Harvey Weinstein megaproducer and executive ousted over sexual harassment

VGThuy

What a provocateur. I mean it's not like there are reasons that rape and sexual assault are among the most underreported crimes happening or anything...

Tinami Amori

I remember an interview with Marie Osmond, where she "mentioned" how Graucho Marx used to rich his hand to the end of her skirt and pinch her butt... Marie said is jokingly... but it sounded strange anyway.

I found some copies of interviews, but they are bit shortened.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/16/pmt.01.html
D. OSMOND: Do you remember what Groucho Marx did to you?
M. OSMOND: Yes.
D. OSMOND: OK. This dirty old man.
MORGAN: Groucho Marx?
D. OSMOND: Groucho Marx.
M. OSMOND: Pinched my butt.
MORGAN: No.
D. OSMOND: Pinched Marie's butt the whole time.
(LAUGHTER)
MORGAN: Serious?
D. OSMOND: He was on the "Donny and Marie Show" and -- yes.
M. OSMOND: I mean how many people gets to say that about Groucho?
(CROSSTALK)

... and here is another interview also mentions "pinching"...

snoopy

You do know that Weinstein was a huge money bundler for the Democratic Party. He bundled millions for Obama, Clinton, and Clinton, and many people in congress.
Shame on the women that did not lodge a police report. They were evidently willing to sell themselves (literally) for a part or a movie or a career. Shame on them.

Okay. I don't dispute that. But that doesn't cancel out the people who voted for morally questionable "grab her in the hoohaa" Trump. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And really, my point was that Republicans don't care about morals either. Trump's win proves that. It's not just about Hillary because Republicans had a choice of eleventy billion people in the primary and they still chose Trump.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Okay. I don't dispute that. But that doesn't cancel out the people who voted for morally questionable "grab her in the hoohaa" Trump. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And really, my point was that Republicans don't care about morals either. Trump's win proves that. It's not just about Hillary because Republicans had a choice of eleventy billion people in the primary and they still chose Trump.
Can't argue with much of that. They are all horrid as far as I am concerned.

Tinami Amori

Trump "talking" is not the same as Weinstein and Clinton and few others "doing it". Dems/Libs and their wealthy Left supporters (like Soros) invested millions if not billions in discrediting Trump during the Elections. They spared not a dollar nor an inch of decency on digging up many far fetched allegations, including blunt lies.

If there was even one single woman, with even a remotely valid case against Trump, we would be still talking about it, and she'd be in court "courtesy of Democrats", and for every dollar that Trump could have hypothetically bribe her with, Dems would offer 3x for her to proceed..... But there is no such woman....:p

Trump is not a Republican, and he did no advertise "morals".
He was a rogue from the start, did not just not hide it, but intentionally confirmed it: this is how i am, take it or leave it. People "took it".

Dems' and Reps' "morals" are going out of style....:cheer2:. Reps stick their noses into your bedroom and tell you to pray, and Dems stick their hands into your wallet and tell you to shut-up. Enough.

Last edited:

Japanfan

I ran into Mr. Bryant once at the airport, did not really know who he was at the beginning, don't follow that sport at all. All i noticed is a "european style dressed and well mannered gentleman"... I had no idea he was a ballplayer, or his name, or that he was American... He looked and had manners of a fine man.)

:confused: You're going to evaluate a man's capacity to sexually harass or assault a woman based on whether he looks like a gentleman or not?

Womens rights supposed promoters, “the progressives “such as Madonna, Cyrus, are trying sooooooo hard to break the “Christian conservative taboos and inhibitions about sex”…. Well, maybe they succeeded breaking the sex taboos…. “sex trash on stage” is a norm…. Cyrus and Madonna have a prick envy, so they put on huge fake ones and waves them as a power symbol, "banging other women" sometimes...

What a load of ___ :confused:

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

One woman lodged a police report. She even wore a wire. The police buried it. Did any other woman have reason to think things would go better for her?
Yours is an unfounded accusation.
What Happened is this:THE GUARDIAN

Filipina-Italian model Ambra Battilana Gutierrez accused Weinstein of groping her breasts and putting his hand up her skirt during a meeting at his office.

She filed a complaint with the NYPD, and the next night met with Weinstein again, supported by an NYPD undercover operation and while wearing a wire, according to the New Yorker, recording the producer appearing to confess to groping her.

The NYPD said it investigated a misdemeanor sexual abuse complaint against Weinstein and the case was referred to the Manhattan district attorney’s office. The office decided not to file charges.

Questioned about that decision at a public appearance in New York on Wednesday, the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus Vance Jr, said: “It’s obviously sickening. But at the end of the day we operate in a courtroom of law, not the court of public opinion, and our sex crime prosecutors made a determination that this was not going to be a provable case.”

Took a lot of good old boys, and women who needed/wanted a job and to be famous more than their own dignity, to have kept this quiet.

snoopy

Trump is not a Republican, and he did no advertise "morals". He was a rogue from the start, did not just not hide it, but intentionally confirmed it: this is how i am, take it or leave it. People "took it".

