Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

randomsplashes

I am way behind so bear with me ... are they competing the fd today?

I can hardly wait til we have normal tv coverage to see the expressions and music better although thank you to the people that have filmed it!!
yup! FD starts today at 4:50 EST. I believe they're going 2nd last in Group 2
Here's the link to the livestream: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60qkns

Sonata

That SD looked SHARP! They look so confident and fit.

As for looking busy, that quality was always rewarded during last cycle. I find they manage to do their moves without looking frantic due to their exquisite body control.

And no matter how expressive, you know the American and French judges are going to low ball them anyways. Being OTT (which I don't think they are for a Latin dance) might help them move their Performance and interpretation scores from 8.7 to 8.9. :EVILLE:

bbkenn

I thought it was beautiful, but lots didn't like it that much felt it was recycled old programs. I don't know what they're watching.

Golden1

That was stunning! I was spellbound from the second they started. Now I'm sorry I ever doubted their choice of music because to me this FD is a master piece. I was so fascinated that I didn't notice any serious obvious mistakes however they seemed to be disappointed in the end. Has anyone got an idea why?

Last edited:

VGThuy

I agree with the disconnect at times. They need to work on a few things. I don't think the program itself is close to being a masterpiece, but their skating will be good enough to win another gold if they hit the elements and this routine won't detract from that. I feel this program could have been a lot better, and not just in V/M standards.

nimi

Just chiming in to say I really, really, really don't appreciate Ewan McGregor as a vocalist and the RRROOOOOXXXAAANNNNEEEE gravel voice is super grating as well so I just really, really, really wish they'd use instrumental versions of MR songs (or at least use the vocal versions some but not ALL of the duration of the program).

Now that I've gotten that off my chest...

I could totally see this program taking them to second OGM and getting them standing ovations (because most people in the audience aren't gonna be tired of effing Ewan McGregor hollering). I just wish I could buy an instrumental version of their MR edit somewhere and play that in my ipod every time I'm going to watch this program this season... so that I could enjoy their skating fully...

Alexandria

Yeah people on goldenskate not liking it so far.

I was actually very surprised they didn't like it.

All due respect to the "experts" at goldenskate, but I think V/M fans learned a long time ago that people will always pick apart little aspects of their routines because there's frankly not that much legitimate to criticize. I'm just going to enjoy the hell out of it and try not to be sad that this is likely the end. But hell, this is basically a practice competition and they already look really good. I can't wait to see what it grows into!

ETA: They also made the point in their interview that they're trying to appeal to a larger Olympic audience so I think many things that die hard FS fans (and fans of other teams) may want aren't their top priority this year.

bbkenn

All due respect to the "experts" at goldenskate, but I think V/M fans learned a long time ago that people will always pick apart little aspects of their routines because there's frankly not that much legitimate to criticize. I'm just going to enjoy the hell out of it and try not to be sad that this is likely the end. But hell, this is basically a practice competition and they already look really good. I can't wait to see what it grows into!

I remember last year when they debuted their programs at NHK, people hating their free skate and saying much the same things, but they won everything because they are just so much stronger, faster and their skating skills are just so incredible, that the nitpicking is inevitable. I loved that and it made me tear up. They must be glad to have that first skate under their belt.

princeton123

I think they did the whole thing better in practice. It almost kind of looks like he accidentally knocks her over at one point and she loses balance? It happens right before the Carmen lift and they don't really recover after that.

But I felt a disconnect too - Tessa's energy was at like 80% the whole program and Scott was at 280%.

I ain't worried though, the whole program has great bones.

Rafter

Did anyone else feel like they were skating about a minute and a half and not four minutes?

That flew by so fast!

Lots to love in that FD.

It felt a minute long to me. Brilliant idea putting the dramatic tango to start showing the staccato, sharp, dramatic movements and then ending with the more lyrical music. It really highlights their unrivalled versatility and musicality.

Rafter

Btw, I get the red dress for this program but she looks so much better in that sleek royal blue dress she wore for practice. Scott looked better in the all black too. The overall effect of the practice costuming made the program and their movements somehow more striking.

I dont like Scott in grey for both programs. However this program by Feb will be incredible.

martyross

this is their Romeo and Juliet <3
Moulin Rouge was waiting for them all these years.
if you stare at their faces you will see that the acting is there every second. the story is in every turn and glare, so much pain and love in this bigger-than-life work of art.

Last edited:

Alexandria

Ok, I watched it again to look at it objectively. They were definitely tentative which may be the "disconnect" some see, but I'd totally expect that in September. I was actually surprised that their SD wasn't tentative. If they were peaking with this program right now, that would be a huge problem. They've always been growers with their programs so I expect their plan is to be skating it perfectly with abandon next year, not now. And you could tell they weren't thrilled at the end probably because they want to be skating it perfectly with abandon starting now through February but that's also not realistic.

Alexandria

They were pretty harsh on the FSU Autumn Classic thread, but there were some positives too.:D

I mean, half the people who criticize V/M will see their own masterpiece when their favorites skate. We all have our biases so I don't take it personally. All that really matters is that they have great programs that they can perfect, connect to, and will score well.

Shayii

Ok this is going to be my frank opinion. When I first saw the practice clips I wasn't really feeling the program TBH that's why I didn't really comment on the program itself. Today the first part of the program worked for me and I loved the intensity of it. Now, the second part they need to alter it to make it more…impactful, especially the ending. I get what they're going for in the ending because they're trying to replicate the death scene and it's supposed to be emotional, but that's not coming across to me. I think it would be better it then ended with the climax of the song. I want to know what you guys think especially of the ending.

arakwafan2006

This dress is perfect for Tessa. Her shape doesn’t need help and this simple dress fits her and prevents me from taking my eyes away. I would prefer an even more simple top like Michelle Kwan ‘s Spartacus dress. Tessa can wear a gown and make it look amazing. I didn’t love the dress last year. It made her look bigger than she is.

Scott’s costumes this year are hideous. His energy, hair and commitment to passion however make him as strong as Cizeron but at the other end of the spectrum. Man, what a gift that they came back.

By the way, Marie France’s Bob is just... award the whole damn thing. Skaters... coaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information