Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov confirm their split

watchthis!!

Being a fierce competitor is a good thing. Being fierce with your partner for every move they make is a totally different thing. I always felt that she hated everything he did. And that he was always looking to her for some kind of acceptance or acknowledgement that he wasn't the biggest piece of #!%* on the planet. I swear somewhere there is footage of her looking at him after he exhaled and looking at him as he just did that in the completely wrong way.

Aww, that is too bad. But the potential for two great Russian teams...

Also, Stolbova and Bilodeau?

Nooooooo!!!! I like Charlie!!

Mad for Skating

I knew it was inevitable, but I'm still so sad. They might have been polar opposite personalities, but when they were on, they were magic. I went to Skate America and Worlds just to see them a few years ago and I'm so glad I did.

Agree. And I think those polar opposite personalities actually made for an interesting pair to watch - they had a dynamic contrast, kind of like James/Cipres.

Being a fierce competitor is a good thing. Being fierce with your partner for every move they make is a totally different thing. I always felt that she hated everything he did. And that he was always looking to her for some kind of acceptance or acknowledgement that he wasn't the biggest piece of #!%* on the planet. I swear somewhere there is footage of her looking at him after he exhaled and looking at him as he just did that in the completely wrong way.

I have to disagree with this. As far as I recall, there was only one time when she truly got out of hand with him, and since then they have really worked on things. Also I've never gotten the impression that Fedor just follows Ksenia around like a slave - he is an independent man and he makes his own decisions.
Yes, yes, look at how she is glaring LOL https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg__BMNljb4/

Really, I'm done trying to explain, haters gonna hate.

zebraswan

How could you possibly know all the ins and outs of their entire relationship based on what you saw on tv for a few minutes a handful of times per season? You talk about them like telenovela characters. Wow, she hated him so much she stayed with him for 9 years? Do you know how many pairs don't make it nearly that long?

Noooo!!! I like Ksenia!!! :rofl: Charlie isn't remotely hot enough to be worthy of her as a partner. And I'd bet you thought he had a great relationship with Julianne, right? Just goes to show that things are not always as they appear on the surface.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Agree. And I think those polar opposite personalities actually made for an interesting pair to watch - they had a dynamic contrast, kind of like James/Cipres.

Hmmm, Vanessa and Morgan have a hot chemistry that's just magical and can't be taught or bought (they've dated in the past). I'm not sure what you mean by 'contrast' in their case, since their muscularity/physicality and movement qualities match up exceedingly well. They are quite sympatico and charming, albeit both are fiery in nature, with Vanessa having more control over her emotions than Morgan. The fire in their natures and their hot connection is one reason why they stopped seeing each other off-the-ice. Their fiery connection was simply too hot to handle as partners on and off-the-ice. Yes, they haven't always seen eye-to-eye, and they did have a famous fight in the kiss 'n cry, largely because Morgan could not control his disappointment after one of their performances. But that incident happened before they had a career breakthrough with John Zimmerman and crew in Florida.

OTOH, Stolbova and Klimov apparently have very different personalities that made it difficult for them to connect emotionally. They otherwise matched well physically, and they managed to find program concepts and music that worked in their favor in regard to their personality differences and lukewarm emotional connection. I think Stolbova and Klimov both respected each other and their partnership, but they were never good friends. Morgan and Vanessa are actually friends.

I loved S/K's programs during the 2016-2017 season. Stolbova seemed to be happy and she smiled at Klimov during their Clair de Lune sp at Russian Nationals. But obviously I now know how much they were also struggling to hold it together technically due to various injuries. It surely had to be a huge disappointment for both of them to be kept off the Olympic team. That could be the source of some of their current disgruntlement with each other.

It was a battle for S/K as a team seemingly throughout their partnership. Everything came together magically for them during the 2013-2014 season which was memorable. And their GPF win (and programs the following season) was wonderful, especially I Put a Spell on You. Stolbova is a firecracker technically, and she seems to have so much inside her bursting to be expressed that apparently she never quite fulfilled in her partnership with Klimov. It would be wonderful if she was able to find someone capable enough to support and complement her, and to collaborate with in further pursuing her skating dreams.

