If You Could Make Just One Rule Change

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Agree about separate panels.
Devalue grabbing the blade.
Make it much harder to get a level 3 or 4 on a step sequence by increasing the number of turns similar to ice dance.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I would reward a ladies spiral
..end to end of rink...extension and pointed toe.

One of figure skating's most glorious moments.
Unfortunately, it takes too long relative to other components and is more of a test of flexibility and glute strength.

gkelly

I would add more elements to the Scale of Values and allow for more options of what kinds of elements to include in the Well-Balanced Freeskate, and how many of each.

That would have the effect of making freeskates freer than short programs.

RoseRed

No see-through front upper body clothing (men do this and it's sans taste) :slinkaway

On a more serious note I would like there be a rule against skating the same program/music more than one season.
And what about lower ranked skaters or those from small countries with financial issues that make it harder to pay for new choreo+costumes every season? Or a skater who gets hurt in the off season and doesn't have time?

D

Deleted member 53443

And what about lower ranked skaters or those from small countries with financial issues that make it harder to pay for new choreo+costumes every season? Or a skater who gets hurt in the off season and doesn't have time?

Those are good questions. I would say you can get a medical exemption, and for skaters with financial issues, do they really keep a program because of finances, being at the highest level in competitions (I mean that to basically concern only GP, Olympics and Worlds etc)? In that case they are underfunded anyway, and a good reason to find a way to fund them at some international level.

olympic

I saw the post re rotations. How about returning to the 1/4 turn upon landing being acceptable, but penalties for pre-rotation??

I like the ideas of school figures and compulsory dance

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
My biggest pet peeve this year is the way all of the underrotations are really under the microscope but skaters who rotate up to a full 360 degrees on their toe pick before getting into the air are getting ‘clean’ jump calls. That needs to be reconsidered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information