The Shibutanis Thread 6: Paradise Found

chapis

It must be cool to be able to see all celebrities in person. But why are so many attractive people dressed so horrible? :huh:, Kendall Jenner and Kerry Washington are so pretty but those dresses do them no favors . Thank God Maia never loses good taste.

Kuurisu

Same old same old what? Anyway, I took it to be a play from a line from Black Panther that was similar except the movie said walls instead or borders and was worded differently.
sam old same old as in the whole trump business. i thought something new had come up. since this is off topic anyway nevermind.

chapis

Does anyone have a link to their FD in HQ ?, I do not know what I did wrong that the videos I saved on my computer have no sound:duh: , and their program available in YT is not so HQ. That Russian link is not working anymore :wall:.

----------

Cool picture with Jordan Peele (Get Out). He holding their medals and them his Oscar! https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/970721178976505859

Alex is a big fan of that movie, he must be thrilled :D

Last edited:

Kuurisu

has anyone linked this yet?
US Olympic medalists the 'Shib Sibs' share their 3 best secrets to great teamwork

(https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/03/05...butani-olympians-give-advice-on-teamwork.html)

when maia when they get into arguments and they get over it very fast, i could relate to that so much. it's like what someone else said in a sibling thread: "You can go from actually hating them with all of the darkness of your soul, and then 30 seconds later you are with them like it never happened."

chapis

has anyone linked this yet?
US Olympic medalists the 'Shib Sibs' share their 3 best secrets to great teamwork

(https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/03/05...butani-olympians-give-advice-on-teamwork.html)

when maia when they get into arguments and they get over it very fast, i could relate to that so much. it's like what someone else said in a sibling thread: "You can go from actually hating them with all of the darkness of your soul, and then 30 seconds later you are with them like it never happened."

Interesting article. And I am laughing right now because when I was reading "secrets to great teamwork" "you must listen" my coworker was trying start a conversation with me about my weekend and I was thinking, "omg, let me alone, I am trying to read this!!". Okay, I am horrible :rofl::revenge:

I liked this: "Their graceful partnership is evident even without seeing them skate."

Mrs. P

Cool picture with Jordan Peele (Get Out). He holding their medals and them his Oscar! https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/970721178976505859

Alex is a big fan of that movie, he must be thrilled :D

I love this picture because of what it represents. Breaking barriers, all of them!

First African American to win Oscar for Best Original Screenplay X First AAPI to win Olympic medals in ice dance. So cool.

Last edited:

chapis

They sounded so concerned about that first tweet LOL

And omg Maia as a fidget spinner in the rotational lift. I won’t be able to unsee that now :rofl:

I have read that kind of comments many times and it always seems so funny to me, in Spanish we do not have that expression :rofl:.

Kuurisu

Interesting article. And I am laughing right now because when I was reading "secrets to great teamwork" "you must listen" my coworker was trying start a conversation with me about my weekend and I was thinking, "omg, let me alone, I am trying to read this!!". Okay, I am horrible :rofl::revenge:

I liked this: "Their graceful partnership is evident even without seeing them skate."
awww, i liked that part too <3 <3

flippedstargirl

Maia and Alex were roommates in the Olympic village, The girl was like: you can´t get a break from each other!!:rofl:. Okay, I thought it always was girls with girls and boys with boys. Apparently, it is not like that or maybe they only make exceptions with siblings.

Super late response... From what I gathered from instagram stories is that the athletes were bedrooms as well as a common space, with several rooms sharing a common space. So roommate could refer to who you were sharing a bedroom or common space with. I saw posts where Maia was called roommates with Karen and Alexa. And if I remember correctly, Mirai was called roommates with Adam and Madi/Zach.

love skating

Clueless American
The Home & Family segment was nice! They started off holding dogs that are siblings up for adoption, then they came over for the interview. The interview was the usual questions. They were asked about the next Olympics... They said no one can know the future but they're still young...so sounds like they aren't done yet!

chapis

The Home & Family segment was nice! They started off holding dogs that are siblings up for adoption, then they came over for the interview. The interview was the usual questions. They were asked about the next Olympics... They said no one can know the future but they're still young...so sounds like they aren't done yet!

What kind of programs do you want for the Shibs the next season guys? I dont know about the tango but it would be great hip hop again but for the FD :biggrinbo

Kuurisu

i really wish i could interview them or provide the right questions for them...i mean simple logic says that most of the questions in your head were probably asked by everyone else. or maybe they don't care and just want views, lol. journalism has been dead for a long while after all...

oh and side note: people get paid for interviews right? they've had a ton these past months, they must be getting some mad cash!:respec:

MRani

What kind of programs do you want for the Shibs the next season guys? I dont know about the tango but it would be great hip hop again but for the FD :biggrinbo

I’d like to see them try a free dance similar in style to their exhibition from the 2016-17 season, the one choreographed by Lambiel. I liked the intense mood and quick sharp movements in the choreography.

chapis

I’d like to see them try a free dance similar in style to their exhibition from the 2016-17 season, the one choreographed by Lambiel. I liked the intense mood and quick sharp movements in the choreography.

True, that exh was great and Alex especially shine in that program. But it does not occur to me that another song could they skate to make a similar program, maybe I should listen more of this singer. It worked very well for them to go from "O" to "Fix You".

MRani

True, that exh was great and Alex especially shine in that program. But it does not occur to me that another song could they skate to make a similar program, maybe I should listen more of this singer. It worked very well for them to go from "O" to "Fix You".

Yeah, I don’t have a specific song choice in mind either. I’d have to think about and go looking for music. And yes, I’ve noticed they have high quality exhibitions that seem to be low risk “try-outs” of new styles. It’s very smart of them.

Last edited:

flippedstargirl

i really wish i could interview them or provide the right questions for them...i mean simple logic says that most of the questions in your head were probably asked by everyone else. or maybe they don't care and just want views, lol. journalism has been dead for a long while after all...

I think part of is because most people don't know them/ the sport and even if the host knows ice dance well the viewers may not. So they get the same questions. I would say that happens to others as well.

chapis

The two questions that I hate the most:

1. Why ShibSibs? :rolleyes:
It a reasonable question but I am sick of it.

2. Do you ever fight/argue?
The most stupid question ever :revenge:

MRani

My most hated question:

Aren’t you limited in the romantic sport of ice dance by being siblings?

It’s not even just that I think the question is stupid at this point, considering everything they’ve accomplished. It’s so freaking boring. Everyone has heard this question and their answer a million times by now. Please ask new stupid questions :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information