Mad for Skating

Hmmm, Vanessa and Morgan have a hot chemistry that's just magical and can't be taught or bought (they've dated in the past). I'm not sure what you mean by 'contrast' in their case, since their muscularity/physicality and movement qualities match up exceedingly well. They are quite sympatico and charming, albeit both are fiery in nature, with Vanessa having more control over her emotions than Morgan. The fire in their natures and their hot connection is one reason why they stopped seeing each other off-the-ice. Their fiery connection was simply too hot to handle as partners on and off-the-ice. Yes, they haven't always seen eye-to-eye, and they did have a famous fight in the kiss 'n cry, largely because Morgan could not control his disappointment after one of their performances. But that incident happened before they had a career breakthrough with John Zimmerman and crew in Florida.

OTOH, Stolbova and Klimov apparently have very different personalities that made it difficult for them to connect emotionally. They otherwise matched well physically, and they managed to find program concepts and music that worked in their favor in regard to their personality differences and lukewarm emotional connection. I think Stolbova and Klimov both respected each other and their partnership, but they were never good friends. Morgan and Vanessa are actually friends.

I loved S/K's programs during the 2016-2017 season. Stolbova seemed to be happy and she smiled at Klimov during their Clair de Lune sp at Russian Nationals. But obviously I now know how much they were also struggling to hold it together technically due to various injuries. It surely had to be a huge disappointment for both of them to be kept off the Olympic team. That could be the source of some of their current disgruntlement with each other.

It was a battle for S/K as a team seemingly throughout their partnership. Everything came together magically for them during the 2013-2014 season which was memorable. And their GPF win (and programs the following season) was wonderful, especially I Put a Spell on You. Stolbova is a firecracker technically, and she seems to have so much inside her bursting to be expressed that apparently she never quite fulfilled in her partnership with Klimov. It would be wonderful if she was able to find someone capable enough to support and complement her, and to collaborate with in further pursuing her skating dreams.

I agree! I guess I just thought of James and Cipres because both teams IMO have a bold, unique, and sexy presence on the ice. I didn't know too much about Vanessa and Morgan's personal relationship except for the part that they dated a while back, thank you for the details. I agree 100% about your assessment that Ksenia and Fedor respected each other but aren't best friends. That's a very unique relationship in pairs IMO, but I always admired it.

I can understand the difficulty for S/K connecting. My mom and I are polar opposites and sometimes I really don't understand her or vice versa (I still love her of course). I think they overcame their differences well, but it was one more thing for them to deal with. I really liked their appearance on the ice though - packaging wise they were both distinct-looking and well matched.

Ha ha, yes! That's the Clair de Lune program. They really seemed to be onto something and to be connecting more and trying to explore something new with their partnership at that stage, even though they were still struggling with physical issues.

Yes, I was shocked when they chose it but I think it turned out nicely! Their arm movements and extension is just beyond words. And they just seemed very happy performing it.

Mad for Skating

“Haters gonna hate” or “Haters are motivators” I feel like Susie needs her own thread now

Agree! She is just a brilliant personality and cool gal, I hope someday she writes a book about her career. In general I think there are more of us who love her than those who don't, her true fans like us will always stand up for her.

How could you possibly know all the ins and outs of their entire relationship based on what you saw on tv for a few minutes a handful of times per season? You talk about them like telenovela characters. Wow, she hated him so much she stayed with him for 9 years? Do you know how many pairs don't make it nearly that long?

Noooo!!! I like Ksenia!!! :rofl: Charlie isn't remotely hot enough to be worthy of her as a partner. And I'd bet you thought he had a great relationship with Julianne, right? Just goes to show that things are not always as they appear on the surface.

Zebra Swan, you are honestly so accurate on everything. Ksenia and Fedor were two people with very different personalities who tried their best to make it work, as decent people do when they are in important relationships. They made it work for nine years, through more setbacks and struggles than any couple should have to, and finally under that level of stress, they just snapped.

I admit I liked Seguin/Bilodeau as a promising young pair team, and the split took me by surprise. I wish it had ended better but there's not much we can do.