That is exactly my point. People don't care about morals. Anyone who is hyperventilating about Harvey is doing so out of partisanship.

screech

Shame on the women that did not lodge a police report. They were evidently willing to sell themselves (literally) for a part or a movie or a career. Shame on them.
Heather Graham said that he didn't flat out say she'd get a part if she slept with him, but that it was implied. He'd said something like "My wife has given me permission to sleep with whoever I want when I'm away from home." She said she wasn't using the lack of flat out 'sex for job' as an excuse, but that can be very hard to define exactly what sexual harassment in the workplace is, which is why she didn't come forward.

Also, people are now blaming victims. Many of the women probably had situations like Heather's which wasn't clear cut. Many were scared to come forward. There's a lot of reasons why someone might not file a report. There is ZERO excuse to shame those women who were victims of a predator.

AxelAnnie

Vanity Fair
This is a list of some of the most famous and powerful women in the world. And they all kept quiet. What does that silence say about themselves? What they think of women (by not stopping him, they endangered others). And, how much they valued their careers.

Sick.

AxelAnnie

Axle Annie,

Do you ever notice you have a pattern of always blaming the woman?

I'll remind you you dropped your girl Megan Kelly like a box of rocks the second after she got into a tussle with Trump.
My girl Megyn went south.....poor thing. I thought her question at the debate was an attack. I had always really liked her. She is not doing well at wherever she is.

And you are probably correct. I think mostly what you see is a reaction to women's (in general) expectations.
I am not blaming anyone other than Weinstein for his actions. I do blame those women for not speaking out. The could have buried him.

screech

I do blame those women for not speaking out. The could have buried him.

Part of Heather Graham's statement:
"The question — and this is not an excuse — is what defines sexual harassment in the workplace? He didn’t explicitly offer a trade — sex for work — even though I knew that was what he was implying. And I hadn’t gone to his hotel. I know this is an inner dialogue many women have — it’s part of what’s holding so many of us back from sharing our stories. We don’t want to be attacked for reading into something that may or may not have been there."

He did not explicitly say that she had to have sex with him to get a part. It was just subtext. But if she was to report it, it could have easily been dismissed as 'she misunderstood'. As I said before, there are many reasons it may not be reported. Blaming the victims adds nothing to the situation.

Japanfan

Vanity Fair
This is a list of some of the most famous and powerful women in the world. And they all kept quiet. What does that silence say about themselves? What they think of women (by not stopping him, they endangered others). And, how much they valued their careers.

Sick.

The silence says they are afraid and ashamed. And unfortunately, points to the normalization of sexual harassment and assault in the workplace. Women have every right to value their careers and do need to earn a living and raise families.

Threatening a career is is a powerful means to silence women, especially if the man doing the threatening has the power to make sure a woman doesn't ever get a job in a certain industry again, should she displease him. In addition, women stay silent because if they come forward they may be disbelieved and ridiculed, have their characters ripped apart and their credibility questioned. And be blamed, just as you and Tinami tend to blame the victim.

AxelAnnie

Japanfan - If Angelina Jolie, who has one of the largest platforms to speak out keeps silent there is no hope for the rest of us.

What does their silence communicate to younger women who are harassed? It is not a strong message.

snoopy

With your history of blaming women, I doubt you would have believed anyone who came forward, even Angelina Jolie. Or you would have blamed her for wearing a slinky dress. I think you only believe it now because of Harvey's own admission. That and so you can wag your fingers at democrats.

And you are probably correct. I think mostly what you see is a reaction to women's (in general) expectations.
I am not blaming anyone other than Weinstein for his actions. I do blame those women for not speaking out. The could have buried him.

VGThuy

And shame on those younger women who are harassed that fail to speak out! And so on and so on.

With your history of blaming women, I doubt you would have believed anyone who came forward, even Angelina Jolie. Or you would have blamed her for wearing a slinky dress. I think you only believe it now because of Harvey's own admission. That and so you can wag your fingers at democrats.

We have a winner here.

AxelAnnie

Just FYI - male anatomy did not deter Shirley Temple.
AMERICA’S LITTLE DARLING

In her memoir “Child Star,” actress Shirley Temple claimed that an MGM producer known to have an “adventuresome casting couch” unzipped his trousers and exposed himself to her during their first meeting in 1940. She was 12. Being innocent of male anatomy, she responded with nervous laughter, and he threw her out of his office. Fortunately, she had already signed her contract with MGM.

AxelAnnie

Sorry you think that. It is not true. My daughter spent years in schools and courts dealing with girls who had been harassed.

And as to Ms. Jolie...it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what others would hae thought had she spoken out. People who were not sure Weinstein was a slime bag, for example. Girls / women who thought what he was doing was acceptable, or in their imaginations.

Tinami Amori

What a load of ___ :confused:
I too think it is a "load of..." when entertainers, who are supposedly promote feminism and women's rights, perform simulation of lewd, grotesque, degrading, sometimes violent sexual acts on stage, and make it a social norm for adults AND children.

Who needs evil men to talk dirty about women and degrade them..... Madonna, Cyrus, others do a great job degrading women themselves.

