2017-2018 Program Music and Choreographers

Willin

No one should use Jlo "music" for any competition, but at least it was the shortest segment of the dance. Calling it the Jlo program is a bit misleading. (Frankly, the SDs that year were:rolleyes:, but it was only the second season for the new short dance format.)
Interestingly enough, at a couple of the solo dance competitions I did, they used JLo's "On The Floor" as one of the pieces of music used for the ChaCha. I bet none of the competitors practiced to that! I remember walking into the rink, hearing that, and thinking it was someone's poor choice for a FD.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I can't believe I'm saying this but at this point of their training S/K look much more prepared than B/S which is a pity as Nikita's drama queen behavior is just so infuriating. Plus their music sounds more interesting and yet is still boring so B/S should maybe join the ever extending club of the scrap program brigade :scream:

suki

I sincerely apologize. I should have referred to it as The 2011-2012 Competitive Short Dance in Which Meryl Davis Thoroughly Disproves Any Possible Belief that She Is Able to Channel More Latina Authenticity than a Grilled Cheese Sandwich.

Hey as long as you don't use the dreaded name of JLo, call what you wish. Just her name sets my teeth on edge.

kittysk8ts

Well, I seem to recall a few rhumbas to Pitbull at the Lake Placid comp. awhile back. That is just as bad as JLo. IMO of course.

operagirl

I'm going to continue saying this:
Please, some coach/music consultant listen to the score of THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA. Please.

The overture and Love to Me, for a start.

VGThuy

So, is every figure skating Carmen edited the same exact way nowadays no matter what the discipline? I feel like I've been hearing the same exact music edit for the past 15 years, with the only difference being whether or not they use "Habanera" as the slow piece.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
After all these comments, I didn't hate B/S. He was clearly doing 80% of the program, though. I mean, it's latin, and it's cheesy and it's ICE DANCE. What's wrong with that?

Dobre

It was inevitable that Betina Popova would one day perform Carmen. Might as well get it out of the way now. She's a wonderful performer. I'm afraid I don't watch Mozgov any more when they are skating than I watched Vlasenko. But Mozgov is taller so that's a plus. They look ready for the season.

Not sure how I feel about the Chicago for Loboda & Drozd. On the one hand, I'm incredibly happy we are going to have so many FDs that are not soft and flowy this season. At the moment, though, this program is really busy & unpolished. Plus the music is echoing badly in the rink in the video, and it's impossible to tell if they are on the music or not.

So despite the echoing rink, I believe the end of Sinitsina & Katsalapov's music is the fab ending from the Shibs' revamped 2012 SD. Anyone know what the rest of the music is?

Bobrova & Soloviev look not ready yet. I was thinking of giving them time & seeing how it looks at Nepela, but--yikes!--that's in 20 days. Maybe I'll wait until Rostelecom.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
The entire time I was hypnotized by Bobrova's blue frill. :inavoid: I couldn't figure out the costume and fabric architecture until the very end. If Sinitsina had Tatiana Navka coaching her I think a transformation would happen.

(go Tiff and Jon! :cheer: :kickass: )

C

casken

B&S always blow elements at the test skates, particularly the twizzles. I pretty much expect it at this point.

DobrinFan

ichiro

B/S - that program looked like a hot mess. I want what Zulins smoking :)

Surprised with S/K they actually look good for this early in the season. I've never warmed up to this team primarily because of his diva antics. However if they're serious about improving then i'm all on board

kittysk8ts

Surprised with S/K they actually look good for this early in the season. I've never warmed up to this team primarily because of his diva antics. However if they're serious about improving then i'm all on board

You're not alone. I want to see them do well for Viktoria's sake. Imagine what this whole ride has been like for her.

sap5

I do wonder if people's enjoyment of these skates would be improved by at least 10% if the video was able to capture the music better or if the arena's sound quality was better.

I don't know. I know it wasn't the sound quality that bothered me about the skates.

kittysk8ts

I do wonder if people's enjoyment of these skates would be improved by at least 10% if the video was able to capture the music better or if the arena's sound quality was better.
For me, yes. I have reserved comment on both of these performances for that exact reason. Yes, I could see their actual skating clearly, but the audio quality was so poor that it was hard to assess the overall impression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information