I honestly don't care if her new partner is hot, as long as he gets her to the Olympics like she deserves...but I admit gorgeous Fedor is a tough act to follow :D

Tinami Amori

Being a fierce competitor is a good thing. Being fierce with your partner for every move they make is a totally different thing.
That's not what happened between Ksenya and Fedor..
https://starpri.ru/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kseniya-stolbova-fedor-klimov-4.jpg
http://www.ctv.by/sites/default/files/russia.jpg

They just have completely different emotional worlds..... sometimes for two talented people it does not work out.

- https://totgor.ru/0057/browse.php?u=czovL3JldGluYS5uZXdzLm1haWwucnUvcHJldjc4MHg0NDAvcGljLzQ0LzVmL2czNDU5MjU3Nl9hNmY2NWI0NDU3ZWFjNGI0YjllN2Y1Njc0MjQ4ZWU2ZS5qcGc=&b=13
- https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...rx9__A55greewGgZUWUevAyhr_9fHB60fb4ULjXhOJyNg
- https://phototass2.cdnvideo.ru/width/744_b12f2926/tass/m2/uploads/i/20180126/4636963.jpg

They had nothing in common outside the rink, nothing.... and when difficulties came their way they handled it very differently, each thinking the other does not understand..

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...limov-of-russia-pose-with-picture-id865041032

http://kuban24.tv/res/images/27092016/203002.jpg

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
If Stolbova did not have a strong mind they would be skating kind of a crap Tarasova/Morozov have been doing for a while. A :sekret: was telling about some of Morozov's music ideas for that team. Let's just say am forever grateful to Stolbova for not having to endure another team doing a panty drop-like routine.

Am very much looking forward seeing Stolbova with whoever she choses to compete. Hoping it's Novoselov, but would take her with any partner (am actually surprised someone even managed to spot a partner there when Stolbova is on the ice)

Mad for Skating

Agree, and also thank you for the beautiful pictures. I think they really tried hard to make it work, but you are correct, they just handled things differently. I don’t think that is a bad thing.

If Stolbova did not have a strong mind they would be skating kind of a crap Tarasova/Morozov have been doing for a while. A :sekret: was telling about some of Morozov's music ideas for that team. Let's just say am forever grateful to Stolbova for not having to endure another team doing a panty drop-like routine.

Am very much looking forward seeing Stolbova with whoever she choses to compete. Hoping it's Novoselov, but would take her with any partner (am actually surprised someone even managed to spot a partner there when Stolbova is on the ice)

Stolbova and Klimov doing Candyman is something I cannot imagine but would probably find very entertaining...

I agree, I am excited too. Of course I’m sad that she and Fedor have split but I do believe in them and I will love them no matter who they skate with.

Tinami Amori

She has seemed like a total prima donna bitch for years. I am not surprised he left her after she cost them a trip to the past Olympics. Good riddance.
It's not quite like that... Fedor was a lot less ambitious about getting to the top than Ksenya, and she got emotional a few times in public.

In one interview Fedor said that he (sort of) considers himself "second rate skater" and explained about himself: Being single skater is the ultimate goal, and when you fail as a single skater, you do pairs, if you fail pairs you do dance. So i failed as a single skater and now i do pair and that's ok".

In the same interview he said how different he and Ksenya are "we were offered to skate together. we tried out and started skating. very soon i knew how different we are in everything, and decided to not have any dealings with Ksenya outside of skating and related business. after the competition or practice ends, we go our own way and do not talk".

He was also VERY close friends with Trankov, going off drinking beers, to football games, hanging out together.. He was fine to be 2nd on the podium next to his "buddy Maxim", and Ksenya wanted him to be more "hungry" and "more ambitious" and not be "ok with standing 2nd next to his buddy"... (and she also was not happy about the few times he had "beers" with his buddy during competitions, after which once he fell down)... :lol:

https://instagram.fhrk1-1.fna.fbcdn...58_1857159487711880_5531941860345380864_n.jpg
http://www.kartinki24.ru/uploads/gallery/main/33/kartinki24_sport_0469.jpeg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RuH-sJQAm9k/maxresdefault.jpg
https://s5o.ru/storage/simple/ru/edt/33/04/29/83/rue665cb36315.jpg

Japanfan

and she also was not happy about the few times he had "beers" with his buddy during competitions, after which once he fell down... :lol:

And what female pair skater would be happy about that?

