan of TSL but that doesn't mean they deserve death threats.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
I can clarify. Jonathan Beyer has confirmed that David Lease was getting a lot of death threats, scary ones, so he's deleting the content on his social media accounts. Great job, trolls.

Unbelieveable. Talk about a culture of fear, intimidation and silencing. I have not always agreed with the way Dave approaches his interviews, but nobody deserves death threats for reporting.

Tavi

I can clarify. Jonathan Beyer has confirmed that David Lease was getting a lot of death threats, scary ones, so he's deleting the content on his social media accounts. Great job, trolls.

Thanks to you and everyone who has provided info on this. I really thought it was an attack - but either way they are silencing him.

D

Deleted member 53443

That was my initial thought when I read about it - there are just too many people out there that suck at being human beings.

Amantide

Not the biggest fan of Dave either, but I've seen nothing wrong (so far) in their coverage of this story. Unless, I'm missing smth (please let me know), because I don't follow them on twitter and I haven't seen anything posted on FB from TSL for a long time.

However, whether I/you/anybody are a fan or not, does not matter at all. Death threats are the tools of the bullies and cowards. This is mob lynching. It's despicable and unacceptable.

Last edited:

CaliSteve

Not the biggest fan of Dave either, and I've seen nothing wrong (so far) in their coverage of this story. Unless, I'm missing smth (please let me know), because I don't follow them on twitter and I haven't seen anything posted on FB from TSL for a long time.

However, whether I/you/anybody are a fan or not, does not matter at all. Death threats are the tools of the bullies and cowards. This is mob lynching. It's despicable and unacceptable.

I think they blame Dave for writing about the allegations. That because it was brought to light that is what led JC to commit suicide. Its irrational behavior that went over the line by sending death threats.

Last edited:

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
People love to throw out death threats and awful comments to others under the anonymity of the internet. I hope it's found out who has done so and they get busted. This is unacceptable and we need to start charging people with crimes for such behavior--and I'm usually pretty hands off and free speech etc. Threatening people is not free speech. Hope he's doing okay. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't really the skating community but keyboard warriors being asshole as they often are finding something to latch on to and laughing over it then going to find something new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information