I am woman, hear me roar?......... neeeooooo

I am a woman, stick a finger up my....
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3ExFJRNWHMM/hqdefault.jpg

I am a woman, do me like dog.... and if you don't then i'll stick in a microphone..
https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/miley-cyrus-300x400-21.jpg?w=300
https://andrewazzopardi.files.wordp...-1da03a0500000578-990_634x871.jpg?w=450&h=618

Alice Cooper's now seems like a high-school band.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I don't think anyone can comment on the situation about people not saying anything because you never know what you would do in that situation. It is like sexual harrassment at work or even bullying.

Many companies have policies and procedures around these issues. But when you are in that situation it is very difficult to just say do something. My previous job I eventually left because I was bullied. But I stuck at it for 4 years because of the circumstances of the bully and the attitude of my manager.

We also had a case here in Australia of a cadet reporter at one of the major TV stations who when she put in a sexual harassment complaint was then accused of bullying herself and stood down without a support person or right of reply. The guy who harassed her is still there. Fortunately she had the record of the termination interview on her phone which is pretty damning for the network.

Artistic Skaters

Drawing Figures
Just FYI - male anatomy did not deter Shirley Temple.
Didn't deter her from what exactly? Pursuing her film career with MGM? She made one movie with MGM & her contract was later cancelled & she retired from acting a few years later.

Nervously laughing at a child molester? It sounds like this happened around the same time of the Shirley Temple painting by Salvador Dali, which was basically a commentary about how Hollywood was peddling her image to pedophiles.

I'm not sure what point you wanted to make with the story you posted, since it's another about predatory behavior. Do you give extra points for some reason if they get kicked out of the meeting due to involuntary actions? The responsibility for avoiding harassment is not up to the twelve year old.

Last edited:

snoopy

So what? Are you trying to take credit for your daughter's work? You didn't do it.

Sorry you think that. It is not true. My daughter spent years in schools and courts dealing with girls who had been harassed.

And as to Ms. Jolie...it doesn't matter what I think. What matters is what others would hae thought had she spoken out. People who were not sure Weinstein was a slime bag, for example. Girls / women who thought what he was doing was acceptable, or in their imaginations.

snoopy

Great. The slinky dress argument.

I too think it is a "load of..." when entertainers, who are supposedly promote feminism and women's rights, perform simulation of lewd, grotesque, degrading, sometimes violent sexual acts on stage, and make it a social norm for adults AND children.

Who needs evil men to talk dirty about women and degrade them..... Madonna, Cyrus, others do a great job degrading women themselves.

I am woman, hear me roar?......... neeeooooo

I am a woman, stick a finger up my....
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3ExFJRNWHMM/hqdefault.jpg

I am a woman, do me like dog.... and if you don't then i'll stick in a microphone..
https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/miley-cyrus-300x400-21.jpg?w=300
https://andrewazzopardi.files.wordp...-1da03a0500000578-990_634x871.jpg?w=450&h=618

Alice Cooper's now seems like a high-school band.

Tinami Amori

Great. The slinky dress argument.
No! my comments were NOT a "slinky dress" argument, in cases of a date-rape or a violent attack or other forms of harassment.

My comments are about a FACT that "lewd grotesque degrading to women sex acts" becoming acceptable in ENTERTAINMENT and often performed by women themselves (in response to an example of Howard Stern Show sex talk).

If Madonna, Cyrus and other women can stick objects up theirs XXXX on stage, don't blame men for talking dirty on Howard Stern's show.

I think you better add "What Weinstein & Cosby did is one issue. Yes, awful and needs to be criminally addressed. A parallel issue, not related to guilt of women and justification of men, is why women not reporting the crimes. Men's acts are not justified by women's silence. But women's silence is AN ISSUE of its own".

Last edited:

snoopy

Ah, I see. You are right. It's not really a slinky dress argument. Your argument is more "it's okay for trump to act lewdly in public because liberal entertainers do it too".

Way to set the bar high.

No! my comments were NOT a "slinky dress" argument, in cases of a date-rape or a violent attack or other forms of harassment.

My comments are about a FACT that "lewd grotesque degrading to women sex acts" becoming acceptable in ENTERTAINMENT and often performed by women themselves (in response to an example of Howard Stern Show sex talk).

If Madonna, Cyrus and other women can stick objects up theirs XXXX on stage, don't blame men for talking dirty on Howard Stern's show.

I think you better add "What Weinstein & Cosby did is one issue. Yes, awful and needs to be criminally addressed. A parallel issue, not related to guilt of women and justification of men, is why women not reporting the crimes. Men's acts are not justified by women's silence. But women's silence is AN ISSUE of its own".

Tinami Amori

Your argument is more "it's okay for trump to act lewdly in public because liberal entertainers do it too".Way to set the bar high.
Yeap..... I even think it is OK for a Democrat Congressman Anthony Weiner to show his tool on social media, IF the women were not under-aged...

AxelAnnie

So what? Are you trying to take credit for your daughter's work? You didn't do it.
So pleasant. Are you worried about your Ice Rink?
I will be more clear. My daughter and I have had lots of discussions about women who are abused, why they don't report, and men who abuse over and over. I have learned a lot. And it has widened my perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information