It is foolhardy and dangerous for a pair skater to have multiple beers during competitions. Alcohol affects your judgment - it's the split second it takes you to notice a person in a wheelchair crossing an intersection when you turn into it on a dark, rainy evening. If you lose that split second of judgment, you could hit the person.

Likewise, if a pair guy's judgment of timing is thrown off for a split second, he could drop and perhaps seriously injure his partner, perhaps himself as well.

hanca

Values her privacy
I guess it depends whether they were drinking in the middle of competitions (e.g. between SP and FS) or after the competition, at the skaters party, which sometimes take place before the exhibition. If he was drinking between SP and FS, then his drinking could affect their competition results. If at the party, before the exhibition, as far as I know quite a few skaters drinks at this party. There is the risk to the female partner during lifts and twist etc, but if he had one beer, surely that wouldn’t get him drunk and shouldn’t affect his skating the following day. I guess it depends how much he was drinking. Besides, they can choose which elements they want to perform in their exhibition program so if Ksenia was worried, she could tell him to leave some elements out or do easier elements instead.

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
Good choice for her. I loved them, but he didnt have enough talent or physical ability to go to the next level with her. Hopefully she finds a partner worthy of her talents to win the Olympic and World titles she deserves.

hanca

Values her privacy
Good choice for her. I loved them, but he didnt have enough talent or physical ability to go to the next level with her. Hopefully she finds a partner worthy of her talents to win the Olympic and World titles she deserves.
Yes, I am sure talent is what Klimov is lacking. He has Olympic silver and gold medals, but he is so untalented! He must have got the medals just for his lovely blue eyes.

Mad for Skating

It's not quite like that... Fedor was a lot less ambitious about getting to the top than Ksenya, and she got emotional a few times in public.

In one interview Fedor said that he (sort of) considers himself "second rate skater" and explained about himself: Being single skater is the ultimate goal, and when you fail as a single skater, you do pairs, if you fail pairs you do dance. So i failed as a single skater and now i do pair and that's ok".

In the same interview he said how different he and Ksenya are "we were offered to skate together. we tried out and started skating. very soon i knew how different we are in everything, and decided to not have any dealings with Ksenya outside of skating and related business. after the competition or practice ends, we go our own way and do not talk".

He was also VERY close friends with Trankov, going off drinking beers, to football games, hanging out together.. He was fine to be 2nd on the podium next to his "buddy Maxim", and Ksenya wanted him to be more "hungry" and "more ambitious" and not be "ok with standing 2nd next to his buddy"... (and she also was not happy about the few times he had "beers" with his buddy during competitions, after which once he fell down)... :lol:

https://instagram.fhrk1-1.fna.fbcdn...58_1857159487711880_5531941860345380864_n.jpg
http://www.kartinki24.ru/uploads/gallery/main/33/kartinki24_sport_0469.jpeg
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RuH-sJQAm9k/maxresdefault.jpg
https://s5o.ru/storage/simple/ru/edt/33/04/29/83/rue665cb36315.jpg

I can agree on some points here. Fedor cared about getting good results, but he never had that animal-like level of competitiveness that Ksenia had. It was simply a difference in personality. Fedor was the kind of guy who liked to hang with his teammates and rivals, which imo is not a bad thing. I think Stolbova/Klimov were constantly viewed as the "baby pair" compared to Volosozhar/Trankov, and Fedor acknowledged that, but Ksenia always wanted to become the best. (Eventually they did, remember 2016 Worlds when S/K were 4th and V/T were 6th). In personalities, I think they were very similar to Savchenko/Szolkowy.

I also don't think there's anything wrong with keeping your relationship with your partner a strictly working relationship. I know some people who I do not hate, but I don't have much in common with them, so we don't hang out much. However if I saw them somewhere and they were upset, I would do what I could to help them.

