From Russia with love [#27]: Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

analia

Tarakanova's program is so busy it makes my head spin. Every program I watched after that seems to be royal elegance. To be honest one Eteri soldier on field a week is a tiny bit too much.

Ka3sha

she is more than 10 points behind the 3rd placer in the SP. No medal or JGP Final for her this season. The Russian Fed may definitely take her second assignment out.
But her personal best (133,8) is more than 12 points higher than Yamashita's (121,4) and almost 18 points higher than Eunsoo Lim's (116).
It will be extremely hard for her to medal but it's possible

Eislauffan

she is more than 10 points behind the 3rd placer in the SP. No medal or JGP Final for her this season. The Russian Fed may definitely take her second assignment out.

It's not over until it's over. 10 points is not so much. Two jumps can do it. She has to be brilliant, though and maybe has to rely on the mistakes of others, but she definitely has a chance.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Gubanova (aka Daenerys Targaryen's little sister) MAY be toast. MAY...let's see what the FS brings tomorrow.

barbarafan

Cherub721

YEAH!
I thought Ilinykh had said she planned to go to the test skates, though I don't see how that's possible or whether they are even invited.

I don't get the plan for K&S. they're basically waiting to see if everyone besides the top 2 bombs?

clairecloutier

^^ I'm wondering if the Russian fed might have asked K/S to stay "in reserve" just in case S/K (or T/M) suffer more injuries? (It's somewhat implied in the link above.)

Last edited:

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Am not sure it's the Russian fed asking them or Kawaguti/Smirnov explicitly telling the Russian fed they will not do GP/small competitions only to be left out of the Olympics when Mozer's pairs decide it's about time to get ready...

Ka3sha

Last edited:

text_skate

All event ticket in the most expensive category is just 160 euros (11 000 rubles)

I only can find tickets for 2nd best category (6.200 rub.).

There will be tickets for training sessions :) I'm really thinking about going.

Dobre

She landed a beautiful 3 lutz / 3 toe loop to open her program, so she can clearly still jump. She had a bad opening competition; I wouldn't write her off yet.

I believe Gubanova had a good opening competition. At the St. Petersburg Cup, where she finished less than a point behind Liza and also finished ahead of Konstantinova, Sakhanovich, Kostner, and Leonova.

It is the second event which was poor (albeit her first JGP event).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I think on A. If I recall correctly on CoRs and the Worlds the judges were in C.

Elkmaria

Right, it's A, but tickets in Sector A (I mean lower bowl) rarely go on sale, as they are usually reserved for guests and officials. It was also the case this time: only C, B and D were available, and the best seats are now gone. However, I think that Category 2 seats in B and D are quite decent too, especially given the low price. The upper bowl is VERY high up.
The tickets for individual disciplines will probably go on sale later. There may be a chance to grab Sector A, though a remote one.

ETA: Eek, it seems that only the upper bowl seats are left. The lower bowl all-event tickets are sold out. That was quick!

Ka3sha

List of participants at the test skates
http://fsrussia.ru/novosti-federats...rolnykh-prokatov-v-sochi-9-10-sentyabrya.html

Ice Dance:
Bobrova/Soloviev
Evdokimova/Bazin
Zahorski/Guerreiro
Ilinykh/Shibnev
Loboda/Drozd
Annabel Moroozva/Andrei Bagin :eek::eek::eek:
Popova/Mozgov
Sinitsina/Katsalapov
Stepanova/Bukin

Men:
Aliev