However, I am suspicious about your comments regarding the beer. I have seen Fedor drinking beer on Instagram (usually with Trankov), but that does not mean he is a "drunkard" or that he was drinking at competitions. It is totally normal for a young guy to drink beer when he's watching a sports game (in Fedor's case, Zenit soccer). Scott Moir was doing the same thing at the Olympic hockey game and hasn't been crucified for it. I can't remember ever seeing a time when he looked drunk at a competition; his jumps were always rock-solid. I'm pretty sure he kept his social life separate from his skating.

Mad for Skating

Yes, I am sure talent is what Klimov is lacking. He has Olympic silver and gold medals, but he is so untalented! He must have got the medals just for his lovely blue eyes.

This is hilarious! (But I always thought he had brown eyes?)

sus2850

So Tinami says he did drink during a competition and you believe that? Without a source, without proof? Without her even saying when and where this supposedly happened, so eyewitnesses cannot clarify?
I am really disappointed how Fedor is painted in this thread. I met him at quite a few competitions, and talked to him as a journalist. He was very considerate, well-spoken, interested in more adventurous choreography and really polite. Intelligent as well.

savchenkoboss

Banned Member

Of course he is very talented, IMO just not quite Olympic or World Champion level talent. Which results bear out as he and Ksenia did not win a major title, and only 2 total individual medals at Worlds/Olympics. She is however.

hanca

Values her privacy
Of course he is very talented, IMO just not quite Olympic or World Champion level talent. Which results bear out as he and Ksenia did not win a major title, and only 2 total individual medals at Worlds/Olympics. She is however.
Fine, so you argue that because they didn’t win anything substantial (in your eyes), he doesn’t have enough talent. So why in your opinion she has the talent? Not sure if you noticed, but she has exactly the same achievements (or lack of them, according to you) as he has!

The talent is not measured by what someone wins. If Massot didn’t pair up with Savchenko, the chances are he would eventually retire as an average pair skater without any title. Does it mean that he doesn’t have talent? Winning competitions is about opportunities. Stolbova/Klimov’s opportunities were unfortunately reduced by their frequent injuries. That has nothing to do with talent.

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
Fine, so you argue that because they didn’t win anything substantial (in your eyes), he doesn’t have enough talent. So why in your opinion she has the talent? Not sure if you noticed, but she has exactly the same achievements (or lack of them, according to you) as he has!

The talent is not measured by what someone wins. If Massot didn’t pair up with Savchenko, the chances are he would eventually retire as an average pair skater without any title. Does it mean that he doesn’t have talent? Winning competitions is about opportunities. Stolbova/Klimov’s opportunities were unfortunately reduced by their frequent injuries. That has nothing to do with talent.

It is my opinion, and you are free to disagree or agree, but I am not going to change it. I was a big fan of their pair, but I just never felt he quite had the talent to dominate or maybe even win a big title. I felt that even when they won their 2014 Olympic and world silvers and some said they were the future. They got passed the very next season easily by Duhamel & Radford though and it was 100% since Fedor cant match Eric's physical strength and ability to throw, lift, and jump as powerfully as Eric, leading to easier programs, a much lower base value, and lower GOEs, despite that Ksenia is a far better overall skater than Meaghan with equal athleticsm and far superior line and quality in her skating than Meaghan. I am sure you would concede Ksenia is easily a better skater, with miles better artistic and basic skating qualities, than Meaghan, so their being passed emphatically by Duhamel/Radford in fall 2014 was strictly due to Eric >>>> Fedor, particularly athletically.

Then they got passed by Sui & Han, again mostly due to how physically superior to Fedor he is. And soon by Savchenko & Massot too for the same reason, although in this case the goddess Aliona is also superior to Ksenia.

Katta

[QUOTE="aftershocks, post: 5404590, member: 40441" I loved S/K's programs during the 2016-2017 season. Stolbova seemed to be happy and she smiled at Klimov during their Clair de Lune sp at Russian Nationals. But obviously I now know how much they were also struggling to hold it together technically due to various injuries. It surely had to be a huge disappointment for both of them to be kept off the Olympic team. That could be the source of some of their current disgruntlement with each other.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's pretty sums it up; she seemed happy and smiled at Klimov once during 9 years of skating together...............

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information